5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent inspiring read, 18 Jun 2013
"Your customers are making choices based on emotions.... your brand is what customers feel, what they believe...the story as seen through their eyes."

This superb book is packed full of original and unusual examples of brilliant brand story telling. My favourite is the letter to a family from their vet about a beloved pet's demise. How many businesses do you know that that would take the time to write that? Imagine the impact on the family.

Bernadette has unearthed inspiring illustrations from businesses large and small, around the world, on how to tell great brand stories, and the impact those stories have.

But she goes well beyond this. With her penetrating and incisive questions at the end of each chapter, you feel she is really there in the room asking you to take action, not just to read.

This book won't be read once, and tucked away on a shelf. It'll stay on my desk, as a reminder that a good feeling is what makes one person tell another a story about a brand. How do you create that feeling, where others tell your story? This book, briiliantly, shows you how.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant. Perfect for any business who wants to stand out in the crowd., 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Fortune Cookie Principle : The 20 Keys to a Great Brand Story and Why Your Business Needs One. (Kindle Edition)
I have been in online marketing for over 12 years, more so on the technical side, and it really opened my eyes. I currently work with a number of clients, mainly fashion brands on small budgets, and it's often difficult to get them to think beyond price and selling their soul just to make a sale. I found your book gave me a fresh perspective on how to explain it to them and also gave me some great ideas on how we can re-invent their proposition and customer experience.

I've already recommended your book to six people. Keep up the good work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking & inspring, 23 Jun 2013
Mr. Joel Hughes "Joel_Hughes" (Wales (UK)) - See all my reviews
Bernadette never lets you down. This potent book is full of crafted, real world stories which help illustrate the global shift away from the traditional, one-way brand publishing model towards something more authentic, more personable, and more rewarding.

I'll be re-reading this book and thinking long & hard about all the questions it raises. My business is undergoing changes and this book is the perfect companion on that journey.

A must read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The brand is the business, 21 Jun 2014
I bought the book expecting everything to be laid out for me, and for it to be all nice numbered lists. It wasn't, I was pleasantly surprised.

Sit down for an afternoon with this book, a cup of coffee, pen and paper, and I guarantee you your business will come on leaps and bounds. It forces you to think and react, and really get down to the core of your business and what it is you're aiming to deliver. Using the questions this book has raised, I know my business will be better. A must for all business owners.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 5 April 2014
This book is meaty but easy to read. Full of marketing and business wisdom amply demonstrated with stories and case studies, not just the oft-quoted Apple success story but others, equally fascinating and less well known.

I can't wait to sample Bernadette Jiwa's other books but there is so much to digest in The Fortune Cookie Principle I could happily sit down and start over.

A great read for any entrepreneur who understands our story is what distinguishes us and puts us on a level playing field with other businesses whatever their size and reputation.

4.0 out of 5 stars Insightful, 19 Aug 2013
With so many people writing about marketing, especially the e-commerce variety, this book is a breath of fresh air. I read it in a couple of sittings and actioned almost all of the advice within a week. My web response has improved as a result. What more can I say?

5.0 out of 5 stars If you only read one marketing book - read this, 19 Aug 2013
I so wish I had read book two years ago. It would have saved me a lot of money, time and anguish.

You need to get your story right first. People listen to stories and they remember and retell them. I think the best product in the world is still lost without a story. Everyone with inferior products seems to be able to shout louder and have a bigger marketing budgets. If you have the better story you don't have to shout, you just have to tell it to the people that it matters to, those are your customers.

I can't rate the book highly enough. Calling it an eye opener doesn't do it justice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Storytelling is important in business, 15 Mar 2014
Mr. Chandesh Parekh (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought the Kindle version, at 1.86 - a more than reasonable bargain for a book that makes a lot of sense, all without using jargon and buzzwords. Easy to read, easy to digest.