5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for Nuisance all Blocking!
Published 9 months ago by I. P. Clark

1.0 out of 5 stars BT 118500 premium number hardwired into contacts
A word of warning : BT have hardwired their 118500 directory enquiry number into the contacts on this phone. As a parent of young children I do not want a premium number sitting in in my contacts (and I also object to being forced to have numbers that I don't want or need in *my* contacts list).

I have spoken to BT's tech support and you cannot remove this...
Published 9 months ago by scep

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for Nuisance all Blocking!, 16 Oct 2013
I. P. Clark - See all my reviews
This review is from: BT 7600 Cordless DECT Phone with Answer Machine and Nuisance Call Blocker (Pack of 4) (Electronics)
I selected this phone primarily to block nuisance calls. Yes, I did need BT caller display to be activated and it has blocked all international and number withheld calls so far. The only call that got through had a UK number, even though I also have the telephone preference service activated. However, the phone allows you to block individual numbers as well, so no more calls from that number in future! What I also like is that you can see how many of them you have blocked - several every single day!

As for the phone, it works really well, looks attractive and the sound quality is great. However, range is not as good as I expected as I can only get about 100 feet down the garden before it starts to cut out. However, that is probably OK for most people and indoors we have no issues.

5.0 out of 5 stars New house telephones, 12 Dec 2013
Excellent purchase and I wish I'd bought this system sooner - best reason for liking the system is when I enter a name and number on one phone, it is automatically saved on all four telephones.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great phone......... and it does what it says, 26 Feb 2014
R. Pritchard "Ray" (UK) - See all my reviews
The sound quality is good. It is very easy to set it up to block chosen numbers. There is an option of 'blanket' blocking all 'Withheld' and 'International calls'. I have used the later as all the calls I get from abroad are trying to sell me something. You dont have to set either option up. It lets you know when a blocked number has called but it will not have rung. Its neat and tidy and much better than the Panasonic call blocker phone I had before. I have the 3 phone package and they work as intercoms. Any number, or instruction, you programme into one handset is tansferred to them all. Its just good ! Just a word for 2 of the 1* raters on this page. No cordless phone works in a power cut. The authorities tell you to have a 'cheap' standard phone in the drawer to use at these times. Secondly, the preprogrammed BT enquiry number that appears at the very bottom of your contact list is not a problem either . Just tell your kids to leave the phone alone, or put it out of reach! In any case, there is an option to 'lock' the handsets with a code to stop the phone used by others............ children or adults.

1.0 out of 5 stars BT 118500 premium number hardwired into contacts, 7 Oct 2013

I have spoken to BT's tech support and you cannot remove this number (which suggests that BT make a lot of money out of it). You can't even use the "block premium numbers" feature of the phone because 118500 is not classed as "premium", even though they cost 59p per call plus 2.39 per minute. BT told me that I could block 118500 if I paid them 39.60 a year, which is what the phone costs.

It is completely cynical for a company to hardwire their expensive premium number into their phone and then charge you to block it. (In fact when you look at it that way there are stronger words that you might use). The phone has gone back to Amazon (whose customer service is excellent, as ever) and I'll stay well away from BT phones from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars best phone ever!, 18 Aug 2013
If like me you get telemarketing and other unwanted calls making life hell, this is the phone to stop it all in an easy to set up unit.
Less than five minutes, after setting no overseas calls (where most of my telemarketing calls originated), no calls without caller ID (except those listed in your contacts, all of which the phone will let through), no private calls with number withheld, no pay phone calls accepted, wonderful!
Once you've set up your contacts, all those numbers will get through straight away, so add anyone you wish to keep in touch with, the rest will never bother you ever again.
Make sure you subscribe to caller display to get this phone fully functioning, and you're away.
Brilliant, best phone I've ever bought!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it should., 4 Feb 2014
I bought the twin set of phones because of unwanted calls, and it does what it should. Easy to set up and to use.
The only things that I found it came up short on was the small 10 number memory for the blocked calls, and the other small thing is I would have thought it would have been able to read a sim card.
It works well, blocks unwanted calls and has an answerphone. A good buy I would say.

2.0 out of 5 stars Is ok if you have good eyesight., 4 Sep 2013
We bought this system for the features it offered i.e. nuisance call barring as our old Panasonic would not do this. Setting up was easy but when it came to viewing the screen on an incoming call the screen is very poor to read and there is no option to improve this. This may not affect other people but for people who have sight problems or are diabetic this causes a problem whereas the Panasonic didn't.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great at stopping those nuisance calls, 4 Oct 2013
We purchased these to replace a Panasonic set we have had for 4 years. The main reason for the purchase what to stop our continual stream of nuisance calls
The number has dropped considerably although one occasionally gets through. Our only complaint would be if we miss a call while out the light showing we've had a call is not easily visible and could do with being much brighter.

4.0 out of 5 stars Phone update into 21st century!, 13 Mar 2014
Pleased with the BT7600 cordless phones. Only problem is the short ring time before the answer phone clicks in, and have not worked out how to increase the time it continues ringing to allow normal answering.
Screen information very clear - an improvement on our old cordless model, and other facilities very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars bt7600 phone I like it but !, 15 Nov 2013
Very good to block the calls we don't want. None have got through since we installed the phones.
The only thing that lets it down is the cord length on the main phone. It is so short that it doesn't reach from the main socket, up to the top of a set of drawers that we have. The problem is that you cannot use any other extension to plug into the phone, so it is sitting on the floor.