5.0 out of 5 stars It was well worth selling my house
Even though I now have nowhere to live, these cables mean that the stereo in my Fiat Panda sounds as if I am INSIDE the music. So much so, that I have bought myself a NEW HOUSE COMPLETELY OUT OF MUSIC. All my animal friends from the Magical Wood agree that these cables are utterly life transforming!

I am hoping that the equal marriage bill comes through so that...
Published 22 months ago by R. Ramsay

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as you might think
After my recent multi million dollar lottery win, I was having trouble thinking of how I could spend some money frivolously without resorting to gambling, hiring prostitutes, or the use of hard drugs.
I sat, despondently, staring at my early 1990's Sony separates system and I had an amazing idea!
What if I could find a mind-bogglingly expensive alternative to...
Published 22 months ago by Mr M T Tanner

5.0 out of 5 stars It was well worth selling my house, 18 Jun. 2013
R. Ramsay (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: AudioQuest WEL Signature 9m Terminated Pair (Terminated 2-2) Speaker Cable (Electronics)

I am hoping that the equal marriage bill comes through so that I can marry my lovely, lovely cables.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 18 Jun. 2013
Wow what a fantastic cable, it has solved so many problems with my life - what to do with all this money I keep falling over, how to get my wife to divorce me & how to raise that great look of disgust from anyone who knows me! The only downside is, I cant tell any perceptible change between these cables and the £5 I previously had from Argos, but I'm pretty sure my penis is slightly larger now, which frankly, is becoming very important to me. Just think, I could be sat here with a sports car on my drive, but instead I have these cables, or as I call them, investment strings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Musical Nirvana, 18 Jun. 2013
I've noticed a measure of unhelpful mockery creeping into the reviews for this item and whilst it's no doubt hilarious, I don't think it's really fair on the small-time vendors trying to offload these items at the lowest possible price. In order to re-dress the situation allow me to relate my own experience:

I received one end of my new cables on Tuesday. Being nine miles long the other end of the cables was still leaving the depot at this point on a specially-devised trolley. As I'd had a couple of days off I'd taken the time to re-position my stereo in the living room and the speakers approximately 7 miles away in a field whose situation makes maximum advantage of the evening sun. The remaining 2 miles allowed me to negotiate the sofa, a small copse and a footbridge over the A303.

The sound quality was excellent but spoiled somewhat by a playful brook - not the cables' fault. Once I receive my satellite remote control (£67,000) I'll be able to listen to my favourite tunes anywhere within a nine mile radius of my house without the trouble of untangling awkward headphones or draining my phone battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to sell my house and car to buy these but it was worth it, 18 Jun. 2013
TheMungKey "TheMungKey" (Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
There are probably folks out there who think you'd have to be seriously unbalanced to spend this much on a speaker cable, but they are wrong. I may now live in a tent in my parents' back garden but my hi-fi is the envy of the whole town. You may read the product description and say to yourself "surely that's a load of meaningless, unscientific marketing twaddle designed to gull those with more money than sense into spending an eye-watering sum on what must be worth a few pounds, at best?" Rubbish. Dark Side of the Moon has never sounded so good. Run - don't walk - and get your credit card and buy these right now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as you might think, 18 Jun. 2013
What if I could find a mind-bogglingly expensive alternative to the .75mm twin core lighting flex I had been using as speaker cables for the last 20 years?

Well, I bit the bullet and shelled out nearly 100 grand on a pair of these cables. I anticipated the improvement in my life that would result from the fabled "MULTI-LAYER CARBON-BASED NOISE-DISSIPATION and CROSSTALK-DISSIPATION SYSTEM". I have to admit, I was rather excited.

The great day arrived and a plain brown parcel arrived at my house under armed guard. I removed the 20 year old house wiring cable from my stereo, unwrapped the many layers of PVC insulation tape that held the wires onto the missing screw terminals for so long, installed the 'AudioQuest WEL Signature 9m Terminated Pair (Terminated 2-2) Speaker Cable', plugged in my cheap Chinese MP3 player and spent the day listening to all sorts of music, ranging from 'Slayer' to 'Cardiacs' at epic volume levels.

To be honest, I was far from impressed. There was no noticeable increase in sound quality or fidelity. The 'spread spectrum technology' didn't seem to change anything about the 'sound signature of the conductive cores'. In fact, I'm not entirely sure the impressive sounding scientific claims made about these cables are anything more than marketing drivel intended to fool idiots into parting with their hard earned money.

At least my money wasn't 'hard earned' I suppose.

I ended up replacing my speaker cables with some 2 core bell wire I found in a skip and I now use the Audioquest cables as an expensive but elaborate suspension system for my wife's hanging baskets.

I am still interested in frivolously wasting money though, so I am on the lookout for an Emperor who has an expensive new suit he would like to sell me at a hugely inflated price. Especially if the Emperor's subjects have been complimenting him about how beautiful it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, 20 Jun. 2013
Important lesson for all budding hi fi entreprenuers and business study grads - make sure your product comes in under the psycologically important £100k price point.

3.0 out of 5 stars You'd be a fool not to, 25 Mar. 2015
They are well made with lots of wire in them. Each cable run has two ends, which is handy. The ends are also very useful for connecting the speakers to other things like the Large Hadron Collider. The spade ends can also be used for eating winkles and whelks, though not so good for crab claws.

5.0 out of 5 stars Music in 3D, 18 Jun. 2013
I needed 18 metres of cable so I had to get 2. I plugged them into my Casio tape recorder and can still not believe what happened. The music actually came out in 3D. Not only could I hear it, but also see it and smell it. Who knew that the smell of a X-Factor finalist is vanilla...I certainly didn't. Later on I had some friends around, well one friend....well my Dad....and we were listening to some Christmas carols and it was such an emersive experience that I accidental ended up spending money on rubbish gifts for people I didn't know. Wow....well worth it. They also make a cool lasso. Can't wait for gold ones to come out.

3.0 out of 5 stars Packaging was a let down, 18 Jun. 2013
The box is ugly, which wasn't a good start.

The cables themselves bring a sense of clarity and focus to a musical presentation as a whole. During first use the acoustic guitar track was both precise and sparkling with a metallic definition that contrasted well with the ethereal backing vocal. The latter vocal and guitar were delivered most character-fully, teasing apart the often complex instrumental arrangement.

Slightly annoyingly, there are no "-" or "+" markings on the sheaths, so a little care is required to ensure that the wires are connected to the correct terminals of the speaker or amp at each end (or that banana plugs are correctly coordinated).

Not bad.

3.0 out of 5 stars First we take Manhattan..., 18 Jun. 2013
I said to Hank Williams: how lonely does it get? Hank Williams hasn't answered yet, but I hear him coughing all night long. A hundred floors above me, in the Tower of Song.