5.0 out of 5 stars Very good system
It has performed as a wanted, I am partially deaf
and I can have conversations without having to
increase the volume.
Published 12 months ago by anthony good

3.0 out of 5 stars Let down by the display.
There is a lot to recommend this phone and I bought it particularly to get the large buttons and larger than usual handset. From this point of view it does not disappoint. There are also a great number of settings so that you can configure it how you want.

BUT

The great let down is the display, it is clear enough but it does not display enough. The...
Published 10 months ago by Bob

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good system, 19 Oct 2013
It has performed as a wanted, I am partially deaf
and I can have conversations without having to
increase the volume.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent BT telephone, 10 Sep 2013
This review is from: BT 4500 Cordless Big Button Phone with Answer Machine and Nuisance Call Blocker (Electronics)
I have always used BT phones, but the cells showing the persons name and telephone
number on my answerphone were dying of old age, which was an excuse for a new one.
I read all the literature on the BT phones, and thought that the BT 4500
was the one. I love the size of it, the buttons are big, and is really nice to handle and very easy to programme.
I give it 10/10.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are looking for brilliant phones, these are the ones for you., 24 Aug 2013
If you are looking for brilliant phones, these are the ones for you!!. Large numbers & crisp sound and extremely easy to set up. They are very good value for the money. I did my homework and these were the best I could find and my wife & I are really happy with them. Thanks B.T. you have done us proud.

Amazon did their bit & they arrived the very next day.... I am a very happy little bunny!!. Many thanks to all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stopped sales calls completely, 30 Mar 2014
I got this set for my grandparents who were plagued by sales calls daily. My grandmother suffers from dementia, whilst my grandfather is blind, so I was very cautious about forcing change on them. However after some initial learning problems, two weeks later my grandparents report the sales calls have stopped, and they are delighted with the phones.

My complaint about these phones is although they've been designed for old people, they are still far too complicated and can do far too much. In the end I had to configure the phone simply to block all payphone, foreign and withheld numbers, and that after nine rings pass them through to the a recorded message that tells them to go away. When blocking a call the display flashes up that it is blocking a call, but does not enable the backlight and it does not ring.

My grandmother was frankly terrified at the idea of the answerphone - the base unit just has too many buttons without any intelligible order. The phone book is also quite complicated to operate, and the way numbers scrolled was disconcerting for my grandmother. Fortunately the phone has a nine number speed dial facility too - press and hold 1 to 9, and it'll dial a number without any further button presses.

To assist the crossover to the new phones, I left the existing phones plugged in and just turned off their ringers, however so far my grandparents haven't yet had to use them as they've managed with the new phones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple to set up and does what it says, 25 July 2014
John A. Stedman (Rye UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
My elderly mother was having real problems with nuisance callers - and with rapidly decreasing mobility it was sad to see her fight her way to the (tethered) phone and, if she made it in time, to be greeted by either a dead phone or someone offering her recompense for PPI that she had never bought. The crunch came when I answered the phone on a visit and was greeted by someone that told me that my computer at this address had developed a security fault and he would fix it for me - after I explained that the number was owned was a 90 years old who wouldn't recognised a computer if it hit her over the head, he became obscenely abusive.It appears that registering with the Telephone Preference Service has little effect on these calls as they are made from outside of the UK.

BT advice was to buy the 4500. They could have sold it direct to me (but the price was higher than Amazon!). I took their advice and bought a two phone system, placing the main phone where the corded had been and the other by my mother's favourite seat in the back of the house (so she wouldn't have to walk).

Set up was as simple as it could be - a walk through menu - and I took the option of blocking all overseas numbers and numbers with-held. Easy. If you want a really secure setup, then key in the family numbers that you have as favourites and then accept calls from only those numbers. When someone rings from a blocked number the call will be answered by the answering machine automatically and the phone won't even ring - my mother can then call back anyone who cares to leave a message if she wishes, or just ignore them. Does the job and does it well it seems.

One important thing to remember with these - and all other cordless phones - is that they don't work if the mains power is cut off for any reason. Make sure that you have at least one other corded phone that doesn't require external power (i.e., is connected just by the phone plug) connected for use in such an emergency.

5.0 out of 5 stars My parents love these phones, 26 Nov 2013
My parents love these phones. Big buttons and hands free. They love putting it on hands free so they can listen and chat together when we call them. It is idea for them they are in their 80's

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 18 Aug 2013
I previously tried the 6500 with but it did not work in my environment but I so liked the features of it I thought I would give this a try and this has even better features, you have an amplify button on the side a big record button and because it is that much bigger most of the buttons like phone book have text instead of symbols it is more stylish I think than the 6500

5.0 out of 5 stars Peace at last!, 23 Sep 2013
Mrs. D. Squires "DS" (West Sussex UK) - See all my reviews
This is really effective at cutting out those nuisance calls that seems to interrupt every mealtime. We have all unavailable, number withheld and international calls go straight through to answer machine. If a genuine caller they can leave a message but we haven't had one left yet!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars BT Cordless 4500 phone, 13 Oct 2013
The B T 4500 Cordless Big Button Phone with Answer Machine and Nuisance Call is rated 5 stars because it is all that we expected it to be and we are more than pleased with it. I would highly recommend this phone to anyone, it is hearing aid compatible and the amplifier is excellent.

4.0 out of 5 stars Replaced our Phillips Phone/Fax, 28 Dec 2013
Once you have fought your way through the instructions and restored blissful silence to this initially very bleepy phone, it is very good. We can now hear clearly calls and messages that on the old phone were incomprehensible. With dodgy hearing, this is what you need! And there is plenty of recording time on the answer-phone. Not 5 stars, only 4, because I wish I didn't have to wait for the phone's voice to tell me how many messages I have, at what time, etc, before getting on with listening to them! A simple navigable display like we had before would have been better. And I wish there was, like the Phillips had, a timer for 'Do Not Disturb' instead of having to remember to set and un-set this twice a day. And you have to press the buttons firmly - it's not a light touch. But overall pleased with the product; our nuisance calls do seem to have diminished - only one or two rogue callers get round the blocking system.