Size: twin|Change

on 11 November 2014
Just BUY this phone right now!

So I've been getting many nuisance calls for many years, but it seems the last few months it's been getting slowly worse!

3-5 times a day i would pick the phone up only to have the phone hang up , so you try to 1471 to see whose just hung up on you but of course there is "NO CALLER ID"

It seems theres companies that think its ok to set up AUTO-CALL BOTS !
from what i have read about it , its used by big telesales companies to call the household and find out if some ones home before the sales team call you and try to extract more personal information from you !

Then there would be 3-5 PPI sales calls from foreign call centers, who of course use NO CALLER ID , so you cant hold them accountable!

[Now you WILL NEED to set up caller display from your line rental service]

So the phones arrived in less then 1 day, "amazing fast shipping as always from Amazon",

I got 2 phones plugged straight in and on charge the phones are very nice to look at with BIG BUTTONS and a very simple menu system using the UP Down arrows i navigated my way to BLOCK , here you will find all the BLOCK type features like BLOCK by number or BLOCK by call type, so i enter call type and BLOCK ... Withheld Numbers , No Caller ID Numbers, you also get the option to BLOCK international calls or Pay-Phones and by number once the caller display is in place by your provider.

Now all i can say is after 5 months of testing this phone is the best thing i ever did!

I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ONE TELESALES CALL OR HAD THE PHONE PUT DOWN ON ME ONCE !

So please people if you got elderly people you know or family people that suffer with anxiety from non stop problem calls treat em to a new phone and make em smile :)

Don't even delay buy today!!
on 7 September 2013
I purchased this for my elderly parents. It has large buttons and a large clear display. The base station rings as well as the phone making it easier for them to hear if the handset is in a different room. There is also a "find handset" button on the base station in case they have mislaid the handset in another room. I wanted the call blocker function as they are constantly bothered by unsolicited sales calls and this function seems to work well.
0Comment|149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 September 2013
PROS:
Easy to set up.
Nice large buttons with positive feel.
Display easy to read.
Reception seems pretty good in most places around the house and even 200 feet away in the garden.
Ringer, speech and hands free volume good.
Volume boost, ("Amplify") function for quiet callers very useful.
CONS:
Sometimes the phone fails to respond to the first button push, so I presume there is a very slight delay while a connection is established between phone and base station. Once I became aware of this, it was not a problem, merely a quirk, really!
Although the volume boost, ("Amplify") button is very useful, it's very easy to press it by mistake and instantly contravene any health and safety guidlines relating to safe volume levels! Obviously the design intention was for the button to be easily accessible during a conversation without having to move the phone away from your head. However, once again, it's a quirk and I've got used to it.
Summary:
After two months fairly heavy domestic use - very pleased.
I have not tried the nuisance call blocker yet.
UPDATE: Still happy after a couple more months of heavy domestic use. To answer another prospective buyer's question - the ringer can be turned off.
on 19 August 2013
I bought these phones for my mother who is in her eighties, she has found them very easy to use with the added bonus of the call blocker
on 12 December 2013
I brought these for my mother in law, who has an hearing aid and really struggles to hear on some days.

She also has problems with her eyesight, so really needed a good allrounder.

This has not disappointed, the numbers are very clear and she can see them without her glasses. The handsets are also not small, they are a good size. The controls/menus take a little getting used to, but once mastered simple to use. My mother in law struggles to take in new information (78) and so she needed something that would be clear, simple and self explaintary. This is exactly that. I had to set them up with the phone book, but now she just has to press the right hand button and scroll down the menu to find who she wants to ring. The phone back lights up so she can see (with her glasses) who she is ringing.

She does still have problems seeing who is ringing, although it does display the name/number, if she does not have her glasses handy, it can still be a problem. Not a fault of the phone though.

The ring (we have it on the loudest) is very clear and loud. I think there are 5 ring tones to choose from.

You can see who has rung and if you want to, by pressing the left hand button, you can block that number from ringing again. Very handy for nuisance callers.

The sound quality is great and she can hear clearly, even without her aid in. She also purchased a BT Decor 2200 Corded Telephone and this is much clearer to hear with.

It operates very similarily to her other BT phone, which simplifies everything. Only need to understand one application of BT and every handset operates the same. Great idea
on 20 December 2013
Bought this for my 82 year old mum who was sick to death of international call centre calls. This has stopped them all. I was anxious that she wouldn't cope with a cordless phone but I have set it all up for her and shown her how to use all the functions she needs and she loves it!! She can also use the amplify button to increase the volume of incoming calls, something else that was a problem before. I am really pleased with this purchase.
on 17 February 2014
I was a bit surprised at the large size of this item when I first saw it but after using it I find it a great improvement on other cordless phones that seem to be designed for show and which slip also out of your hands very easily. This model has very good gripping surfaces on each side. There are only two items that I don't like - it has an 'Amplify' pad on the side - it is almost impossible to avoid depressing this button when picking up the phone and seems to do little or nothing. The second item that bothers is that it is not really hands free as its design does not allow it to stand upright on its own away from the docking station. Still, a 4 star product
on 22 October 2013
Bought this phone for an elderly relative. She has found it easy to operate & understand. The ring is nice & loud & the caller can be heard well over the speaker.
on 25 November 2013
I bought this for my 96 yr old mother whose failing eyesight and hearing made it difficult for her with the phone she had. This model has large contrasting coloured buttons and a loud volume and ringtone. It also boasts many features, most of which my mother won't need. The hearing aid friendly shaped earpiece means that hopefully my mother won't be taking her 'aids' out everytime the phone rings, as she used to, say her aids whistled with them in.
on 18 February 2015
Bought these as a replacement for our existing cordless phones which were becoming faulty due to age. Looked at quite a lot before choosing these after reading the spec and reviews, so the verdict so far--big clear buttons, can use them without my glasses, big clear screen--easy to see who is calling,---loud ring , which can be adjusted for volume which is fine for wife (she"s getting a bit hard of hearing ) but she is happy with these. After reading the instruction book I thought it looked complicated to set them up but found it was quite easy to follow as it has a similar menu layout to our T.V. so no problems there. The other thing which I like is the call blocker, so no more calls for surveys or PPI claims, and no more withheld numbers from call centers outside the UK. Prompt delivery, they said 14th but they arrived on the 11th so quite quick, and well packed as well. Happy with them so far, so hope there are no problems.