5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied
Published 7 months ago by Bruce

3.0 out of 5 stars Good(ish) overall but some features found wanting
Like other reviewers I like the big bold buttons and the menus are reasonably easy to use. I wish the phone book name entries could be longer though. It's a bore having to abbreviate names.

Published 3 months ago by A. Clews

5.0 out of 5 stars Very satisfied, 7 Sep 2013
I purchased this for my elderly parents. It has large buttons and a large clear display. The base station rings as well as the phone making it easier for them to hear if the handset is in a different room. There is also a "find handset" button on the base station in case they have mislaid the handset in another room. I wanted the call blocker function as they are constantly bothered by unsolicited sales calls and this function seems to work well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy set up, 12 Dec 2013
T. Jackson "TJ" (West Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: BT 4000 Cordless Big Button Phone with Nuisance Call Blocker (Pack of 2) (Electronics)
I brought these for my mother in law, who has an hearing aid and really struggles to hear on some days.

She also has problems with her eyesight, so really needed a good allrounder.

This has not disappointed, the numbers are very clear and she can see them without her glasses. The handsets are also not small, they are a good size. The controls/menus take a little getting used to, but once mastered simple to use. My mother in law struggles to take in new information (78) and so she needed something that would be clear, simple and self explaintary. This is exactly that. I had to set them up with the phone book, but now she just has to press the right hand button and scroll down the menu to find who she wants to ring. The phone back lights up so she can see (with her glasses) who she is ringing.

She does still have problems seeing who is ringing, although it does display the name/number, if she does not have her glasses handy, it can still be a problem. Not a fault of the phone though.

The ring (we have it on the loudest) is very clear and loud. I think there are 5 ring tones to choose from.

You can see who has rung and if you want to, by pressing the left hand button, you can block that number from ringing again. Very handy for nuisance callers.

The sound quality is great and she can hear clearly, even without her aid in. She also purchased a BT Decor 2200 Corded Telephone and this is much clearer to hear with.

It operates very similarily to her other BT phone, which simplifies everything. Only need to understand one application of BT and every handset operates the same. Great idea

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the 'hard of hearing', 25 Nov 2013
D. Montgomery "slamdunk" (exeter) - See all my reviews
I bought this for my 96 yr old mother whose failing eyesight and hearing made it difficult for her with the phone she had. This model has large contrasting coloured buttons and a loud volume and ringtone. It also boasts many features, most of which my mother won't need. The hearing aid friendly shaped earpiece means that hopefully my mother won't be taking her 'aids' out everytime the phone rings, as she used to, say her aids whistled with them in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for my elderly mum, 20 Dec 2013
Bought this for my 82 year old mum who was sick to death of international call centre calls. This has stopped them all. I was anxious that she wouldn't cope with a cordless phone but I have set it all up for her and shown her how to use all the functions she needs and she loves it!! She can also use the amplify button to increase the volume of incoming calls, something else that was a problem before. I am really pleased with this purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars very easy to use, 19 Aug 2013
I bought these phones for my mother who is in her eighties, she has found them very easy to use with the added bonus of the call blocker

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use - works well., 8 Sep 2013
PROS:
Easy to set up.
Nice large buttons with positive feel.
Display easy to read.
Reception seems pretty good in most places around the house and even 200 feet away in the garden.
Ringer, speech and hands free volume good.
Volume boost, ("Amplify") function for quiet callers very useful.
CONS:
Sometimes the phone fails to respond to the first button push, so I presume there is a very slight delay while a connection is established between phone and base station. Once I became aware of this, it was not a problem, merely a quirk, really!
Although the volume boost, ("Amplify") button is very useful, it's very easy to press it by mistake and instantly contravene any health and safety guidlines relating to safe volume levels! Obviously the design intention was for the button to be easily accessible during a conversation without having to move the phone away from your head. However, once again, it's a quirk and I've got used to it.
Summary:
After two months fairly heavy domestic use - very pleased.
I have not tried the nuisance call blocker yet.
UPDATE: Still happy after a couple more months of heavy domestic use. To answer another prospective buyer's question - the ringer can be turned off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Button, simple to operate phone, 22 Oct 2013
Mrs. A. Lane "Peter" (East Riding of Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Bought this phone for an elderly relative. She has found it easy to operate & understand. The ring is nice & loud & the caller can be heard well over the speaker.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good(ish) overall but some features found wanting, 12 Jan 2014
A. Clews - See all my reviews

I like to use the hands-free feature, and although speech sounds reasonable, when there's anything else such as a ringing tone or music playing (such as the usual ghastly muzak when your call is put on hold) the sound is *terrible* - distorted and broken-up (the aural equivalent of pixellation I suppose). Even in normal hand-held use the sound quality isn't all that good.

My old Binatone phone had a little light which flashed on the base station when there had been unanswered calls, and I miss this useful feature on this new phone (you have to check the phone to find out if there have been calls).

I wish this phone had AA batteries; the AAA size drain down after a few days if the phone is left lying on the table (it's not my habit to leave the phone on the charging cradle except when it needs charging). I bought some higher-capacity batteries but even they don't last all that long. The low-battery warning bleeper is a bit loud and has woken me up at night on several occasions, but I can't really blame the phone for that :-)

The amplify feature can be useful but often it's just too loud and can take your eardrums by surprise, and the button position is such that it's easily switched on by mistake when you pick up the phone.

Overall, not a bad phone but for the price I would have expected something better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phone meets all requirements, 10 Feb 2014
I like the size and feel of it and is easy to set up and use. I thoroughly recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars bt 4000 big button phone, 15 Aug 2013
this product is fantastic the buttons are big and easy to see no more silver buttons on a silver background easy to install and set up i have not had any more nusence calls and it's great if you have a hearing aid because the ear piece is dished to allow easy and close listening with out the need to remove your hearing aid well done bt i would recommend this product very very good

ARRAY(0xb443a0a8)