on 19 February 2006
I loved the early books from this Father/Daughter combination; Ripper, Headhunter and Ghoul were all excellent - but the latest books, and this one in particular have lost their 'feel'. Sadly I can't recommend this book. Read John Connoly instead - his 'Charlie Parker' books are much, much better!
on 17 October 2006
This is perhaps Slade's most history-packed novel yet: almost half of it takes place during Hitler's final days and describes not only his downfall but also hints at the Third Reich's terrible secret - and does so in the best Oliver Stone/conspiracy-theory-heavy way. The past mixes with the present as the brave guys from Special X are trying to get hold of a human monster born in the hell of the Third Reich. What's important - both the past and the present sections of the book are equally involving, gripping and bloody shocking. And the ending will have you by the throat.
on 28 August 2013
I really enjoyed this one, I hadn't read it for a longtime so downloaded to my Kindle to read. I have enjoyed all of Michael Slade's books and they way to go through History to the present day in Canada. Enjoyed this book all over again!