5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful & Effective
I have seen a lot of mixed opinions on the Sonicare AirFloss so was not really sure whether it was worth the money. After using it for 3 weeks or so, I would definitely say that it is.

Published 10 months ago by Carl Spencer

3.0 out of 5 stars 100 Power Flosser that doesnt replace flossing?
As others have stated there is NO UK adaptor.
There is only ONE head.
My dentist is neither positive or negative about any Water Flosser but did say he could see an improvement since I had last been to see him and that was just 3 weeks previously.
Published 10 months ago by ronin4

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerful & Effective, 28 Aug 2013
Carl Spencer "Carl" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Philips Sonicare AirFloss HX8211/02 Rechargeable Power Flosser (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I'm not a huge fan of flossing - I've started doing it quite a few times but always get lazy and stop doing it after a couple of days. It's just so time consuming and niggly, with the annoying thin pieces of string. The Sonicare solves this problem. You just slot the nozzle between the teeth and press the button, spraying a burst of water or mouthwash (I opt for mouthwash) to clear any plaque.

You are warned that there may be bleeding to begin with and this is spot on the money - if you're not a regular flosser with fluffy pink gums you're almost guaranteed a bit of blood. Still, I choose to believe that it simply shows the Airfloss is working and over time the bleeding reduces dramatically.

The most important thing is obviously the results and I have noticed an improvement between the teeth and along the gums. You can also tell that it is working because the liquid blasts start passing between the teeth on the first or second blasts, as opposed to coming up against a plaque/food blockage.

If, like me, you're not fond of flossing the old fashioned way or if you just want a cooler high-tech way to do it, I would highly recommend the Philips Airfloss.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and easy to use, 6 Sep 2013
purpleheart (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I am thrilled with this product which I've now been using for six weeks or so on a daily basis. It means that I can floss more quickly than before and it leaves a great fresh feeling as I use mouthwash in the reservoir. Oral hygiene is very important for me as I am in the process of wearing invisalign braces to correct an overcrowded mouth. Invisalign braces stop the natural cleansing effect of saliva as your teeth are completely enclosed so I have to be absolutely fastidious about brushing and flossing my teeth. This is hard to do as my teeth are so close together in the first place. On the advice of my dentist I have been using TePe Interdental Brush Red 0.5mm Pack of 6 and also have Panasonic EW 1211 Dental Care Cordless Rechargeable Oral Irrigator and Waterpik WP250 Nano Water Flosser. Unfortunately, I don't have enough room in my current bathroom for the Waterpik and found the Panasonic bulky too.

The Sonicare Airfloss also has some bulk, but is is light and very quick and easy to use and it can share the same charge as your Sonicare toothbrush. Once charged (24 hours for first charge) I filled the reservoir with mouthwash and once I learned to keep my lips closed over the nozzle I found I could clean my teeth very quickly and without mess. It has an autofire mode which means that you can whizz along your gum line whilst it fires at regular intervals. Since I have to brush and floss after every time I eat something and before I put my braces back in, the speed and ease of use with this gadget is great. I still use the interdental brushes at the end of the day but can use this to quickly get my teeth clean. I like it very much and have been recommending it to all my friends since once you get to a certain age we all seem to suffer with food stuck in between our teeth. The combination of my new Sonicare toothbrush, Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitiser HX9172/10 and this air flosser has meant that my oral health is now the best it has every been according to my last session with the dentist and hygienist.

Pros
+ Design is good - it's a bit bulky but is light and easy to use
+ Charge holds for 2 weeks
+ Can get other nozzle heads for family members
+ Very quick to use and can be used air only or with liquid (water or mouth wash)
+ Autofire feature means that you can move along your gum line at speed
+ Excellent as part of your oral health kit since it's so quick and easy you'll actually do it

Cons
- need to buy a plug if you don't have shaver connection in your bathroom
- others have mentioned that reservoir hold only enough for one or two uses. Since it takes seconds to fill I don't find that a problem

5.0 out of 5 stars I got this 6 months ago and wanted to wait until I could really test it to leave a review - it really works, 16 May 2014
I'm pretty bad at flossing - I more often than not don't.
So I used to go to me dentist and my gums used to bleed when he was cleaning them - and he used to comment that this could lead to gum disease and nag me to floss. Then one visit he recommended this airfloss.

I've been using it for the last 6 months - twice a day, two blasts between every tooth.

It's ridiculously easy to use and really so much less hassle than manually flossing - it's quite easy to build into your routine.

So I went for a regular checkup a few days ago to get the scientific test from the dentist :)

And I can say it really works - not only was my dentist delighted that my gums didn't bleed when he cleaned them, but the whole visit was much quicker and more comfortable.

It used to be a pretty uncomfortable 30 minutes of the nerves in my teeth being sensitive and me tensing up as he hit sensitive spots.

Not longer - 15 minute visit, quick clean. A tiny little bit of sensitivity here and there but really nothing.

So I really can recommend this to you - it does really work and it's really easy to use. If you are like me it will make your visits to the dentist a lot more pleasant :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Impossible to replicate how good this is, 22 Aug 2013
Jason Gaston "Jay & Jenny" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a genius product. I have a bridge fitted across my front teeth and subsequently can not floss, the only way to get inbetween my front teeth is with an interdental tooth brush which is a like a mini pipe cleaner on a handle so this is very handy indeed.

First thing to note is it requires charging (recomended 24hrs) oh and it needs a shaving plug adapter which is not supplied unless your luck enough to have a 2 pin socket in your bathroom. Once charged the premise is really quite simple, fill the resevoir up with water or mouthwash, prime by pressing the button a few times then place the tip of the nozzle directly on the gap in your teeth right at the top and press the button........ BOOM you get a mirror full of piece of food from god only knows when which at first glance is a bit gross...but then you think if you hadn't these little crumbs of decaying food would have sat in between your teeth, Food decaying in your mouth??? Eeuuurrghhh. It does spray a little so be prepared to wipe the mirror and wash your face when you have finished. I'll be honest my gums did bleed the first few times i used it but I imagine thats only normal considering your blowing away bits of food that have been lodged between your teeth for who knows how long. The first time you use this it probably will gross you out a little but if anything that just spurred me on to use it again and again because it just makes your understand what is going on in your mouth and the limitations of brushing alone. If you already floss then you will know this but as someone who couldn't floss the revalation was a startling one.

People have commented how this product hurt them and I cant argue with what other people feel, all I can say is it didn't hurt me, its a strange sensation dont get me wrong and its a little shocking when it sprays your face and your mirror with bits of chicken but as I said that just motivated me to want to use it again the next day.

Cant recommend this product enough for anyone who is concerned about there oral hygiene.
10 out of 10
PS I only used water in mine at first but mouthwash really does set you up for the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 18 Dec 2013
This is really good, wish I had found it a long time ago, my gums are bleeding less now, it seems to be working

3.0 out of 5 stars 100 Power Flosser that doesnt replace flossing?, 8 Sep 2013
As others have stated there is NO UK adaptor.
There is only ONE head.
There is a tiny amount of leakage when being used, but not so bad you would call it faulty or a reason not to use.
KEEP YOUR MOUTH CLOSED WHEN USING IT! lol.
My routine is as follows...
First I still use a Plastic Flosser to slide in between each tooth. As it says itself in the instructions this is not a replacement to flossing.
Second I fill the Philips Flosser with mouthwash, about half of the mouthwash cap will fill the Flosser.
Then I find a quick once between the front of each tooth for my whole mouth, all 26 of my pearly whites :), uses up all of the mouth wash, I then have a mouth full of mouthwash which I rinse a spit out.
I refill and try to use the Flosser inbetween my teeth from the inside (back) of my teeth, This is easy on the top teeth but quite hard to do on the bottom teeth as the angle makes the "squirt" function of the Flosser less likely to work, ie if you are holding it upside down it doesnt seem to squirt out any fluid.
I have found mess to be so minimal that a mouthwash, a paper kitchen towel (for wiping the Flosser during use) and an empty plastic bottle (for spitting into) is all thats needed to sit in front of the TV and Floss!
All in it takes 5 minutes at most.
Some people mentioned the pain of the burst, but I have found it to be more like an instant jab feeling that stops as quickly as it starts and that maneuvering your tongue to the right place will avoid it all together. The pain is really not that bad, wouldnt even call it "pain" to be honest. The positioning of your tongue is a bit like when you first start using an electirc toothbrush and you need to "learn" how to position your tongue, it takes a couple of tries before it becomes a natural instinct.

I didnt actually pay 100, I paid 70, but it had been on offer at 100 for a longtime. There is no doubt in my mind this product, no matter how good, can never be worth either price. I think 40 would be an expensive but "worth it" price. I cant say for certain that Philips would even make a profit at 40 but I cant see how its worth more than that, from build etc.

I have been using this now for just short of a month, I can see improvements in my lower front teeth especially, as the burst is powerful enough to remove what the dentist, when "scaling", would normally remove. My own dentist was rather non-plussed about water flossers more due to cost and the fact that they arent a direct replacement to flossing.
All in all I am happy with product, but doubt I will pay 70 for a new one if and when a new one is needed.
At the moment Im also a bit suspicious about the need to replace the head at all and again the price for these is nothing short of ridiculous.

1.0 out of 5 stars A great item - for 48 hours., 3 Mar 2014
I bought one of these from a high street chemist initially. Stop working after a couple if days. The shop assistant told me they had them returned all the time, but given how much I'd liked it for the first couple of days, I decided I'd just been unfortunate and ordered another from Amazon. This one lasted 4 days before it started to switch off within seconds of switching on. Have given up on it as a bad job, and it's sitting packaged waiting for the courier to collect. Glad I held onto the packaging this time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Teeth are cleaner, 9 Dec 2013
I recently upgraded my dental regime and bought the Philips sonicare diamond clean toothbrush and this product. I have used the airflosser with both my old electric toothbrush and with the new one and despite both of them being good at cleaning your teeth the air flosser gets rid of the little bits your toothbrush doesn't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 1 Aug 2013
K. Wright - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I was keen to try out an AirFloss after it was recommended it to me by my dentist as I find it difficult to floss between my back teeth, even struggling to get right to the back of my mouth with the TePe Interdental Brush Pink 0.4mm Pack of 6. The Philips Sonicare comes with a quick start guide which was very easy to follow to get the AirFloss up and running. First charge the AirFloss for 24 hours, then attach the nozzle to the handle and fill the reservoir with water or mouthwash. Finally switch on the device and press the activation button when the tip is between the teeth at the gum line and repeat between each two teeth. It is so simple and quick to use and is not messy at all (as long as you close your mouth!), a much better alternative to dental floss. Afterwards my mouth feels really clean and fresh and I like that you can use water or mouthwash in it. Another positive is that it uses the same charger as my Sonicare Toothbrush which saves space in the bathroom. I would highly recommend this AirFloss to anyone who is considering buying one, it really is worth it and is it much easier to use than other methods of flossing meaning that it is an easy routine to keep up!

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working after single use, 31 Aug 2013
Water seeped in to main body as described by another reviewer. Immediately stopped working. A definite design fault having the tank situated so that this kind of backflow can occur.