5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Stunningly Good Read!
Published 13 months ago by T. Banting

2.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous twist
I think it's very hard to advertise suspense novels in a way that doesn't raise expectations. When you know there is a twist coming, I find that it can heighten the suspense, but you also need to make sure that the suspense pays off. In this case, I really don't think that it did.

Published 1 month ago by Jay

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Stunningly Good Read!, 15 July 2013
This review is from: Until You're Mine (Kindle Edition)
It has been a while since I reviewed anything, despite doing a lot of reading. However 'Until You're Mine' is such a fantastic read that I have to review it, simply to say that if you haven't read this, buy it today. I wouldn't start reading until you've a very easy day or so ahead though. I planned to spend yesterday getting organised for our summer holiday, but succeeded only in being utterly self indulgent and spending most of the day curled up with this novel.

It is very well written, with three strands which compliment each other brilliantly. It has a very satisfying conclusion and left me with no loose ends to irritate over the coming days. My only regret is that I should have saved this for the beach. If you are reading this review with a view to purchasing this book, then I cannot recommend it highly enough. I envy you the pleasure of anticipation of an excellent novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic read., 26 Jun 2013
ElaineG (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Until You're Mine (Kindle Edition)
This is an absolutely stunning read. It is a psychological thriller told from three different points of view, that of Claudia, her nanny Zoe and Lorraine, a detective. Claudia and Zoe's stories are told in the first person, and because each character has a very distinct, individual voice, it works from the very first chapters. It seems to add to the chilling feel of the book as right from the start you are completely immersed inside the minds of two of the main characters, living the story with them.

It is a book that simply drip feeds menace to the reader, with every single chapter seeming to seep out a little bit more so that by the end of the read you are completely wiped out. It is impossible to talk about the storyline itself without giving anything away, suffice to say that it is one where, as a woman, I could empathise, in different ways, with all three of the main characters.

It is a very cleverly plotted book, one which will have you constantly trying to work things out in your head as you read on. The characters are very easy to connect and empathise with. When you have finished it, you will still be going over it in your mind the next day thinking "Could it have happened that way?" I found myself googling one particular thing just to check its feasibility and the answer was "yes".

It was a book that had me gripped from the prologue and left me open mouthed at the end. I think it is one of the best books I have read in a long while and can't recommend it highly enough.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ridiculous twist, 18 July 2014
This review is from: Until You're Mine (Paperback)

The story centres around a serial killer who murders pregnant women. One of the characters is a pregnant woman and the other main character is a (very, very suspicious) nanny. As the narrative moves along, I found myself interested at first, but I clocked fairly early what the twist would be. I also knew that the author would need to work hard to pull it off as it was fairly unbelievable. The author didn't pull it off, as it required a remarkable suspension of disbelief. I was not a fan and wouldn't recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars This should be made into a film...., 1 April 2014
This review is from: Until You're Mine (Paperback)
Amazing! Really suspenseful, keeps you on the edge and turning each page to see what happens next. Very well written, thoughtful and shows what sheer desperation can lead you to do...

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing read, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Until You're Mine (Kindle Edition)
Becomes a little confusing half way through but you have to carry on to find out how the story unfolds. Very intriguing read that at times can seem a little far fetched

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 20 July 2013
This review is from: Until You're Mine (Hardcover)
wow, saw this recommended in a sunday mag and although its not what I usually read I ordered it, read it in a day,was absolutely brilliant, all my friends now borrowing it and they all agree......super

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: Until You're Mine (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed this book. Kept me interested from the beginning, good story told, and very well written. Would recommend for anyone who enjoys psychological thrillers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept me completely hooked!, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Until You're Mine (Kindle Edition)
This is a fairly quick review of Until You’re Mine by Samantha Hayes because it’s such a gripping thriller full of surprises that I don’t want to give anything away!

The book is told from multiple perspectives- Claudia’s, Zoe’s and detective Lauren’s. It’s easy enough to read – the language is quite simple and not overly descriptive but gives the reader enough to make them feel really immersed in the story – and the characters are likeable. You do feel for Claudia, who will be pregnant and alone with her husband’s twin sons, apart from the new nanny Zoe who seems in many ways a little strange. You also feel for Lauren the detective as she has her own issues and family problems. Finally, you don’t quite know what to make of Zoe, the new nanny, who seems too good to be true- and this is the gripping part of the novel! You know something isn’t quite right, but what you think you know isn’t what you are going to find out…if you know what I mean (that didn’t make an awful lot of sense, but read it and you WILL know!)

There are some scenes in this novel which are a little gruseome (not a lot, just a little!) and some of the storyline is pretty messed up. Not awfully so, but enough to make you think, “wow…there are some desperate people out there!”

Plus, it doesn’t pretend to be anything that it’s not - it’s an entertaining thriller with a good twist!

Until You’re Mine kept me completely hooked.

** For more book reviews check my blog: http://snazzybooks.wordpress.com **

2.0 out of 5 stars Until You're Mine, 20 July 2014
Kat (Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Until You're Mine (Paperback)
When I read the synopsis of Until You're Mine, I was immediately curious. Although not a mother myself, it struck me that a story about a pregnant woman with creepy nanny could be one of those edge-of-my-seat kind of books because the stakes are so very high.

Until You're Mine is told through three perspectives - Claudia who is finally pregnant with her first child after years of trying and heartbreak, Zoe the nanny who seems too good to be true and Lorraine, the police office investigating a rash of deaths amongst pregnant women in the local area. Lorraine's perspective was a real surprise, for although she is the investigating officer, she is also having problems in her marriage to Adam, who is also a cop working the same cases as Lorraine.

Unfortunately, Lorraine's perspective, although interesting, actually distracted me from the storyline of Zoe and Claudia and I didn't really see why it was relevant to the story. It almost felt like it was thrown in as a filler to make the story longer (and at 400 pages it's not exactly a quick read) and it also made it difficult for me to connect with Lorraine because I just wasn't invested in her story.

As for the plot between Claudia and Zoe, that was certainly more what I was looking for - there was definitely an element of mystery and as the story progressed it became more and more captivating as more about Claudia and Zoe's pasts were revealed and the story climaxed in a way I wasn't really expecting. I didn't see the clues that led up to the ending, although looking back they were there but just cleverly concealed.

Until You're Mine is a good, if slightly predictable in places, thriller, with a lot of mystery and some very clever characterisation. However, I found the extra perspective irritating rather than adding any value and the ending was a little bit too quick, without the kind of resolution I really needed.

1.0 out of 5 stars boring twaddle, 6 Aug 2014
This review is from: Until You're Mine (Kindle Edition)
How I got to the end of this contrived rubbish I will never know...I managed to scan through the twists which are so ridiculous you would never actually guess them . However making them ridiculous does not mean an increase I tension or interest ... Avoid this unless you really want to give away a couple of hours you will never get back .