5.0 out of 5 stars Now that's what I call a Collector's Edition!
First of all, I've bought a lot of collectors editions in the past, and I have to say this is one of the best!

Published 12 months ago by Peter ORegan

2.0 out of 5 stars not as good as FFXI
a good game,but unlike final fantasy 11, it doesn't have the "thing" that made FFXI awesome year after year.

I got board after 3 months

FFXI had me hooked for 8 years
Published 5 months ago by Jay Skup

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Now that's what I call a Collector's Edition!, 27 Aug 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Final Fantasy XIV: Collector's Edition (PS3) (Video Game)

The box itself is HUGE. Beautiful illustrations on the front, looks very sleek and sophisticated. It also comes with a nice (mini) soundtrack CD, some really lovely art cards, 4 in game items, and a Blu-Ray disc which tells the story of the first game. It also comes with a security token (which are worth 8.99 on their own!) as a bonus to protect your account security. Well worth it in my opinion.

The game itself is outstanding as well. I tried XIV in it's first outing, and couldn't have been more bored. Really excited by how they have changed the game and recreated it into something really special. Yes there have been issues with early access and login limitations, errors have indeed abounded, but those will be sorted out. I don't think anyone realised quite how big this launch would be, especially as it's first iteration was an out-and-out flop.

Teething problems at the beginning are to be expected, but don't let that spoil what is a really fabulous game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great All Over, 6 Sep 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Final Fantasy XIV: Collector's Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
Alot of you may know that the first FFXIV was a failure. No arguments. Square-Enix will admit it. They set out to correct it with this game.

I class myself as a casual player now. I don't have the time anymore for 12 hour sessions on World of Warcraft, and having a Job and Family now time won't permit that! For years I've been looking for a MMO I can sit on the sofa and lay back and play, and so far I think this is it.

SE have done a wonderful job of redeveloping the game, moving on from being left in a open world with no direction. To giving you a open world with a nice introduction. Although as a long time MMO player this was mind numbingly slow at times, I understand that to a new player this is completely nessecary.

Once your past level 10, the game starts to let you make your own mind up how to play. The class system is a nice touch with no need for several alts, just change weapon.

As you level the game progressively opens, giving you the tools you need to go off and set your own charecter how you want. While with true Final Fantasy style opening up an engaging storyline that leaves you wanting more.

The only downsides I've suffered so far are:

- Slow introduction, but as covered I believe this is important.

- Cutscenes are not all voiced. I would have liked to see all the main storyline cutscenes voiced. Maybe this is something they are working on?

- The Casting of teh voices isn't always that great.

- As well known in the first week, the game experienced some log-on issues. These seem to be fixed now.

The Collectors Edition:

It's simply stunning. I've bought a few collectors edition of games, but this one stood out as one of the best. Packed in a large box, with a lovely art book. I'm not normally into the art books themselves, but it is great to see a well presented, and quality printed one!

It also includes a CD of game music, some art cards, and a SE security token. All nice touches, and all very well presented in itself.

I don't think for 90% of buyers the collectors edition is needed, but for those who like to own these editions. This is one of the best, and I'm sure you won't be dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars gets better and better, 12 April 2014
This review is from: Final Fantasy XIV: Collector's Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
had this from day one and love it costs 7 a month to play after the first month but I must play for about 70+ hours a month so that's 10p a hour. content is always being updated, and at no extra cost. unlike almost all other games.
7x12= 84 a year but I pay it .

5.0 out of 5 stars Designed for people with OCD... and I'm ok with that!, 5 Oct 2013
This review is from: Final Fantasy XIV: Collector's Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
If you're the type of person who can't turn down any mission or job (no matter how mundane) then this is going to dominate your life for a while. Logged in for the first time at 7pm last night to play a couple of hours - Initial impressions were 'it's a solid MMO but nothing special'....before crawling into bed at 4 in the morning...! The hooks of this game just creep up on you without realising and comes highly recommended.

Class systems are well realised (you can mix disciplines if you wish) and the learning curve appears to be geared to accommodating beginners before ramping things up several hours in, which I'm more than happy with. (Not all MMO's are this way believe me)

I registered onto the 'Pheonix' server and the players I met seem to be some of the nicest and most helpful I've met on an MMO. It's a nice feeling to have a passionate but fair community (accepting there will still be the odd twerp) and is another massive plus point for me.

I hope some of you get more sleep than I have :-)

P.S The collectors edition is gorgeous and the 45 asking price is a steal. In a time where special editions are selling for ridiculous prices (South Park 75 for a 6inch plastic statue and a cloth map! Looks great but still...!) this represents great value. The size and artwork of the box is fantastic and the hard copy art book is so beautifully made that you'll wonder why nobody else can manage it.

I know the price is lower because of the subscription fee, but you'll spend more hours playing this during the 30 days free trial than you would with most games anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great games, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Final Fantasy XIV: Collector's Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
Great games, good community, good storyline, and great gameplay by using job types.
Recommended for mmorpg fans that are dislike perfect status building.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice game, 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: Final Fantasy XIV: Collector's Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
I bought ps3 version then do free upgrade to ps4. It works perfectly.

Beware that the free upgrade is only until this year

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Final Fantasy XIV: Collector's Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
Very beautiful and addictive and enjoyable I advise getting a couple of time cards for this still play it so much to do in this game and new things get added every month or so new content really worth the cost

5.0 out of 5 stars box amazing, contents quite nicely arranged, 18 Feb 2014
Pedro "Mephis" (Porto) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Final Fantasy XIV: Collector's Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
I am pretty pleased with this purchase. I was feeling quite hesitant about this game. Never felt FF XI as a worthy game, in comparison with other MMO. Also the first release of this was really bad. However at a later stage and after re-patched the critics were very good...got surprised. After knowing that a PS4 version would exist, that PS3 version would get a free update and that Amazon was selling at an amazing and very friendly price the CE of PS3, I found myself wanting the game.

So I have it, I really enjoyed the edition. It is beautiful. Still waiting to play the game, but so far everything is according to my expectations.
Last but not least, Amazon service was excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: Final Fantasy XIV: Collector's Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
If you like the game mechanics and the game itself its totaly must have. The art book is well made as always.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: Final Fantasy XIV: Collector's Edition (PS3) (Video Game)
When this arrived I was surprised how much you get for your money! Not only do you get the game and in game items but a security token a book of game art ,cards with more art and an extra disc with the story on ( I think)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Final Fantasy XIV: Collector's Edition (PS3)
Final Fantasy XIV: Collector's Edition (PS3) by Square Enix (PlayStation 3)
23.95