5.0 out of 5 stars Great bundle!
Published 12 months ago by Jose

Okay - This is Day 1 - I'll update when finished however first impresssions:

Well Packaged - and everything seems operational at a hardware level.

Taking 2 stars off straight away though

Published 1 month ago by richard

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bundle!, 20 July 2013
Jose (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
Since the title does not say I was in doubt if this is a Rev 2 Pi. So I emailed the seller and got my answer a few minutes later and indeed this is a Rev 2 Raspberry Pi. The bundle is quite good value for money if you already have a keyboard and an HDMI monitor or TV. The box looks great (I chose the Ice one which is translucent) and the power supply comes with four different connectors (UK, US, EU Cont. and some other) All items are of good quality and the SD card comes with NOOBS which gives you the choice of several operating systems. Everything just worked and I got my Pi going in not time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, fast, simple - the business!, 5 Oct 2013
After many years of running a power hungry PC as a media centre (and with much success), I was finally given a TiVo to go with my cable broadband package for free. So I decided to try out the Pi as a low power replacement.

I ordered the kit and it arrived the next day. After a hiccup with the delivery, the day after it was all sorted out. I started installing the device at 1pm this afternoon and, 11 hours later, it's a fully working media centre. And ten of those 11 hours was the device scanning two and a bit terabytes of movies, music and TV series. It plays everything I throw at it. And it even works nice with the old MCE remote and the Logitech Dinovo Mini keyboard!

By contrast, it took four days to get the Windows box working, with all the TV nonsense and standby faff and getting it to play MKV files. And that was no faster, either!

If you want a cheap, fast and easy way to turn your TV into something smarter, you really can't go wrong with this. Seriously. Fifty notes. Absolute bargain.

3.0 out of 5 stars not as presented - but good when its up and running (requires a bit of work), 28 May 2014
This review is from: Raspberry Pi model B 512MB Starter bundle from New IT (RaspBerry) (Personal Computers)
Okay - This is Day 1 - I'll update when finished however first impresssions:

Well Packaged - and everything seems operational at a hardware level.

Taking 2 stars off straight away though

a) I ordered the pink kit (for my daughter) - and unlike the picture - the network cable was white - not a big deal for a big person - however for a 6 year old these things make a difference.
The casing is raspberry/pink in colour though at least.

b) The other issue the bootable noobs image was not that - I had to do the reformat and download the noobs image myself.
This is the main reason why I bought this version - plug and play - I have lots of years linux development experience - so not a big deal however I really don't want to be wasting my time downloading an working image. The whole point of the starter bundle for me was the basics should be up a running in minutes - not waiting more than an hour to download and flash an image.
For someone less familiar with linux I can see this taking them a lot longer - or thinking the card or something was faulty.

also reason b) kind of defeats the purpose of a starter bundle when you can buy a working sd cards directly from raspberry pi org for a couple of pounds

I'll update with more feedback - however these are my first impressions

Okay an update on 03/07/2014

The pii has now been running continuously for a month - (setup as a media centre via homeplugs to a networked drive) - am very happy with it - and thinking about a second one
So general comment would be raspberry pii is great - however the initial 2 stars I knocked off for the issues on the "bundle" would still be applicable

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great!, 29 May 2014
Good little device! The case fits well, once you've opened the box you'll have your PI running in no time! Providing you have a mouse and keyboard available!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Product!!! but not usable straight away, 19 May 2014
The SD Card was not formatted correctly and it took me ages to work out what was wrong with it. Had to Download a fresh copy of NOOBS and install it myself. After getting XBMC up and running it works like a dream! very easy to use and a great learning experience!

5.0 out of 5 stars raspberry pi, 5 Jun 2014
ive no idea what it does but my 14 year old son thought it was great. only extra we had to buy was a wifi dongle

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value. worth the money., 21 May 2014
Very happy so far with item. Very easy to setup. Using as xbmc player. Does the job very well. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect starter kit for Raspberry Pi, 6 Dec 2013
This bundle comes with almost everything that you need to start in the world of Raspberry Pi. Essentials not included are a keyboard/mouse combo and a monitor but these are clearly not included in the product description. What is included is well thought out - the patch lead for the network connection is of a good length and is pink which will make it easily identifiable if you have a few network cables in the same location!

The box to house the Pi in is suitable for both the Model A and Model B versions of the Pi and well made. To use with the Model B packaged with this product, you just need to push out the 'blanks' which cover the network port and additional USB port (not present on the Model A).

Finally, and perhaps the most welcome, is the SD card comes with the very latest version of NOOBS installed on it so you can use the Pi straight away and don't have to update this.

One other point - the package cam a day sooner than the estimated delivery date which was very welcome to somebody anxious to get cracking!

The next purchases you may like to consider will probably be things like a breakout board, breadboard, Pi camera module, powered USB hub etc. But rest assured, this package, plus a trusty keyboard, mouse and monitor, will get you up and running in no time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 14 Nov 2013
Good value for all the bits. Wish there was a tutorial with it. Had to look on the website for more support.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, just as described., 7 Sep 2013
The R-Pi had a slight boot problem at first but after cleaning the SD contacts it booted
with no trouble. A very impressive piece of kit for the price. Very impressed with New IT Ltd
for their response time to my query. I have since ordered more from this company.