5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL
Published 5 months ago by sweetthing

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working within a month!
Was initially impressed with this unit, it did the job required and let me pull in all the HD channels I'd been missing wityhout the booster, however it just stopped working one day.. I didn't bother to send it back though.. I went to local DIY store who had a slighter older spec of the same thing and bought another - it was actually cheaper even without the delivery...
Published 8 months ago by Wayne Morris

5.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL, 9 May 2014
sweetthing - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: SLx 27822HSG Twin Output Signal Booster for 4G Device (Electronics)
I am a 72 year old lady and I bought a 39 ins TV for my husband, who is severely disabled, to watch in our back lounge, he doesn't get out much and loves his laptop and the television. I set the TV up for him, which was straightforward. The problem was there were quite a few Freeview channels we could not get due to a poor signal because of the distance between the main Ariel socket and the new TV. I went on the web and asked questions and it said I needed a signal booster, so I went on good old Amazon, and found this unit. It came today, I looked at the picture on the box, did not read the instructions that were inside as they tend to confuse me a bit, did exactly what it showed, and straight away all the channels were there. Absolutely over the moon with it.

Just a few more things to add. I bought this unit myself, all on my own, by myself without any guidance from him indoors. He is now puffing his chest out and telling everyone he organised it. Our two sons both have large screen televisions in their bedrooms in their own homes which are not linked to Sky, Virgin or any other company which they just have downstairs. They have not been able to get Freeview upstairs because of the poor signal in their area, so just use it to watch DVD's or stream TV shows through their laptops. Him indoors has now told them what a wonderful thing he has bought and has told them to get one each. So they will be buying it as well. I am waiting for them to ask him which model it is as he won't have a clue.

He sits in his chair, like lord of the manor, with his giant TV Screen, flicking through all the channels and boasting what a good idea it was to get a booster for the signal. I could cheerfully throttle him.

We used to have Virgin, but with him being disabled I never had time to sit down long enough to watch a film all the way through as he was always wanting stuff, so we had it removed.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works for me., 29 Dec 2013
I bought a Samsung smart TV but the picture quality was poor with Freeview HD channels - blocking, freezing etc.- particularly during the evening. I was going to replace my loft aerial with one mounted on the roof but I decided to give this a try. It works perfectly. I don't know whether the improvement is due to the amplifier, the 4G filter or the combination of the two.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 26 Mar 2014
AS other customers have stated already , I was getting "no Signal" on a Samsung Freeview HD TV especially after dinner untill bedtime, really annoying every15 seconds or so. Bought and fitted this little chap .... and lovely uninterupted HD TV 24-7.

Also ordered on night of 24th. March 2013 , delivered on Afternoon of the 25th.

One thing to note ! you will need an extra male to male co-ax aerial lead to make the connection from your wall socket to the unit and another lead from the unit to the TV aerial socket,

Well Pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars All good, 14 Jun 2014
Arrived quickly & as stated. I had an old analogue TV that needed a digital signal to get freeview on my freeview set top box. I plugged in the Ariel cable to the booster input, the set top box to the booster output, plugged in the booster power cable, switched it all on, re retuned the freeview box and received a digital signal straight away. The whole process took about 10 minutes (including tuning). It certainly solved my problem which was a lack of decent TV reception in my kitchen and its good value to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 24 Mar 2014
I needed this to split the signal from my external aerial and amplify it enough to feed both my TV and a new YouView box, which otherwise were only able to receive about 30% of the stations which the TV had previously been getting when directly connected.
Everything works fine now - would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST WHAT I NEEDED!, 14 Jan 2014
Inexpensive, this gizmo is the perfect solution to split your coaxial cable without loss of signal. Invaluable in providing signal power to a PVR and TV when the manufacturer of the former has introduced a power saving facility which fails to maintain a signal to the TV!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 4 Mar 2014
Bought to boost a bedroom TV and PVR signal from an indoor aerial. Improved signal strength from 70% to 100% on most channels, with 98% being the weakest I've come across. It's worked a treat for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent boost for new BBC HD channels, 10 Feb 2014
The new BBC Four and News HD channels kept breaking up, as the signal (even from Crystal Palace) is lower than other HD channels. An old signal booster I had lying around didn't improve things enough to stop the breakup but this did the trick brilliantly. The signal is now 85% (90%+ on others). A cheap plug in solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Huge improvement to the signal quality, 29 Jun 2014
J. Gradwohl "Jorg" (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
I only have freeview at home and the signal on some channels used to constantly break up. It was in fact unwatchable.
I didn't really believe this product would work but thought I'd give it a try.
My TV signal is now perfect and even in bad weather I don't get a bad signal anymore.
Works as promised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the tin... Chuffed!, 12 Aug 2014
This product has been fantastic! We recently bought our 1st HD TV but were disappointed that the signal was, at times, poor. It got to the point where we weren't even watching our new TV because we knew the signal would be bad. But I came across this and thought it was worth a shot. It works like a treat. Our signal has gone from being poor to very strong! We've not had a problem since we installed this device.

It's worth noting that you need a short TV aerial cable to connect your TV to your device.

If you've been having the same problem as me then I highly recommend this product.

Now, I must go... The Great British Bake Off in HD awaits!