4.0 out of 5 stars Mellow Jack is Back
Published 9 months ago by A. F. Patterson

3.0 out of 5 stars Average Jack
Always loved Jack Johnson, even before Brushfire Fairytales, this album is 'nice' nothing new here, but it's typical Jack Johnson, I really want to love this album, but after spending the summer listening to Ben Howard this just seems average, I love 'Shot Reverse Shot' but the rest has yet to grow on me, maybe in time it will but I think I will go back to Ben for now!
Published 9 months ago by Andy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Average Jack, 20 Sep 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Mellow Jack is Back, 16 Sep 2013
This review is from: From Here To Now To You (Audio CD)
With this album, mellow Jack takes us into a honey-kissed world of simple harmonies and sunny days. As ever, the sound of the guitar that he gently strums takes precedent amid his oh so delicately arranged chords. His vocal warbles, the "oh ohs", and "ba do, ba do, ba dos" are always pleasant on the ear, and you just know that absolutely no strings were harmed in the making of this record, so softly does he play. Disappointingly, though, he seems to be in too much of a happy place for my liking. His current state of relational bliss has made him see everything through rose-tinted glasses. The opening track, `I Got You', sums up the heady mood of the album very well. It is a perfectly slushy love song that will join the playlists of romancers worldwide, and truth be told, it is a lovely record. Yet, the rest of the album, while pleasant enough, never quite hits the dizzy heights of `I Got You'. One song segues into another without any real change in mood or pace. If you want tender, easy-listening fodder to play on a Sunday afternoon or you need background music in your vegetarian cafe, then this is the album for you. Personally, I'd have liked a little more soul-searching angst, rather than the swell of well-being goodness on offer here. Let's hope that by the next album Jack goes back to the black.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!! Music, 27 April 2014
Mrs. Em Kingston "Sweet Pea 2" (Hampshire,England.) - See all my reviews
I have only just discovered Jack Johnson and just love his music. He is
so talented writing the lyrics and putting them to music. Find it so relaxing
to listen to, now wanting to buy more.

A real fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jack Johnson From Here To Now To You, 8 April 2014
E. Mccutcheon (Portsmouth Hants) - See all my reviews
This review is from: From Here To Now To You (Audio CD)
Jack Johnson From Here To Now To You, I am a great fan of Jack Johnson and this is such a wonderful CD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD purchase, 26 Feb 2014
This review is from: From Here To Now To You (Audio CD)
I love this CD and as gift is even greater to give to someone. My partner had this CD as a Christmas present and he loves it. I would recommend this CD to all my family and friends in the future. Well done.

Many thanks and best wishes to all your future sales.

Cristina Santos

4.0 out of 5 stars Back with Jack after a hiatus, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: From Here To Now To You (Audio CD)
Always the goto albums to relax with. Saw this in hmv the other day so bought it. Glad I did, it's great to back with Jack and his songs. Always the soundtrack to relax to this new album is no difference.

Very happy to have found my way back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best yet!, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: From Here To Now To You (Audio CD)
I did not think it could happen,but Jack Johnson has done it again. The whole album is excellent and flows so well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Christmas gift !!, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: From Here To Now To You (Audio CD)
My friend was so Happy !!! So I was Happy as well !
He loves Jack !!
Great gift for Jack's Johnson fan !

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent as always, 9 Jan 2014
Mr. Michael Woodburn (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: From Here To Now To You (Audio CD)
Jack's latest offering is superb although The acoustic version of home is far better on sleep through the static. Mick

5.0 out of 5 stars another great album, 1 Jan 2014
This review is from: From Here To Now To You (Audio CD)
this was a present for my daughter and we listened to it in the car over Christmas. A nice melodious laid back album in his usual style.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

From Here To Now To You
From Here To Now To You by Jack Johnson (Audio CD - 2013)