5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tips On Parenting!
Even though my children are now teenagers, I loved the advice given in this book. I have to say that most of these tips I did implement while raising my children. It is so detrimental to our youth that we build their self esteem while they are small children- so they grow into thriving confident adults. Nicely written and I highly recommend this book.
Published 9 days ago by RRD

3.0 out of 5 stars parenting books
I don't normally read parenting books but found this one useful. Happy to say that there are some things I already do and also things I can improve on.
Published 5 months ago by Candice

3.0 out of 5 stars parenting books, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: Parenting: 50 Tips on Building Your Child's Self Esteem -Raising Girls, Boys, Potty Training Toddlers or Teenagers- Psychology & Child Development Book on Raising Children-Raising Kids with Confidence (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Tips On Parenting!, 15 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars insightful tips by a mother of 3 and a children's book author, 7 April 2014
The author has three children ranging in age from 1 to 13 and is sharing expert tips she has collected and practiced during her 13 yr parenthood adventure. This is what gives the 60 tips in the book credibility and make it worthy of your time. You know you are reading tips by someone who has done her research and has put them into practice before preaching them. Some of the tips discussed here were quite eye opening.

5.0 out of 5 stars 50+ Tips That Will Make a Lasting Impression, 6 April 2014
I've read a lot of parenting self-help books so I had the bar set pretty high when I started reading this. I'm happy to say that I was pleasantly surprised. The author has obviously drawn from her own experience and provides what I consider very down to earth approaches for building a better relationship with your child so that self-esteem forms naturally as a result. I appreciated the part where it was suggested to play with your child - I've started doing this regularly and have noticed a big change in our relationship, so I know that's a golden piece of advice among several others. This book is definitely worth your time given the insights you'll receive and practical ways you can apply them at home!

4.0 out of 5 stars Should it be 3.5 stars....? A good book, worth a read., 15 Mar 2014
I have given this title four stars because I like the accessibility of it and the ease of reading it. There are some very valid anduseful points and it is clear that time has been spent researching to find them. However I feel I must express my concern at the authors insistence on parents' reactions to some of these pointers. "Choosing to be happy' for instance, and "hiding your emotions" are not tips I shall be trying to implement with my children. I understand where the author is coming from and I am all for telling those little white lies that encourage and protect our children when necessary, however I feel that this book has a few too many of these really quite unnatural and inhuman responses. Yes children need to be guided so they can learn how to be confident and happy in their own skin but this should not be at the cost of the integrity of the parent. It is also important that a child knows it's ok to be cross with oneself, or disappointed or have days where they don't feel as though everything is rosey. If they are able to see you as a parent deal with these feelings then surely it will better equip them to deal with them themselves and after all, won't that in turn contribute to high self esteem? The book does touch on aspects of this in other points, hence the four stars and not three, but there were a couple of "tips" that really frustrated me, as though they were expecting us to be too perfect. That said, it is an easy book full of common sense which the reader may already know and implement but not necessarily consciously. For this it is great at building ones own self esteem as a parent, and I'm sure there is at least one point which readers may find helpful as a kind of "light bulb" moment -something they hadn't really considered. And as the author is honest about her lack of psychological training, it makes a very good starting point for further reading should one want to find the answers to "how" or "why", questions I found jumping out at me at the end of many of these tips.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing Ideas!!, 3 Oct 2013
Dolores Ayotte (Winnipeg, Manitoba) - See all my reviews
Parenting: 50 Tips on Building Your Child's Self Esteem by Author Jennifer Loveless

I thoroughly enjoyed this parenting handbook penned by talented Author Jennifer Loveless. It is chock full of down-to-earth parenting tips and ideas to help raise our children to be the best individuals they can be. Right off the bat, this author quickly explains that she is not professing to be an expert in the child rearing field. She is telling us that she is one of us and has learned from her own mistakes and is now sharing bits of her wisdom and learning experiences based on raising three daughters. I like this concept. I actually find it refreshing. This author has done her homework. She has scoured the internet, the websites, and other sources of information. She then combines this fact finding mission with her own experiences and shares her discoveries with other parents looking for answers. This is no small feat to say the least, however, Author Jennifer Loveless has done an excellent job of doing so.

As a parent to three daughters and now a grandmother to nine grandchildren....I can very much identify with what this author is trying to accomplish. There is not one tip that she or one of her experts recommends that I take exception to or disagree with. Each and every one of them is practical every day advice on how to effectively raise children and enhance their self-esteem.

Parenting is one of those vocations which appears to need little or no training yet it is what I consider to be one of the most important choices we might ever make. We can do a whole lot of damage to our youngsters if we don't better educate ourselves. As the author states...it starts in infanthood and goes from there. She stresses the importance of meeting our baby's needs without sacrificing out own in the process. Great tips such as teaching our children responsibility...involving our children in good deeds...not arguing with our spouse in front of them....consistency in our affection so that our love for them is not seen as conditional. These examples are just a few of the useful ideas and gentle reminders of what it entails to build our child's self esteem. Setting goals and playing with our children as well as admitting that it's okay to know failure with the realization that perhaps it's the first step toward success is sound thinking. What a refreshing approach Author Jennifer Loveless has on life as she looks at and embraces some of the good old-fashioned ideas that can get lost in the shuffle of our busy lives. Good stuff!

Inspirational Author & Book Reviewer ~ Dolores Ayotte
I'm Not Perfect and It's Okay

5.0 out of 5 stars Common sense and down-to-Earth, 3 Oct 2013
Parenting: 50 Tips on Building Your Child's Self Esteem (Raising girls? Raising boys? Raising teenagers or toddlers) A book on raising children)(child psychology) Raising Great Kids- FREE Bonus Tips! [Kindle Edition]

An informative and quick read full of great tips!

The book is a common sense and down-to-Earth approach, which is certainly worth a look.

Pick it up and try a few of these informative ideas.

Super read 5*****