Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 7 December 2013
Claire is a kind and loyal woman, mother to her grown up daughter Deborah, a musician,husband to Mark, a man holding a strong position in the US government, and a circle of close friends who love and adore her. To the world outside their front door they are seen to be the perfect family with a loving marriage. However Mark is a bully,abusive both emotionally and physically and Claire is terrified of him.
This novella was a compelling read from the very first page, highly recommend.
on 10 January 2014
This little book holds your attention right from the start the only down side is I wish it was longer

Ii
on 10 December 2013
Very good read, although not a very long book still enjoyed it awaiting her next book in January x x
on 2 January 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this story although this was much shorter than her usual stories. I had to keep reading to find the end!
on 1 January 2014
I read this book in only a few hours!! As with all of Barbara Taylor Bradford stories you are drawn in immediately!! Thoroughly recommend it!
on 27 December 2013
great read excellent well worth the money , a different read great well written keeps you in suspense so easy in kindle form
on 2 March 2015
I always enjoy a Barbara Taylor Bradford book, but didn’t realise this was a Novella, so it finished all too quickly. The story shows how an abusive marriage can take place behind closed doors. The husband, a special advisor to the President of the United States, presenting a perfectly normal persona to the outside world. A dutiful wife who doesn’t want the world to know what an awful bully her husband really is and doesn’t want to spoil her daughter's image of her father. Luckily Claire, the abused wife, has three very good friends who realise that they must do something drastic before things get any worse. They take matters into their own hands. It’s predictable but still a good read.
on 22 June 2014
I normally love Barbara Taylor Bradford and was expecting to enjoy Hidden, sadly I found after the first few chapters I felt sure I knew what was going to happen. I was not wrong. As three girl friends banded together to rescue their fourth best buddy from her failed marriage there was much too much sugar and not enough content to spice up the story and it was a very short story. I'm just getting used to reading books on Kindle and the only thing that surprised me was suddenly realising I was 75 per cent through the tale and the last quarter seemed to cram in too much and didn't really have an ending. Perhaps I'm old fashioned in that I like a beginning a middle and an end. The End happened when I felt the story could have been expanded. For anyone wanting a bit of light holiday reading and who doesn't want to get too involved in a plot this could be ideal. For someone who was not on holiday and was hoping for a fully expanded story to get her teeth into, this didn't fit the bill. Okay but a bit disappointing, for me.
on 31 March 2014
Barbara Taylor Bradford writes exceedingly well. This is the story of Claire, who is married to Mark, a politician in the U.S.A. Claire has a daughter, Deborah, who is studying music in London. Mark has always treated Deborah as his daughter since she was born after he married Claire, and he knew that Claire was pregnant by another man. mark is fine with this until he discovers the identity of deborah's birth father. Then there is Trouble!
Like so many battered wives, Claire of being a victim, and hides the evidence from her friends. However, one of them is very astute, and soon hatches a plan to put an end to Claire's suffering.

The only reason I have not given this 5 stars is that it was out of my comfort zone, and not good to read at bedtime! It kept me awake at night! So, read it in daylight and then give it 5.
The beginning of the story was great and the reader has some great characters introduced to them. There is huge potential to turn this into a great, page-turning romantic thriller but instead it just stops dead. The abusive husband who is apparently a driven, bullying man who will never give up trying to make his wife pay, gives up. The Mafia, whom we all know have long memories, just forget about someone in witness protection. The self torture that a man who realises he has put the woman he loves in danger after all and has missed the childhood of his only daughter isn't even touched on. So many missed opportunities and such a weak ending because of it.