4.0 out of 5 stars gripping read
i thoroughly enjoyed this book. I wasn't to sure in the beginning about how I felt about the story but after a few more pages I found myself hooked.was quiet disappointed when I found it was the only book, but then when I found it was the authors first novel I was impressed and cant wait for the next one. though having started so fantastically , I think he may have built...
Published 6 months ago by michael bridgeman

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok
I am not really sure what to make of this. It started really well but didintegrated from comedy to silly.
Published 11 months ago by Fren

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 49 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars REALLY GOOD, 5 May 2014
This review is from: The Bite on the Line (Bytarend Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
A STORY ABOUT A BYGONE AGE OF STEAM ENGINE AND FIRE HISTORICAL WELL WRITTEN STORY LINE NEVER HEARD OF THIS WRITER BEFORE BUT I WOULD READ ONE OF HIS BOOKS AGAIN

3.0 out of 5 stars The Bite on the End of the Line, 1 May 2014
This review is from: The Bite on the Line (Bytarend Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Plenty of action and some odd characters. The short chapters make it easy to read. Although full of death and destruction the reader is left with no doubt the events and characters are pure fantasy. If you like the good guys to win and enjoy a world of fantasy then this could be a book for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyed the introduction to a new world of stories, 27 April 2014
This review is from: The Bite on the Line (Bytarend Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I chose this book because, in recent years,I have been introduced to the Discworld series, and a review said that if you liked Discworld books you would enjoy this, and they were not wrong. I read on a short holiday and have to say it was one of the most enjoyable reads I have had for a while. I wanted humor and something a bit different and that is what I got. I am looking forward to reading the next book and only hope that the author can develop this world and maintain this level of creativity and story telling.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sheer gripping fantasy!, 25 April 2014
This review is from: The Bite on the Line (Bytarend Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
loved this! If you are a fan of Terry Pratchett you will too. From the first ,intriguing with its odd people, then you get to know the two main character's who are so lifelike, and believable then to the bitter battles to save the townspeople from leeches. Engrossing, can't wait for the next one !

5.0 out of 5 stars geart book, 24 April 2014
This review is from: The Bite on the Line (Bytarend Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Found this book by chance was not sure what to make of it, but download it any way. Thought I was going to get a standard book about a king/boy trying to get his crown back but throw me right of track and ended up a great book with people I like k ed and wanted to read more about.Looking forward to reading more.

3.0 out of 5 stars Amusing story, 22 April 2014
This review is from: The Bite on the Line (Bytarend Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this rather silly but amusing romp through sci-fi. I do feel there were rather too many types of bad guy to cope with in one small story. Life-leeches and Lifeless were bad enough but Animal-leeches is where it went from amusing to silly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 21 April 2014
This review is from: The Bite on the Line (Bytarend Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Love this book! The detail of the writing is amazing, I love the storyline and the characters. I hope Simon Cantan writes more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Intriguing new series, 20 April 2014
This review is from: The Bite on the Line (Bytarend Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
A really interesting and enjoyable book. There are so many ways in which this series could develop and I look forward to finding out what happens next.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very good read, 20 April 2014
This review is from: The Bite on the Line (Bytarend Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This was a really good book. I did find the start a bit disjointed, but having read a couple of reviews that made similar comments, I persevered and was glad I did. The humour running through the book gave it an added dimension and all in all I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys reading fantasy novels.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a good story, give it a try!, 19 April 2014
This review is from: The Bite on the Line (Bytarend Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I could be very superior and say that this is sub-Pratchett, takes a while to get going and requires a considerable suspension of disbelief at times. All of which would be true, but that wouldn't get to the gist which is that this is a fun story with some intriguing characters. I can guarantee that you will be entertained, which is what it is all about really, isn't it?

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 49 | Next ›