5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it
Absolutely amazing sound. I have them in stereo and was so easy to configure. So so simple to operate. I have not used it for answering phone calls yet but everything I have tested works well. I'm well impressed. Battery life is good at present.
Published 9 months ago by Vadavida

2.0 out of 5 stars Great looking speaker but that's where it ends I'm afraid
Firstly I would like to say the presentation of the ignite is bang on, starting from the packaging it is clearly a premium product. Furthermore once taking the speaker itself it has a reassuring heft to it adding to its quality feel- I must also say it is a very attractive product. Unfortunately as much as I liked the Ignite aesthetically as well as the work they put into...
Published 7 months ago by James Greeley

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it, 1 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound for a small speaker, 15 Mar 2014
I bought this wondering how often it would get used and I have to say it has been more often than I had expected. The sound on this is great for something that is relatively small, and the battery seems to have a good battery life. Charges through a USB mini charger which is useful seeing many mobile phones are going down that route.

The only negative I could give to this is when you first switch it on it does boom with it's loud intro sound, which could be annoying for someone who want quiet music in the background without disturbing anyone. However, for most people I can't imagine this being an issue.

Overall, great sound with good bass and mid and is a product I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little boom box, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: KitSound Ignite Rechargeable Bluetooth Speaker White (Electronics)
Great sound from this little boom box! Its for my kitchen and to take into my garden as well, really impressed for the money
I've already recommended it to friends

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow lovely little speaker plays well exceeding my expectations, 30 Dec 2013
When i looked at the image i imagined it to be big - but its just bigger than your palm but plays incredibly great! we loved it.
The best thing about it is it doesnt need to be connected to main always. The battery longs for at least 6 hrs i think.

Buy this if you need one just down next your bed and want to play anything from mobile or laptop using Bluetooth (or line in if you want)

4.0 out of 5 stars No Bass Sound, 30 Dec 2013
I like this Kitsound Ignite wireless speaker because it easily connected to my laptop via bluetooth and played music right away from my laptop. However, I do not seem to be able to get any bass sound from it which is quite disappointing. The sound seems like it is being played from inside another box or from behind a thick wall because it's not the true sound of the music that is playing. I have another smaller bluetooth speaker which has provides a lot more bass and a deeper sound which was cheaper than the Kitsound product but gives me a better sound in my opinion. I have been busy over the Christmas period so I have not had time to experiment much with it to find out why there is very little bass sound from it. I will also email the suppliers to see if there are any tweaks that I can do to improve the sound in any way. There is also supposed to be a 10 metre range for this speaker but if I moved the speaker about 10 feet away the sound broke up and I found that I had to move the speaker to within 6 feet for it to play the music correctly. I am using a Lenovo laptop which is fairly high spec and therefore I expect the two to work well together. I do like the look and feel of the Kitsound speaker and it feels solid and well built and if the bass had been better I would have given the product five stars. I do hope I can get the bass sorted or I will be reluctant to use the speaker again and I will be disappointed and may consider returning the product to either Amazon or Kitsound because it's not fit for use etc...

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, 30 Dec 2013
Perhaps a little bit small at first but great sound from such a little box. Connectivity is hassle free.. Battery life is excellent..

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice kit, 9 Dec 2013
Lee (IPSWICH, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Stands on my bedside table and plays via Bluetooth from my HTC One. Gives a good sound and looks good and solid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Igniting Sound Through Quality, 18 Aug 2013
I bought the Ignite with lofty expectations as I already have a KitSound Hive and I was not let down.

The boxing of the Ignite is on par if not even better than what the speaker giants provide for their products. The black and silver boxing gives it a mysterious yet commanding feel to it, once opened you see two sleek compartments that separate the speaker and the extras that come with it. The bag supplied is made up of a nylon that seems to be splash proof on the outside and it would be nice if KitSound not only included their logo but had Ignite on the side with it's own product logo maybe? From a distance I can't tell the difference between my Hive and Ignite!

On first inspection of the Ignite it feels like the Hive but then you see the difference in quality where the Hive starts off the Ignite continues on. The graphite backing gives it a smoother finish, the front grill looks very retro and the gap that runs through all the way shows the passive radiator off and if you look at the right angle it looks like there are two passive radiators. The attention to detail almost creates an illusion and gives it the feel that there is more than there actually is which is not a negative at all.

On the back all the connections are neatly in the middle and look robust especially the on/off switch which at times can be a little too robust and can be difficult to switch on but I like that, personally loose switches make me very wary of quality. The micro usb port shows the same robust nature, my Hive has started showing signs of use and wiggles a little but all in all, the Ignite is better in this aspect.

The three buttons on the top of the Ignite almost don't look like buttons at all. The upgrade to touch buttons rather than push buttons helps to achieve this and they are very responsive when you use them. The mic which is also located on the top is very good for taking hands free calls and depending on how far your phone is to the Ignite you might get a delay but it is minimal and I was able to have a full phone call conversation without the caller knowing I was using my speaker for it.

Turning the Ignite on you receive a jazzy sound tone to let you know it is turned on better than the monotone beep you get with most speakers, the Bluetooth is started up from switching it on or using the play button which is always useful to have more than one way to connect nowadays, I was able to connect fairly quickly by either way and it remembers six devices so very useful!

Getting on to the "does it hold it's own in the sound department"? Yes, is the simple answer far superior to what I have available to me in portable speakers. The bass goes hard on the paint, the mid-range is present and gives it depth, the highs are magnificent to the point it almost out shines the bass too much but if you set your EQ up on your device you can keep it in check and enjoy the sound immersion that it produces, I tried all types of genre but I did run into problems when I played low bit rate tracks - it did not enjoy them and you do get a massive difference in sound quality, because of this you should aim for 320kbps as this is the only way to go!

I enjoyed the Ignite and I will be looking to get a second one to unlock the pairing ability the Ignite has, as two Ignites must be better than one for sure and I look forward to the wireless stereo sound they will produce together! All in all 5 stars for the Ignite it is impressive and sounds like a giant killer for it's size.

UPDATE: I took the plunge and bought a second Ignite. I have to say the stereo sound produced was flawless and definitely worth the investment as the sound split between two Ignites seems to improve it beyond my original expectations that I posted here and then some! The sound on full managed to be heard throughout the house clearly and the bass response was exceptional as both speakers produced the same amount of uncompromising bass sound. So in my experience, two Ignites is better than one!

5.0 out of 5 stars mighty speaker., 6 Jun 2014
Best sounding speaker I have bought crisp sound with good bass for the size of it it's great. Well packaged. brought it on holiday and glad I did easy to pair aswell.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Piece of Kitchen kit, 27 Jan 2014
This a great bit of kit. Easy connection and sounds great.
Tried it at work when were out in the sticks with bad radio reception and blasted Metallica across the countryside!
Excellent battery life too!