4.7 out of 5 stars1,573

on 24 June 2014
This is a great card for 2 main reasons:

1. The price. The price for this is really competitive, especially when on discount, and it is not only the card itself, it also includes an adapter for normal SD, so most laptops can read it fine without buying anything more, and I actually bought mine for a camera which accepts SD cards, simply for the flexibility of having a 32GB Micro card in future if I need it, and the price difference is so little it's worth it for me, and of course that SD card adapter is great for that reason too.

2. Solid performance. Frankly, when I purchased this, I expected sub-par performance since it was so cheap, and I was fine with that. However, that is not the case. It is not exactly as fast as the higher-end normal Class 11 SD I bought a while ago, but again, that price to performance ratio is great, and the performance of this card will be more than fine for most people.

The reason for the 4 stars rather than 5 though is the minor detail, that the thing was actually very unusually when I first received it, with sometimes horrific performance and sometimes not being recognised by my computer, but that was easily fixed with a quick Windows format, so I definitely suggest doing that before use, I imagine it will fix most problems, but is something that could be improved.

TL;DR: Very good value, good performance, adapter is a great addition, and I suggest formatting before use.
on 16 August 2014
Bought this memory card for my HTC desire 610 since i was getting frustrated with the constant low memory notification and been using it for a week now and have no complaints. Delivery was within 3 working days of ordering the product even though i used free super saver delivery which i was really impressed by and properly packed. Its a memory card and does it's job and the adapter is just a bonus!
on 8 May 2014
I bought the card to use as additional storage for my Asus Memopad tablet. The card was recognised fine as soon as I inserted it into the tablet. I didn't load any data onto the card for a while, but when I was going on holiday I loaded some music and video files to play while away. After about 20 minutes playing back a video file the playback stopped and the card was not showing as been inserted anymore.

I thought that maybe the tablet was the problem but since I've been back I've tried the card in a number of other devices and it doesn't work in any of them.

The card is reported as faulty by all of them. I thought that I would be able to reformat it in case the data on they card was corrupted and I could start again, but it won't even allow the card to be reformatted because all it reports is an error however it is accessed.

This is the first time I've had a memory card from any manufacturer fail like this, but this is the first Kingston card I'd ever bought - probably the last one too.
on 25 May 2016
Bought this card in August 2014 to extend the memory of my Samsung Galaxy S5 phone. After 21 months' use it has just failed without warning, taking with it a number of key photographs. I've been a long-time supporter of Kingston Technology products because I believed that their reliability was worth the extra cost. Not any more.
on 17 August 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Mostly my usage of SD type cards is in various cameras so that is how I've tested/tried out this one. The micro sd card style has some benefits in allowing varied usage. The adapter card means that they can be used as full SD cards as well as it phones and the like as micro cards. Given the vagaries of files systems the space actually available is 29.3Gb.

The capacity of this card is fine however perhaps unsurprisingly given the price and the class of card (Class 4) speed is not that good. I have SD cards in both my cameras and they are Class 10 cards (Sandisk Ultra & Transcend). Using my Panasonic Gx1 for a test my Sandisk Ultra could take 10 shots continuously (shooting jpeg and RAW) before stopping to write to the card momentarily. This card managed just four shots before stopping and was unable to shoot continuously after that. Equally this card required 30 seconds after switching off to complete writing to the card.

I've had Kingston cards in the past and they have been ok - this looks like ok value for money for the capacity/price but not if speed is important to you. I guess it is possible that speed is less an issue on phones/tablets but when used hard this card will be a bottleneck in terms of performance. If I wasn't a photographer I might give it four stars possibly but I'm not sure about that - for 2/3 quid more you can get a decent Class 10 micro SD card. If I use it enough for reliability to be an issue I'll update this review.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 October 2015
This micro SD card comes with an adaptor so that it can fit into normal SD slots. It came securely packaged. I am a technical noob so can't comment on the science bits - I do know I did not need to format it, it works and that at this price point, represents great value.

Does the job perfectly well.
on 13 November 2013
Seem's to work ok and much cheaper than others on the market, I've never had any problems with Kingston memory cards
on 7 July 2014
Bought this for my Lumia 630 - phone didn't recognize it - contacted Kingston directly and after about five/six emails where they requested photos of their own product despite me supplying ALL serial numbers they left me hanging.

After 20 days I contacted them again and they stated they had contacted me and perhaps my spam filter had deleted the email (totally incorrect and rather patronizing of them). I pointed this out - they came on defensively and then CONFIRMED that the memory card DOES NOT work in the NOKIA LUMIA 630 (this despite a search in Amazon bringing it up).

I shall not be using this company ever again - patronizing, not very efficient, seemingly unaware of their own product (needing photographs).....customer service unbelievably bad and didn't supply me with an alternative card that WOULD work - missed opportunity there lads!!!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Frustration Free packaging was basic enough, just an envelope with a rip tab containing a loose SD case which had the SD adapter and the micro card, although it came in a pretty large flat cardboard package which seemed OTT. The actual available capacity is 29.3GB, which is very useful.

I did a test of copying around 3GB of photos to the disk and it transferred at about 4 MB/second, whereas copying that back to the laptop came in much faster at 15 MB/second.

Given the relatively low transfer speed, it's probably best kept for phone or tablet use, rather than using in a camera if you shoot in burst mode. The fact that's it's a micro with an adapter means you have maximum flexibility in terms of where you can put it, so you have an easy way to give your device a pretty hefty storage capacity boost.
on 14 August 2014
This product is okay but i have used it in my Mobile for a week or 2 now and suddenly this morning i woke up and took my phone off charge and i looked in the corner of my phone and i said that the card has been removed but it was on my bedside table not been touched and now i can not look on the card on either or my portable hardware or my Computer and now i have lost over 800 pictures of my daughter and videos and some other data and now i can not get them back at all i am so angry with it as i havent dropped my phone or got it water damaged so i dont understand how i have lost all of my data on i NEED all my data back ASAP what am i going to do i went to pc world to see if they could help but they want a £80 fee to get my data i dont have that money or i would of just to got a more expensive memory card !