4,851 Reviews
 (3,566)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value memory
Before getting to the actual memory card, I'd first like to mention two things I like:

1. It comes with the MicroSD adapter - something I find very useful.
Published on 4 April 2010 by GizmoGeek

3.0 out of 5 stars Garbage read/write speed on the HTC Desire
Ive just purchased this card due to all the hype its been given and some of the reviews indicating that you can transfer 10.8gb of data to it in 27m 59s and another guy that mentioned a read speed of 15 MB/s and write speed of 5-6 MB/s.

Published on 21 Feb. 2011 by Billy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value memory, 4 April 2010
GizmoGeek (Hounslow, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

1. It comes with the MicroSD adapter - something I find very useful.
MicroSD is almost *the* standard for mobile phones (with even stubborn manufacturers like Sony Ericsson slowly ditching their proprietary formats in favor of this) but the problem is, a lot of larger products (like cameras and laptops for instance) take only the standard SD card.
Here, it is advantageous to have the adapter because all you have to do is plug the card in your adapter and you're ready to transfer your pix/files from your phone to your laptop and vice versa.

2. The packaging won't injure you.
Quite frankly, I'm sick and tired of those horrible plastic-clamshell packaging which takes a knife and two steady hands to cut open; fortunately, this card ships in a neat cardboard cover which surrounds a re-sealable plastic 'case' that can also double as a storage case in case you need it (although wasn't probably intended for that purpose).

Getting to the actual card, I found the card reasonably fast with okay read and write speeds; this is most likely attributed to the "Class 4" speeds it carries, but to be honest I'm not too sure what that means for the average joe (who's probably only going to use this on their phone or whatever)

The only (small) complaint I have is that its a tad bit difficult to pull the memory card out of the adapter, but then that's hardly a complaint considering the performance and the price, so I gladly give this five stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the fastest card, but the price is hard to argue with, 9 Jun. 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This is a fairly attractive low cost micro SD card, you do get a bundled adapter so you can also use it as a normal SD card if you wish.

Class 4 cards are not hugely fast but need to have a min write speed of 4MB/s, testing the Kingston I got just over 5MB/s write speed and about 17MB/s read speed (results may vary depending on card reader) That's about in line with the requirements.

It's not a card I would suggest if you are doing HD video recording either on cameras or camcorders. But for normal day to day use, tablets and mobile phones it's good enough for those uses. I've a few of these around and I can say I've not had any issues with Kingston cards to date, they have been reliable enough.

Folks looking for more speed should look at the class 10 cards, like the Sandisk which is quite a bit quicker, but does cost more

If you don't need a super fast card and just want decent storage capacity, then this card offers excellent value.

4.0 out of 5 stars How to check its a genuine card, 21 Jan. 2013
Charles (Europe) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
There are far too many fakes about and its essential you test your card on receipt, some fakes will pass some of the test programmes, so test with ChkFlsh, Crystal Disk Mark & especially H2testW. H2testW tests the full capacity of the card, so will catch any using aliasing to fake larger than real capacity. A card with full capacity but high error rate/slow write speed indicates a 'ghost run' fake.

I`ve added images to the product gallery to assist in visually identifying genuine & fake cards.

Good results:
A 32GB card should have a formatted capacity of around 30GB, format in FAT/FAT32 only (NTFS shortens life of flash media & wont improve performance)
A class 4 card must have a write speed of 4MB/s minimum (large files) the first result in Crystal Disk Mark should indicate that.
Read speeds should be over 12MB/s.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this over the SanDisk, 26 Oct. 2009
N. Ryall - See all my reviews
I bought three SanDisk equivalents and then bought three of these. Don't bother with SanDisk, these are twice the speed for the same money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 2 Feb. 2011
Having looked in the shops to buy a 16gb memory card for my HTC Desire, I was slightly dismayed at the cost (around £40) and hoped I could get something cheaper online. Thankfully I came upon this product and saved myself over 50% on what it was selling for in Argos and Curry's etc. After reading other reviews I went for the class 4 card over the class 2 card as I wanted as little time lag as possible between phone and SD card.

The card arrived well packaged within 4 days (with free delivery), sealed and as new.
I also ordered a Memory Card Adapter - Micro SD to SD, which came at the same time. What I didn't realise is that the 16gb memory card actually comes with a Memory Card Adapter Micro SD to SD so you don't need to buy one.

Their card adapter worked perfectly with my USB SD Reader and I was able to copy all my files from the 4gb micro SD card (which came with the phone) onto my PC and then upload them back onto the new 16gb micro SD card without any glitches. Download time onto my PC took approximately 15mins for 4gb of data. Upload was slightly slower around 20mins but from what I understand I could have expected it to have taken longer if it was a class 2 card.

I easily fitted the card into my mobile phone and began using it immediately with no problems... just masses of space to download my music and to use taking photos!

Very happy customer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Garbage read/write speed on the HTC Desire, 21 Feb. 2011

In reality the speeds are garbage. It took me almost 2 hours to transfer just short of 16gb of mixed size data, ranging from a few kb to a few hundred MB using a high speed memory card reader plugged into a USB 2.0 compatible port...it took the same time as having the card plugged into the phone, acting as a glorified card reader. The card was formatted with a cluster size of 32k and actual formatted size was 14.8gb

With all the benchmarking tools ive used it also gets awful marks when compared to my previous Duracell class 2, 16gb micro sdhc card. The Duracell branded one is an unsung hero. I can get write speeds of 6mb/s and read speeds of 15mb/s with that.

Using the "AnTutu System Review" app it shows a SD Card Write speed of 2.6 to 3.6MB/S and SD Card Read Speed of 8.9 to 9.1 MB/s, with the CPU running at 998mhz. Nothing is reading or writing to the card when im running the tests, its performance is unfortunately garbage. I get even poorer results when im running the CPU slightly underclocked at 844mhz, which isnt exactly slow for a mobile phone ffs. This didnt used to be an issue at all with my Panasonic card. My Panasonic card used to get a result of 13 MB/s read speed and 6 MB/s write speed, not too shabby to say that its only a class 2 card...

Using the "SD Card Speed Test" app (also known as just "Sst") it gets the following results:

Files of 1MB in size - Write Speed - 3MB/s and Reading Speed 8MB/s, measures as a class 2 card.
Files of 2MB in size - Write Speed - 3MB/s and Reading Speed 10MB/s, measures as a class 2 card.
Files of 3MB in size - Write Speed - 2MB/s and Reading Speed 10MB/s, measures as a class 2 card.
Files of 4MB in size - Write Speed - 3MB/s and Reading Speed 9MB/s, measures as a class 2 card.
Files of 5MB in size - Write Speed - 3MB/s and Reading Speed 10MB/s, measures as a class 2 card.
Files of 10MB in size - Write Speed - 2MB/s and Reading Speed 10MB/s, measures as a class 2 card.

So yeah as you can see, the card is complete garbage when it comes to writing data and its not particularly good for reading it either. If you have some apps installed on the phone like i do then its just going to make your phone laaaaaaaaaaaaag. Ive now got the dilema of sticking with this crap or backing up the conents of the card and putting it all back on my more than great class 2 Panasonic card.

Save yourself [], have a look for the 16gb class 2 panasonic card or try something else. ont get anything higher than a class 6 card if you have a HTC Desire because the phone cant cope with them and it often ends up going into a boot loop, moaning about "SD Removed".

1.0 out of 5 stars Failed after 1 week - unlucky I guess, 29 May 2011
Phone stopped recognising it after a week. Did not seem to work properly before that as read speeds were pretty slow. Reformatted it and it worked for an hour or so and then phone stopped seeing it again.

Ordering Sandisk one now, but I'm sure they're of equivalent quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect value for money, 11 July 2011
Like other reviewers, I was cautious whilst looking around for a mSD card for my new smartphone ( a Samsung Galaxy S2 ). With several products appearing to be cheap copies I wanted to ensure that I had a genuine product.

This was the cheapest class-4 16 GB card I could find from a reputable merchant ( bought through Amazons preferred seller 'indigo starfish' ). Proper packaging and formatted to the correct 14.8GB (ish).

5 Stars. Did exactly what I wanted and at less than half the price of a high street vendor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Fast read/write abilities, 10 Dec. 2010
This item is perfect for anyone with a smartphone who may download alot of apps or listen to music/take pictures, i got this as the 2gb card with my phone wasnt big enough as i use my phone as a camera when at work and privately and also need alot of room for file storage from my work, i also use my phone as an in car mp3 player so this card is perfect for the job, it's read and write speed is much better than the original memory card with the phone, some apps would lag or crash as the 2gb card took so long to read

2.0 out of 5 stars Only lasted 3 months, 26 Sept. 2011
I got this 16gb microSD card in April and by July it had already started to not work properly. I got it for my HTC phone to replace the smaller card I already had. The card started to be unmounted at random times, and sometimes when it was mounted some programs just wouldn't run from the card. I changed back to my Samsung 8gb card and everthing worked fine so I'm confident that it was this card that was the problem. I'm very dissatisfied with this product, would not recommend it at all