1,770 Reviews
 (1,269)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good To Go
Published 18 months ago by Steeve139

2.0 out of 5 stars Well made but VERY SLOW
The good :- It is incredibly well made especially in a world dominated by plastic flash drives. It's small - about 1.5 inches long.
The Very BAD : - It's inexcusable to write at this mind boggling ultra low speed - 5MBs / sec.
This is the slowest USB I've ever used. The Sandisks USBs are the fastest by far. I bought an Integral that failed after 3 usages. I...
Published 10 months ago by Helnik

2.0 out of 5 stars Failed after few months of use, 26 Mar 2013
I didn't buy this from Amazon but from other place, however, it is awesome. I'm using it mostly to carry my necessary files with me and to connect to the Internet using Chrome and Firefox portable. This is so speedy and responsive you could believe you surf the net using the browser installed on your computer's hard drive.
Also, the file transfer is excellent. The USB is sturdy, yet small: a little jewelry.
In the past I've lost a USB flash drive as the tiny key ring failed and the device's got lost. No chance to happen the same with this stick: the large metallic eye is perfectly safe.
I'm going to buy the 64 version too. Excellent!

Updated Sept 2013 - This is now dead. Failed. After few months of use bed clusters developed and it become unusable. Unfortunately the 30 days return period has passed and I cannot return it. This is the only one usb stick to fail like that.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does not work dont buy!, 20 Mar 2014
bought it then 2 months later one day it just to uninstall its drive whilst i was in the middle of a transfer so now i am left with a stick that has no drive on it and is not recognised by any computer!! DO NOT BUY!!

2.0 out of 5 stars died after three months, 10 Jan 2013
Initially I loved this drive. It's small and robust which are the good points.

Now after approx three months it has just died, giving I/O errors and not mounting to any computer. It occasionally shows up on the system but you are unable to do anything with the drive. Luckily the data I have on it was not important.

I'm in the process of getting an RMA number, hopefully. So time will tell how Kingston treat this matter.

I know nothing is perfect, I guess I have been unlucky this time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Easily damaged, 14 Feb 2014
The metal case looks really nice, and it's a good price for the amount of storage, but the metal case is very easily bent / dented in. Once that happened it stopped working, getting warm when inserted into the USB port.

All in all rather fragile - lasted less than a month. Very disappointed in this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good To Go, 7 Jan 2013
I bought the Kingston Technology 64GB USB 2.0 DataTraveler in the champaigne coloured metal casing. By today's standards (January 2013) 64GB is huge. My previous USB stick was one of the iamakey types with 16GB (also recommended). When you are looking for a new USB stick, there are 3 things to consider; capacity, speed, and physical form. Capacity and speed have been reduced by commoditization - there are lots of sticks on offer with any common combination of capacity and speed. So the differentiator is physical form.

Normally I like to hang my USB stick from a keyring attached to my belt - along with house and car keys. This means that it is exposed to temperatures, shock and vibration, and risk of loss. Buying a USB stick with a metal case looks nice, and is rugged. With a metal cased USB stick the hole is usually in the case and once it is on a key-ring it is safe. Look again at all the plastic USB sticks. The rings and clips are very flimsy. You might get lucky and not lose the stick WHEN the clip or ring breaks - but the clip or ring WILL break.

The datatraveler came with NO installed software or rubbish from the manufacturer. It was formatted and completely clean. (Normally I format them myself to obiterate the unwanted files.)

The Kingston DataTraveler is as attractive in real life as it looks on the page. It is small, sleek, and under-stated. Your data won't get lost, you will have lots of space and the speed of USB 2.0. And, oh, it is good value for money too.

1.0 out of 5 stars The world's slowest usb drive..., 18 Nov 2013
It takes ages to transfer data... you need almost about 10 minutes to transfer a GB!! Shame on you Kingston!

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake, 20 Feb 2014
I received a fake. An 8GB drive masquerading as 32GB drive, as verified by the excellent h2testw sortware. Please beware.

1.0 out of 5 stars STOPPED WORKING AFTER 3 WEEKS, 16 Mar 2014
This item stopped working less than a month after purchase. ive tried to recover my files but i was unable to. i am VERY disappointed with this product and i will NEVER buy it again. its clearly not worth the loss of important files. Lucky i had a backup of some of them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but is slow, 10 Nov 2013
It is a nice, compact, robust piece of kit. It took me about three hours to back up 30Gb of photos, so yes it is slow. But I may only use it once a year. On my Evesham tower computer it fitted easily into the USB slot, and was equally easily removed.

64 Gb is the equivalent of around 100 CDs or maybe 12 DVDs. The large capacity means I just backed up all my photos in one place, and did not have to think about splitting up directories or labelling things, or indeed finding storage space.

My main backup is a Western Digital MyBook external drive, so the USB chip is an emergency backup. Too early to say how well it stands up to usage. If you really must put it on a key ring I am sure it would not come loose but I would be reluctant to treat important data so casually. At the very least, if you are going to use USB chips as your only backup for vital data have a couple and keep them in different places.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great...for one month., 10 Mar 2014
Pros -
Good design.
Fits well on a keychain.

Cons-
CORRUPTED BEYOND REPAIR AFTER ONE MONTH FOLLOWING CAREFUL USAGE!
Slow transfer speed.