Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£9.99

on 24 June 2013
The album is reminiscent to old school hip hop heavy lyrical metaphorical lyrics with more meaning than most, taking on things that could easily reflect on different prospective, while carrying on a theme of the tittle of the album, contrasting between what is proceeded between bad and good at points, if your hip hop/rap fan and like The Warm Up & Friday Night Lights by J Cole you would love this, best yet and I expect more to come from the fayattevile rapper COLEWORLD
on 23 July 2013
I've been a J.Cole fan from day one and his music never fails to impress - this is one of those albums you can't even skip a track on because they're all so good and original. The production value is incredible and i'm glad it took so long to be released because you can tell he's worked hard on this! Sideline Story was equally brilliant, but Cole has definitely upped his game and his hip hop vibes on this are incredible! I don't think i've respected an artist so much!
on 17 June 2013
Could be the best album of the year! J. Cole definitely delivers on this album and proves that he is one of the best rappers in the game. This is a huge step up from his debut album Cole world: the sideline story and it is clear how much he has improved as a lyricist and a producer. This sounds like nothing out there at the moment. The storytelling is clever and honest; something you must respect Cole for, not many expose themselves like he does. 'Let Nas Down' is a huge stand out track for me as well as 'Born Sinner'.I particularly like 'Trouble' and 'Rich N****z' also. With the themes of depression to happiness/ darkness to light/ hell to heaven, J. Cole presents the battles many people experience; almost any person can relate to this album in some way. In my personal opinion, he definitely deserves a Grammy for this. J. Cole ultimately brings back the fact that hip hop is undeniably, poetry.
on 20 June 2013
J cole never disappoints me and i'm not someone who usually buys album hard copies, i would usually just download it off itunes but this album I just had to get the physical. Didn't skip a single song which is rare for me when listening to a whole album,i honestly enjoy listening to all of them. Cole has some very meaningful lyrics just like his other album/mixtapes,which is what I prefer. Songs that stood out to me: Villuminati,She knows,Let nas down,power trip,Trouble, crooked smile and born sinner.See that's most of them! lol , I would definitely recommend this album
on 10 January 2014
I have a huge collection of old rap/hip-hop, and I'm not really into the new stuff because it is full of meaningless lyrics and recycled beats, but this album is hot! J. Cole has great flow and raps about real things that the listener can understand and connect with, and the production is great too. My favourite track is 'Rich N****z' the beat is sick Cole just spits fire. 'Villuminat' is also a stand out track.

Definitely worth buying, if your into hip hop this will be the best £3.99 you'll ever spend.
on 12 July 2013
J Cole never fails to deliver on both lyrics and fresh production always showcasing a different style. My #1 album of the year, just beating Yeezus and MCHG
on 17 June 2013
man, cole REALLY delivered on 'born sinner' its so far ahead of his debut album which i could NOT get into at all. The album starts off well with 'villuminati' which features a famous biggie sample that fits in so perfectly. The song came under fire from over sensitive critics that focus on single words instead of listening to everything cole has to say but im not gonna get into that. This is the first album ive bought in a long time that feels like hit after hit when im playing it.
My top 5 changes often but right now i would have to say that it's, villuminati, rich ni***z, ni***z know(deluxe), land of the snakes and new york times(deluxe). I advise everyone that buys this album to buy the deluxe edition, it's worth it, the five bonus tracks aka 'Truly Yours, 3' are on a seperate disc. 'Born Sinner' is my AOTY so far(easy choice) and will most likely remain that. J. Cole may not outsell Kanye's 'Yeezus' but it's definately a much better listen for me.
Finally, if it's dope hip hop you are looking for then you cant go wrong with this, COP IT AND SUPPORT DOPE MUSIC.
on 29 October 2013
I have been listening to J Cole since his first mixtape and this truly is another masterpiece! What makes it even more special (aside from amazing and clever lyrics) is the fact that he has produced more or less all of his album! Who does that these days!! This album will definitely not disappoint I true Rap fan!
on 20 June 2013
I don't usually do reviews on Amazon but this truly calls for an exception. An absolutely superb second album and far surpasses the level that he displayed on Sideline Story. But then again, fans of J. Cole will already be aware of what he is capable of having listened to his early works such as The Warm Up etc. At no point did the thought of skipping a song creep in (and, trust me, I'm pretty fussy when it comes to my music). Born Sinner is simply that good.

Probably the line that comes closest to summing the album is: "sometimes I brag like Hov / sometimes I'm real like Pac". Born Sinner cleverly deviates between the two styles: at times he brags about the fast life he now lives and other times he speaks nothing but the humble truth. But, crucially, both times he delivers and does so convincingly. Truly an album worthy of a special spot in your CD collection!!!
on 10 October 2013
This really is one of the best album's of the year; every song is a classic. J. Cole is going to be a legend one day.