1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars a trips down imagination road review, 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: His Wicked Dream (Velvet Lies, Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
His Wicked Dream is the second book in the Velvet Lies series (sequel to Scoundrel for Hire). I received a copy of His Wicked Dream as a part of the blog tour for book 3, Seduced by an Angel.

8 years have passed since a mysterious (and drunk) doctor saved Eden from Black Bart, but she can't forget him. With her father now dead and trying to escape false accusations about their medicine show, Eden moves to Blue Thunder where she sees Michel Jones once more. Though she knows she's met him before, she can't place where, and she certainly can't stop the attraction raging between them. When they are caught in a rather compromising position, there is a hasty marriage and they have to face their next challenge: Michel's illness.

Link to Goodreads
Link to amazon

Confession time: I read the books out of order (or rather, I read 2 after 3) which meant that I knew some of the outcomes to problems faced in His Wicked Dream, but I don't think that detracted much at all! I was going to say I left it ages between reading the other two and this one so that I could more objectively say if I liked the genre or if it is just a craze (in reality a long time is like 10 days, I've read a lot of books in that time is my defense), and my conclusion is that yes, I like the genre. I like the genre a lot.

I was a little apprehensive when I started reading because the main character is Michel, and cause of how Michel was portrayed in the first book in particular, I was a little worried about whether or not I would like him as a character. Turns out I can like him as a character, there is much more to him than is shown in Scoundrel for Hire, and it allows you to actually like him.

Part of that is probably Eden admittedly, she is a strong, independent woman who knows what she wants and goes to get it! The kind of character that I like to read about basically! She's smart, thinks she makes mistakes (she doesn't really) and cares about just about anyone that crosses her past.

Also, not sure if it was just me, but I'm pretty sure His Wicked Dream had the steamiest love scene between the hero and the heroine! (Apologies to Rafe and Silver, and, Sera and Jessie, but Eden and Michel blew you out of the water!)

I'm actually kind of gutted that I've now read all the Jones' stories, I mean I want to read more! To say this is a genre that I tended to ignore, I think that the turn around was pretty impressive!

P.s. You should check out my other reviews of Scoundrel for Hire and Seduced by an Angel to find my thoughts on Rafe and Sera's stories, you can find them via the 'Reviews by Genre' or 'A to Z Reviews' Pages at the top!

Blog: [...]

His Wicked Dream (Velvet Lies, Book 2)
2.99