5.0 out of 5 stars Diverse selection of feel-good songs
Not all these songs are truly summer songs, but quite a lot are. Nevertheless, on a compilation like this, I think Abba should be represented by Summer night city rather than Voulez vous. Still, that's a minor quibble.

Published 12 months ago by Peter Durward Harris

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so good as others
I have all of the magic collection and this is the worst one of them all - no MY sort of music although others may love it.
Published 5 months ago by C. A. Jefferson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Diverse selection of feel-good songs, 20 July 2013
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Magic Summertime (Audio CD)

Here, you will find tracks recorded between 1963 and 2007 of a diverse nature that stretches even people with eclectic tastes such as me. Is anybody going to love every track? Probably not, especially with artists as diverse as Barry Manilow, Billy Idol, Jamiroquai and DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince included, but I love most of what's here and that's enough to give this 5 stars, given that there is nothing that would oblige me to hit the skip button every time it starts.

I have several collections of summer music already, particularly covering the seventies and eighties. I bought this because I like the mix of those tracks with more recent music that I haven't necessarily heard before, but which mostly sound great. There were even one or two that I recognized once they started playing, but I have no idea where I heard them - maybe in a jukebox somewhere while drinking a few beers.

Of course I love the old tracks from the sixties and seventies, though some of the choices (Build me up Buttercup, Oh pretty woman) weren't necessarily ones I expected to find on a summer album. Of the later tracks, this collection reminds me that I really ought to buy albums by Gipsy Kings and Sixpence none the richer. I've just never got round to it, but hopefully I will eventually.

There are many other great tracks on this collection of feel-good songs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
great book

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Magic Summertime (Audio CD)
this was a gift they loved it

4.0 out of 5 stars Magic summertime, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: Magic Summertime (Audio CD)
A good selection of tracks with a jolly, upbeat feel.Great music for having on in the car. One or two tacks I already have but it's still good value

5.0 out of 5 stars good verity of songs, 22 Feb 2014
This review is from: Magic Summertime (Audio CD)
This CD is fantastic so nice for in the car absolutely brilliant as I have a full verity of singers and songs and from when I was young.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so good as others, 3 Feb 2014
C. A. Jefferson "Chris Jefferson" (Pershore, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars just fantastic, 30 July 2013
This review is from: Magic Summertime (MP3 Download)
fantastic listening in the summer sunshine, such good memories, fantastic choice of tracks, would very much recommend, feel good music

2.0 out of 5 stars (((( absolutely no happy, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: Magic Summertime (Audio CD)
All songs too old to have fun tooooo old just be in quick listening all of them and never on again

3.0 out of 5 stars could do better, 7 Nov 2013
This review is from: Magic Summertime (Audio CD)
It was ok have only listed to the songs I really like some total rubbish on it so will send it to nieces in Newquay

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: Magic Summertime (MP3 Download)
Some great tracks on here. Downloaded it onto my Knidle and it kept me entertained all summer when I read. Would recommend. great value.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Magic Summertime
Magic Summertime by Various (Audio CD - 2013)