on 8 September 2014
These headphones are brilliant and i would recommend to all gamers to aquire a pair of these, at £20 lower than your local retailers they are a bargain and packaged well, delivered quickly, with an absolute thrill of gaming all in a set of headphones fully usable as a mic and in game sounds, keeps the missus happy without constantly listening to the awesomeness of COD gunfire lol
on 29 June 2014
I have not bought these from Amazon, although I wish I did as they are definitely the cheapest place at the mo.

I recently broke my (excellent) but (fragile) and (cheap) GXP Gaming headset (which I used on Xbox 360 and Xbox One. I wanted something a bit beefier both in construction and in sound fidelity.
The XO4 is definitely better built - a bit uncomfortably tight... and no it hasn't loosened over time... uncomfortable if you wear glasses. Will hopefully last a few years. Mic boom is not as flexible as I would have hoped.
They are not 'totally' wireless (as you need to connect them to your controller for power and sound transmission) and the sound (although clear and nice) does not blow my head off - a bit lacking in the volume department.
A good thing is that when you're charging your controller battery is you don't get that awful buzzing in the background that everyone in your party used to hear on 360 games.
I also am quite impressed that they don't take too much power away from my controller's battery - I am using the official rechargeable battery pack but I haven't noticed a huge drain over a good gaming session.
A bad thing is that you can only use them on Xbox One. Not even backwards compatible with the 360.
So these are OK, good at the price Amazon is charging. I just wanted a little bit more out of them
on 20 January 2015
Absolutely amazing quality and haven't broken or malfunctioned whatsoever. I would advice anyone buying these for Xbox One however to not buy a Xbox One headset apparatus for headphones as there is one already included in the box which I wasn't expecting from TurtleBeach but thanks anyway now I have a spare.
on 11 January 2015
Quality headsets and good price, they have very sharp sound, I can here footsteps from a mile away! Only bad thing I could say is that it doesn't have Mic Monitoring which is annoying as sometimes my Girlfriend complains I am shouting! If you could, pay a little more and get the XO Sevens
on 24 April 2014
Unfortunately for me I am endowed with a rather fat head making it nearly impossible to use the standard chat headset that comes with the Xbone. The ear piece being on my cheek etc just so my friends could here me. I have owned 3 pairs of Turtle Beaches in the past and a pair of Triton's and these are by far the best especially if like me you have a larger than average skull. They completely cover my ears, fit snugly over my head and the mic is perfectly positioned in front of my mouth so my teammates can here my angry shouts about their mothers sexuality. The new design for the Xbone is what I really love about it though.Instead of having all these long cables tieing themselves up and plugging into my xbox from all angles like a terminally ill patient I simple put these straight into the controller allowing me to wander around my room whilst still shouting insults at enemy players.

Its worth the extra £10 or so up from the official Xbox Sterro Headset.
on 1 October 2015
Worth the money. This headset isn't anything special but very hardy.I would suggest buying this headset instead of the Xbox original mic as I went through 2 in one year were as this mic has had no problems at all since its purchase a year and a half ago
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Turtle Beach's are meant to be some of the best headsets for gamers, and I had high expectations. I wasn't disappointed.

Setting up is very straightforward, and everything is packaged well. The headset comes with a small cable that plugs in to the top of your Xbox One controller, and connects to the USB port on the left hand side of the console.

You NEED to connect this, as your controller needs to run an update for the headset to work. It's great that you can adjust game and chat volume from the same controls, and I loved that the headset pads covered both of my ears FULLY, for a truly intense experience. The sound quality is great, and your voice is communicated clearly. The headset itself isn't very heavy, so it doesn't weigh down on your head. Having said that, it still feels well made.

Recommended.
on 28 October 2015
Excellent, I particularly like the fact that the microphone is detachable. So when I want to use them as headphones I can, this make it easier. As well as this I have found nothing wrong with the sound and the bass is also brilliant.
on 28 October 2015
Bought this for my boyfriend, he loves it. Uses it all the time to talk to people online and my 2 year old likes to chat down the mic too! Great sound quality, no complaints at all. Much better than the standard xbox one headset.
on 4 April 2014
Really happy with these, they are my first Turtle Beach and they haven't disappointed. I get what some people say about being tight, but there have so much manoeuvrability that it's easy to find a position that works.

Can play comfortably for hours in them, and they are true noise cancelling with the volume on relatively low. Only thing that's weird to get used to (if you're new to this type of product) is that you can't hear yourself talk very well as it's muffled (due to having headphones over your ears) so I find myself listening to what I'm saying out loud instead if saying it. This would be the same if any product if this type, though.

Only annoying this is I paid £90 for these 3 weeks ago :(