5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, keeps you guessing right to the end
Come across this film by accident but so glad that I did.
After enjoying the orphanage and Julie eyes I was interested to see what this film had in store.
Published 8 months ago by bf90er

2.0 out of 5 stars Like the female haircut the film leads you to thinking ...
The chief detective's haircut sums up this film.
Like the female haircut the film leads you to thinking that something interesting will happen and then the 'twist' occurs, which is as pathetic as the chief detective's macho antics all the time while sporting a woman's haircut.
Published 20 days ago by Jaggy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great film, keeps you guessing right to the end, 5 Sept. 2014
This review is from: The Body [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Come across this film by accident but so glad that I did.
Without giving too much away the film is about a body of a woman which strangely disappear. The police attention is drawn to the wife husband (who as we learn is having an affair) and when strange bits of evidence start appearing the blame is point to the
husband.
The film explores how the women died and the reasons why the body was taken.
A similar theme to the film the usual suspect which keeps you guessing right to the end.
Strongly recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars What an Ending!, 11 Oct. 2013
Mitun (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Body [DVD] (DVD)
'The Body' (Spanish: 'El Cuerpo') is a psychological thriller film that released in 2012. The film was met with critical appreciation.

The movie revolves around a corpse of a woman (Belén Rueda) that mysteriously disappears from the morgue without a trace.

I knew straight away once the movie started, that it was going to be good. The atmospheric and eery start builds the suspense and continues to do so until the end. Solid performances make the show compelling. With the twists and turns piling up, I had no idea how the story was going to end. I was dreading a let-down climax as the story was just about to drag. Then came the best part of the movie, the shock ending. An unexpected cracker.

The performances from everyone is great making the characters fascinating. Belén Rueda is becoming more beautiful as she gets older. She plays the role of the femme fatale, Mayka Villaverde with natural ease. Her presence stands out the most. Hugo Silva plays Mayka's cagey husband who has the most screen time. He keeps you hooked. José Coronado is convincing as the Police Inspector but a bit predictable.

The direction by Oriol Paulo keeps everything tightly wrapped until the end. He creates suspense that can be felt. The excellent execution of the climax is the highlight.

'El Cuerpo' is an original twisty thriller with a grand shock finale.

5.0 out of 5 stars If I could rate it 6 stars I would, 17 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Body [DVD] (DVD)
I had a night in on my own (fiance at a xmas party) and stumbled on this via Blinkbox (they were offering rental for 50p!). I used to study Spanish part time and I've always enjoyed Spanish language films so I thought I would give it a go. Fantastic. Like most of the people on here, the ending took me by surprise (though there were a few hints in retrospect). I concur that this is NOT a horror movie but a very well crafted thriller and were a few times when I literally jumped out of my sofa (perhaps not the best idea to watch it in the dark on my own but there you go!). The directing and acting is first class; I'm no expert on Spanish language cinema but I've seen a few films and none of the actors are household names, but they all did their job tremendously well. What I also loved is the fact that with essentially a couple of locations and a very limited cast (and probably a very limited budget), the film keeps going at an almost frentic pace, never letting go. You will be totally immersed in the story. Absolutely brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 14 July 2014
This review is from: The Body (Amazon Instant Video)
Really enjoyed this film. Absorbing plot and neat little twist. Love listening to spoken Spanish so it was all good.

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommended, 25 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Body (Amazon Instant Video)
I very highly recommend this little Spanish triumph, characters are fab, plot great and the end ..... well I thought of every scenario except the right one. I will watch this again..... big thumbs up! Enjoy, thriller fans. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Splendid Whodunit Thriller, 8 Nov. 2014
Charles Vasey (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: The Body [DVD] (DVD)
This is a very good mystery film, so get out the tea, stocks of cheese and biscuits and settle down for a duel of wits. I got half way there but barely so. Reviewing the events afterwards the clues were all there, avoid them though I might. Is this murder in the morgue (rather than rue Morgue), is it going to go supernatural, is it a revenge film, will it be a gore fest? Paced well, acted well and with a compelling back story this is a fine Spanish film.

5.0 out of 5 stars The final twist will "wow!" you., 24 Oct. 2014
I. C. Thackray (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Body (Amazon Instant Video)
I really enjoyed this! The best thing about it is the "twist" at the finale: it really is unexpected; despite experience of many of these type of movies I didn't see this one coming.

Even if you don't like subtitled films it is worth going with this one. An English language remake is a distinct possibility I think, but watch this one anyway just in case that doesn't happen.

5.0 out of 5 stars I concur, 6 Nov. 2013
wolfers "bluesman" (uk) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Body [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
After reading the reviews of this movie I decided to give this a go, being as I am, a big fan of Orphanage, Julia, s Eyes, Devils Backbone and Pans Labyrinth.
Note this is NOT a horror but a thriller of high calibre with an amazing twist ending. It will keep you on edge of your seat throughout.Im not going give away spoilers for this movie....just buy it and enjoy.
I guarantee you will want to watch it again just to see if you can find any indicators as to the ending.Truly great great film.I hope ive wet your appetite. THANK ME LATER!!

4.0 out of 5 stars superb, 15 Feb. 2014
This review is from: The Body [DVD] (DVD)
I thought this was a very good film . I had to concentrate a bit as there was so many twists and turns and flashbacks but a very watchable thriller and an excellent cast including the lovely Aura Garrido . At times a little scary especially in the morque added to the suspence and I would never have guessed the ending.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 19 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Body (Amazon Instant Video)
Superb film.twists threw out . excellent acting .glued to tv.highly recommend

The Body [Blu-ray]
The Body [Blu-ray] by Oriol Paulo (Blu-ray - 2013)