5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent balance
Low footprint but still protects your phone good. Excellent balance between protection, footprint and aesthetics.
Feels nice on hand and has premium looks. Highly recommended
Published 19 months ago by Theofilos Kalpakidis

Well, after reading the reviews I thought this was going to be superb.
It looks great in photos.
In person I was underwhelmed - It's ok.

I have the belkin black with clear back - and that is BETTER built than this one.

Published 17 months ago by Ibraar 'Le Saracen'

3.0 out of 5 stars Does protect phone, but over rated, over priced and fingers leave grease marks., 1 Dec. 2013
Ibraar 'Le Saracen' "le_saracen" (London, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Well, after reading the reviews I thought this was going to be superb.
It looks great in photos.
In person I was underwhelmed - It's ok.

This looks ok, has a slightly softer feel back - on which greasy hands leave shiny marks easily showing up on the black matt surface.

The sides are of a metallic sheen - and cheap feeling, on mine the left side under the volume buttons (when viewed straight on) is lifted up and seems to be lifting off the silicon/plastic part it has been stuck on - I presume this is a removable bezel - but it doesn't add anything except a feeling of cheapness.

Does it protect the phone? Yes it does, the buttons and top and bottom are protected as is the back and the rim protrudes so placing the iPhone face down means the screen doesn't touch the table/surface and it fits snugly

My gripe is that it looks cheaper in person than in pictures, isn't well made as expected, and fingers leave marks on the back - along with scuff marks which easily show up.
And the mute vibrate switch is too deeply recessed so if you have thick fingers you'll be struggling to dig in and flick it.

It isn't a bad item at all and does protect the phone - but Over rated and over priced.

I'd look elsewhere for this money

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent balance, 17 Sept. 2013
Feels nice on hand and has premium looks. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 20 Oct. 2013
Ordered for iPhone 5S. Fits perfect, adequate protection, feels nice in hand, adds some welcome girth to phone to make it feel less delicate when handling but doesn't make it feel chunky at all, doesn't interfere with useage of buttons in anyway at all. Really cool product

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case., 31 Mar. 2014
I actually really like this cover. It protects the phone so well, I've dropped it a couple of times and it just is safe. It feels more sturdy than the usual cheap ones that don't totally wrap around the phone.
The only slight downfall is the headphone socket opening is a little small for the larger aux output cables (we're talking much bigger than the normal earphones).Overall it is a great product which I would advise buying if you want to protect your phone. It feels strong and nice in your hand as well as the combination of tough rubber (not that cheap, flexible, sticky rubbish) and high quality plastic make a really nice case. I've owned this for about 6 months now and apart from a really, really light marking on the corner edge of the case where I dropped it on to concrete it looks brand new still. I can't recommend this enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Neo Hybrid, 14 Nov. 2013
What can I say, one of the best iPhone 5/5s cases out there. Looks stunning and very stylish. Fits the iPhone 5S great and feels very comfortable. Worth every penny. I'd definitely recommend Spigen to everyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Value, 30 Jan. 2014
For the price you are paying it is a good product, looks like it does in the picture. You are getting what you pay for, and £10 is not bad for an iPhone case, as some range from £30-40. I have sometimes had issues getting an aux cable into the headphone slot and I had to take off the silver lining to put it in. This silver lining is hard to take on and off easily.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best suited to black iphones, 14 Aug. 2013
Great designed case (*see my review of the satin silver version). I feel that the black backing and yellow bumper band better lend themselves to compliment the black iphone rather than the white iphone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Case recommended, 14 Aug. 2013
My objective was to find a robust case that would not swamp an iphone 5 but would yet also provide some degree of protection against drops or scuff marks. Having consulted recommendations from the likes of T3, Engaget, Gadgetmac, iLounge I decided against choosing options such as the Otterbox Commuter or Type 3 and instead chose this particular product. The Spigen SGP iphone neo hybrid case is a premium product that unlike many cases actually enhances the design of the iphone 5. I find that it makes it easier to grip the iphone. The satin silver bumper though made of plastic adequately mimics metal and allows access to all the available ports. I have used this case on a white iphone with the satin silver complimenting the white fascade of the iphone. Some reviewers have questioned the use of the supplied jellybean buttons. However, when used with a screen protector, which is NOT supplied with the case, the jellybean button have proved to be quite useful in raising the profile of the home button above the layer of the screen protector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Generally Excellent, 15 Feb. 2015
After doing a lot of research into protective but not bulky cases for my iPhone, I opted for this one due to its slim form factor and good protection. I must admit, that after several months of use, it has not disappointed me on any level. The case is easy to put on and remove as you wish, and leaves good access to headphone and charging ports, as well as extra pieces over the buttons to make them easy to press. I have dropped my phone onto concrete several times with this case on, and the phone has suffered no damage. The case might get a bit scuffed up if. You drop it onto tarmac or gravel, but I'd rather that than ruin my expensive new phone. Although slightly pricier than some cases available on the Internet, it is totally worth the extra protection that the case gives you.

5.0 out of 5 stars I also like the fact that it slightly higher than the screen ..., 23 Feb. 2015
I keep trying other cases for my iPhone 5S but always fall back to this one. It has helped my phone survive several minor drops without a scratch on it. I also like the fact that it slightly higher than the screen meaning you can put/drop the phone face down without scratching the screen. But this rim is not intrusive and you can easily access the edge of the screen for swipe actions.

Only a few very minor down sides (I would maybe knock half a star off if I could):

1. some of my headphones won't fit in the hole cutout for the audio jack, but I have a small cable from another phone case for this.
2. the polycarbonate surround has a minor seam line on the bottom right.
3. the silver has started chipping off the volume buttons