1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars The Man, 16 Sept. 2013
M. Dowden (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Howlin' Wolf - Blues Master Works (Audio CD)
Most people know I love the Blues and especially some of the old artistes. We all have our personal favourites when it comes to music, and when it comes to Chester Arthur Burnett a.k.a. Howlin' Wolf, he is one of my all time favourites. Inducted in I don't know how many halls of fame, appearing in Rolling Stone magazine in its Top 100 musicians of all time, in 2004, Howlin' Wolf is someone that has quite rightly become a legend. There are a couple of tracks that I would have liked to see on this album, but you can't have everything. There are twenty five tracks on this disc that are all great to listen to and no problems with the recordings.

Howlin' Wolf was big, in stature and in voice, towering over people at 6' 6". He didn't have the greatest voice, I have to be honest, but it sort of booms at you with a lot of power, really drawing you in. Howlin' Wolf really needs to be in your Blues collection, if he isn't already, and for those new to Blues this is ideal to get acquainted with Wolf's music, which is distinctive. If you are new to this music genre, then Wolf's music falls into Chicago and Electric Blues.

If you purchase this disc from this site you will also automatically be sent the album in MP3 format, so you can listen to it whilst waiting for the physical product to arrive, and put it straight onto your iPod, or whatever player you have. Just listen to the samples of this, and I am sure that like me you will become a fan of this great man.

Howlin' Wolf - Blues Master Works
Howlin' Wolf - Blues Master Works by Howlin' Wolf (Audio CD - 2013)