4.5 out of 5 stars1,251
Format: Wireless Phone Accessory|Change

on 15 February 2014
Wow! Amazing little device. Top quality materials and very clever design - it holds my iPhone perfectly in place. I bought mine from the Apple Store, but was so impressed I ordered a second one for my wife’s car.

Here’s why….

What is it?
--------------

Measuring just 2.5 inches long by an inch deep and weighing almost nothing, it’s a tiny little device, cleverly designed to hold your iPhone or Android phone firmly to the vent in your car. An absolute must have if you use a Tom Tom or similar navigation app. Difficult to explain, but you can slot your phone in with one hand, just push and slot it in place. Despite going over several bumps and winter pot-holes it’s been held firmly.

There’s lots of You Tube video reviews - just search for “Kenu Airframe review you tube”.

What’s good about it?
----------------------------

* Holds a massive range of phones firmly in place (see below)
* Works on almost any car (see a list below)
* Can be used to fix your phone one handed
* Top quality materials - very well built
* Very small, compact and well engineered

What’s not so good?
----------------------

* It is expensive. (But I've bought and binned 3 cheaper car mounts so far)

Will it work in my car?
---------------------------

I wanted to be sure so checked through the Amazon reviews, and the following were highly rated. After a while I decided it would fit just about every car on the planet, so gave up checking. Needless to say it works beautifully for me and the wife!

Astravan
VW Golf
VW Golf (2013)
VW Golf Mk5
VW Volkswagen Polo

Will it work with my phone?
----------------------------------

The following phones were quoted by other reviewers as having been held in place. The only negative comment was from one reviewer who thought it wouldn't be big enough to fit a Galaxy Note, but was fine for their Galaxy S2.

The Kenu website says it will fit any phone up to 4.8 inches in size.

Blackberry Z10
Galaxy S2
HTC One (in it's clear case)
HTC Sensation
iPhone 4
iPhone 4s
iPhone 5
iPhone 5s
Lumia 920
Nexus 4
Nexus 5 (with a slim spigen case)
Nokia Lumia
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Z1 (inc. case)

In conclusion
---------------

Beautifully designed, well engineered, it’s expensive compared to the cheaper options, but it works brilliantly.

Hope you found this review useful, do click below if it is.
44 comments|96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 June 2015
Now I am not going to say this is not a 'genuine' product but I do suggest you look at the pictures and decide for yourself.

Is this the real deal? Or....

* Could it be some cheap alternative?
* Which may be of superior quality and might be available for tuppence on the market!
* Possibly not worth the money being asked!

Like I say make your own minds up. Personally mine arrived today it's going back tomorrow, unopened.

I'll re-order the Kenu as a couple of my friends have them and they are great quality, but I'll order it from a different reseller.
review image review image review image review image
44 comments|46 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 April 2015
I could just about manage to squeeze my iPhone 6 Plus into the previous dashboard adaptor I purchased from this company (when I had a 5) but with my new case on my 6 it was just too small. This is basically the same mechanism, a very simple elegant design that holds the phone securely and (importantly) holds itself securely to the dashboard vent allowing me to put the phone in one handed when I get into the car with no fuss. Great simple design, very impressed.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 September 2014
I use it for my iphone 5s with an otterbox defender case and this opens enough to hold it.
The jaws have an excellent grip thanks to a soft rubber inlay plus the spring on the jaw is so tough, that sometimes i have to put the phone in first and then mount it onto the airvent.
The base rotates and has slots for both thick and thin vent ribs, never had it fall out of any vent i used it in, tried this in my rover and couple transit and sprinter vans at work it did fit in all of them.
Bought it as it is recommended accessory by apple, even expensive it does a great job, is high quality made, really very compact and light, i carry it in my pocket sometimes and i barely notice it.
Finally don't need the suction crap anymore and have a full unobscured vision of the windscreen.
Tested it on iphone 4s, 5s and Sony Xperia U with and without cases and it had good firm grip on all of them, none of them fell out however bumpy the road was and the airframe didn't fell out of the vent either and the base never rotated by itself.
I do recommend these mounts, but test it in your car as it may doesn't fit all cars airvents or doesn't fit properly and if it doesn't work for you, just return it, really easy with amazon's return policy.
You just have to test it for your vehicle or look for more reviews to confirm if it fits for your vehicle,
i am very happy with it, bought 2nd one so i don't have to carry it over from car to van all the time.
on 30 January 2015
This is one nicely designed and well made phone holder. I've tried many different before and none of them was that good. Yes, this option is pricey compared to other, but I spent well more on cheap options so in the end I could buy few of these.

I have iPhone 6 and Sony Xperia SP, both fits nicely, but I'd recommend it for vertical use and for phones with charger port on the bottom. It holds phones on horizontal position too, but just my preference, it feels more sturdy when used on vertical position. I think, with wider phone it could be even more important.

I also prefer vent mounted holders over window mounted, and here are few reasons why you might consider vent mounted holder:

First and most important- on summer time, phone gets very hot of navigation already, but on sunny day- when mounted on windshield, it may overheat very easy, I know there are some models with overheating problems. Haven't experienced critical overheating with my iPhone 5 before, but it was extremely hot and I almost couldn't touch it. So I bought one vent mounted phone holder last summer already, when travelled through Germany on July- the hottest time of the year, 5-6hours on autobahn in direct sunlight- about +35'C to +40'C, I was very happy I had phone mounted on vent and it was nicely cooled by air conditioner. Had no issues with phone overheating.

Another problem with windshield mounted holders are stableness- most of them are not sturdy construction and they moves a little bit when car moves, especially on poor surface, like M20, for example, with low profile tyres, phone vibrates constantly, very annoying.

And, maybe less important, but still- if you're using phone charger which has flexible spiral power cable, it pulls down phone when mounted on the window. For example, I have Griffin iPhone 5 charger, which, itself, is a brilliant piece of equipment- it's very durable and charges phone like from wall socket even when navigation is on, but it has very strong flexible spiral cable and it pulls my phone down, so vent holder is just better for me as it is right above my power supply and cable doesn't extend so much.

All that said, I wanted to point out, that this vent holder is best I used before and for me it is superior over all window mounted holders too.
review image review image review image
on 12 April 2015
Excellent .. Tied a few different holders over the years and all have been either to weak or to large .. This is small and holds an iPhone 6 plus without any issues
on 18 October 2014
The four rubber lugs on the rear of the product fall off when removing it from the air vent. The lugs fall off inside the air vent and are irretrievable. The missing lugs expose the four metal prongs that they cover; these prongs are insufficient to hold it in place, rendering it useless. This product has lasted less than a year.
on 14 January 2014
Positives:
Doesn't rotate too freely unlike other cheaper mounts
Locks into vents fairly well, even in an R56 Mini Cooper with its awkward shaped vents
Holds the phone securely
Gives good access to ports

Negatives:
The combined weight of the holder and the phone will more than likely cause your phone to drop/angle forward, unless you can wedge the positioned phone against your dashboard
Not really feasible to rotate between portrait and landscape if you wanted to (e.g. for sat nav)
Price - a subjective point, but surely this could have been half the listed price

Overall I'm reasonably happy, it replaced a Brodit pro-clip which just got in the way in my car, and reduces the bulk of the combined assembly. The design of my car means it's difficult to position this somewhere that the Y cable will stretch to, and therefore even with an extension it's obscured by my steering wheel. If you've got the place to position this in your car in full sight, it's probably worth getting.
review image review image review image review image
on 22 April 2015
Bought this about five months ago and have used it on an occasional basis. Had I written this review a few weeks back, it would have been a four/five star rating, but recently, the rubber covers for the vent prongs have started falling off and jamming into the vent - which isn't very good! Also, for those phone users who have the majority of buttons down one side of their device, then it can be difficult to fit - as the side of the unit can press against the phone buttons which can be rather awkward...
on 11 April 2015
Just occasionally you come across a product that is truly brilliant. This mount is small, beautiful (for what it is) solidly build and elegant. Clips strongly into the air vent and holds your phone securely. Does exactly what is says on the tin beautifully