5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Beautifully designed, Top Quality. Great Car Mount!
Wow! Amazing little device. Top quality materials and very clever design - it holds my iPhone perfectly in place. I bought mine from the Apple Store, but was so impressed I ordered a second one for my wife’s car.

Here’s why….

What is it?
--------------

Measuring just 2.5 inches long by an inch deep and weighing...
Published 12 months ago by John Ryan

3.0 out of 5 stars Good qaulity but unsure what sets it aside price wise
Published 12 months ago by Matt H

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Beautifully designed, Top Quality. Great Car Mount!, 15 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Kenu Airframe Portable Car Mount - Black/Grey (Wireless Phone Accessory)

Here’s why….

What is it?
--------------

Measuring just 2.5 inches long by an inch deep and weighing almost nothing, it’s a tiny little device, cleverly designed to hold your iPhone or Android phone firmly to the vent in your car. An absolute must have if you use a Tom Tom or similar navigation app. Difficult to explain, but you can slot your phone in with one hand, just push and slot it in place. Despite going over several bumps and winter pot-holes it’s been held firmly.

There’s lots of You Tube video reviews - just search for “Kenu Airframe review you tube”.

What’s good about it?
----------------------------

* Holds a massive range of phones firmly in place (see below)
* Works on almost any car (see a list below)
* Can be used to fix your phone one handed
* Top quality materials - very well built
* Very small, compact and well engineered

What’s not so good?
----------------------

* It is expensive. (But I've bought and binned 3 cheaper car mounts so far)

Will it work in my car?
---------------------------

I wanted to be sure so checked through the Amazon reviews, and the following were highly rated. After a while I decided it would fit just about every car on the planet, so gave up checking. Needless to say it works beautifully for me and the wife!

Astravan
VW Golf
VW Golf (2013)
VW Golf Mk5
VW Volkswagen Polo

Will it work with my phone?
----------------------------------

The following phones were quoted by other reviewers as having been held in place. The only negative comment was from one reviewer who thought it wouldn't be big enough to fit a Galaxy Note, but was fine for their Galaxy S2.

The Kenu website says it will fit any phone up to 4.8 inches in size.

Blackberry Z10
Galaxy S2
HTC One (in it's clear case)
HTC Sensation
iPhone 4
iPhone 4s
iPhone 5
iPhone 5s
Lumia 920
Nexus 4
Nexus 5 (with a slim spigen case)
Nokia Lumia
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sony Z1 (inc. case)

In conclusion
---------------

Beautifully designed, well engineered, it’s expensive compared to the cheaper options, but it works brilliantly.

Hope you found this review useful, do click below if it is.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good qaulity but unsure what sets it aside price wise, 18 Feb. 2014
This is a good quality product, not doubt. But after deciding 'not to buy cheap' and get this holder, which has recieved overall good reviews, I'm left wondering if it's worth the cost. It grasps my phone well... a bit too well really, it's a bit too hard to pull open to place your phone inside and you need to make sure you're holding the unit onto your airvent otherwise it will ping off. THis is a problem given you then need three hands. One to hold the unit in place, the other to pull it open and a third to place the phone inside!

It is not that well suited to phablets phones. I have an Experia Z1, which barely fits in. The unit has actually damaged my phone chassis due to this and the fact that it holds it so tight.

Another issue is that the unit swings about a bit. The much cheaper holder I bought when I had my iphone had an extension part that held the holder in place against the airvent housing to prevent movement. This is a minor issue but one that a much cheaper unit had already sorted. Would not recommened for the cost

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not without its flaws, 14 Jan. 2014
Length:: 1:49 Mins

Positives:
Doesn't rotate too freely unlike other cheaper mounts
Locks into vents fairly well, even in an R56 Mini Cooper with its awkward shaped vents
Holds the phone securely
Gives good access to ports

Negatives:
The combined weight of the holder and the phone will more than likely cause your phone to drop/angle forward, unless you can wedge the positioned phone against your dashboard
Not really feasible to rotate between portrait and landscape if you wanted to (e.g. for sat nav)
Price - a subjective point, but surely this could have been half the listed price

Overall I'm reasonably happy, it replaced a Brodit pro-clip which just got in the way in my car, and reduces the bulk of the combined assembly. The design of my car means it's difficult to position this somewhere that the Y cable will stretch to, and therefore even with an extension it's obscured by my steering wheel. If you've got the place to position this in your car in full sight, it's probably worth getting.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more suction cups, 23 Sept. 2014
555 "555" (555) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I use it for my iphone 5s with an otterbox defender case and this opens enough to hold it.
The jaws have an excellent grip thanks to a soft rubber inlay plus the spring on the jaw is so tough, that sometimes i have to put the phone in first and then mount it onto the airvent.
The base rotates and has slots for both thick and thin vent ribs, never had it fall out of any vent i used it in, tried this in my rover and couple transit and sprinter vans at work it did fit in all of them.
Bought it as it is recommended accessory by apple, even expensive it does a great job, is high quality made, really very compact and light, i carry it in my pocket sometimes and i barely notice it.
Finally don't need the suction crap anymore and have a full unobscured vision of the windscreen.
Tested it on iphone 4s, 5s and Sony Xperia U with and without cases and it had good firm grip on all of them, none of them fell out however bumpy the road was and the airframe didn't fell out of the vent either and the base never rotated by itself.
I do recommend these mounts, but test it in your car as it may doesn't fit all cars airvents or doesn't fit properly and if it doesn't work for you, just return it, really easy with amazon's return policy.
You just have to test it for your vehicle or look for more reviews to confirm if it fits for your vehicle,
i am very happy with it, bought 2nd one so i don't have to carry it over from car to van all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality product that does the job well, 16 Oct. 2014
This design is simple but it is very sturdy, attaches securely to the vent and because it's profile keeps it close to the vent makes for a very stable holder, even handling my Galaxy S3 with weighty case (though with this it is on the extreme limits of it's spring loaded arms, so be mindful if you have a large device). Yes it may appear expensive for it's size but it hasn't let me down yet which given the price of mobiles these days is an important factor. It's small size also means it will not attract the attention of theives who otherwise might go looking in the window for the phone.

One word of warning, there are pictures of very similar looking products on Amazon at much cheaper prices but looking at the reviews I'm not convinced they are selling the same type of product. Perhaps with more sales the cost and therefore the price of this device will come down; I for one was glad I paid a bit extra for this quality product. My only slight negative is that it could do with being able to extend to an even greater extent, given the size of phones in this day and age.

For anyone who like me doesn't want to obscure their view with a windscreen mount or isn't convinced by sticky dashboard devices, this is perfect. Would thoroughly recommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Didnt quite do what I wanted., 13 Oct. 2013
Ok, just be aware before you buy it - some car vents are fixed (the outer parts of the vent doesn't rotate or move) and some car vents do rotate (ie the outer part does move fairly freely)
You need to check this first.
I could not recommend this product if your car vents rotate, ie if the part of the vent you are clipping the Airframe to moves freely.
I clipped it on to my car vents and while it did stay on the vents my phone wasn't stable.
This in fairness was not the fault of the Airframe but was in fact caused by the vents themselves (Suzuki Grand Vitara) which are inclined to rotate if you touch them.
So if I tried to tap the phone (Lumia 520) the movement would be transferred to the vent and the screen would move.
So I removed the piece at the rear of the Airframe which clipped to the vents, small screw holds that on.
This allowed me to screw the Airframe to the dashboard so it became a permanent fixture.

It worked fine for a week or so and I was impressed but unfortunately I used a 4mm (M4) screw which did go through the hole in the centre of the Airframe but probably put too much pressure on the black plastic piece in the centre of the Airframe. The whole unit fell apart and I couldn't send it back as I had adapted it for a use it was not intended. My fault entirely.

So could I recommend it?
Yes - if your vents are fixed, ie they don't rotate.
If you are considering "adapting " the Airframe like I did to fix it too the dash permanently then use a smaller screw, a 3mm (M3) should do but be aware if it breaks its not covered by warranty.

Id say its great if your vents are fixed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for IPhone 5s, 18 Oct. 2014
A perfect minimal style product that securely holds my phone. I like that it is discreet and functional. I use it in my BMW X3 with my iPhone 5s and it looks great (mostly because I really only see the phone). The build quality is superb and clamps have internal rubber pads to not scratch my 5a sides.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality bit of kit, 6 Nov. 2014
I've been looking for a phone holder for a while without success. My dashboard is too textured for the suction variety and I didn't want a screen mounted one because I don't want to advertise to the world that my phone is in the car. So having looked at the possibilities I came across this one. Initially I was a bit reluctant to go with it because of the negative reviews, so I spent a bit of time checking my air vents to assess whether they would be strong enough. I have to say that I'm really pleased with this item. It fits my vents well and they show no signs of breaking as a result of this item.

This item is well packaged and I was quite taken aback by just how small the holder is, but as we know in life, size isn't always important. It feels well made and is quite a nice object to touch. The size of this unit keeps it discreet when it's not in use and it certainly doesn't advertise itself to the casual observer. Living a crime ridden country this is important to me!

The phone sits in it very nicely, I have a Galaxy S3 with a cover and it fits very well. The phone is solid once the car is moving with no rattles or shakes.

All in all I'm very happy with this and would heartily recommend it!

2.0 out of 5 stars A nice idea - but look at the image carefully and check your car!, 4 Jun. 2014
Steve (Worthing, West Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This product is a great idea and it is very well built (as it should be considering its cost) and it nicely fits my iPhone 5c even when it is in its case. But I do suggested that you research more than I did and confirm if this device will fit you car. It DOES NOT fit the vents of a current Audi A1 as has been previously suggested by another reviewer.

3.0 out of 5 stars One out of two......, 14 Nov. 2014
Bing (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I saw one of these in a work collegues car. He rated it highly. I had a good look at it and agreed it was a nicly made bit of kit. I bought one for my car (S max) and it works well. I agree with the other reviewers here about the vents that rotate, could be a problem for this unit but It itsnt a problem for the S Max, as once clipped onto the vent, the phone rests against the dashboard and hence doesnt move. I was suitibly impressed so much so, that I bought another one for my Wifes car (Audi A4). Upon opening the packet and rotating the holder to the desired position, the unit fell apart ! The spring loaded phone clamp came away from the part that clips onto the vents. Its a captive screw / nut, so I couldnt just tighten it back up. Returned and refund recieved. Excellent delivery and returns process from amazon. Interestingly, since buying this faulty one and recieving my refund, the price has gone up....... In all a reccomended buy, but my 3 stars due to a 50% success rate regards to quality.