5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality
I did hover over 'like' or 'love' because in a couple of ways I was disappointed but, the quality of the videos is very good indeed and I am very pleased with the result.
Published 11 months ago by David Marker

3.0 out of 5 stars camera will not angle down sufficiently
Published 10 months ago by tony kirk

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 27 Nov 2013
Disappointed that I can't, apparently, keep it in camera mode while plugged in and travelling. I would like the chance to take instant stills from time to time. However this is a minor point as I can review the video files later (as long as I bear in mind that after 3 and a half hours or so it starts to over record) and save anything of particular interest.
Also, the manual assumes that I have more knowledge than I have and that I know what certain technical terms mean.
Minor gripes though, an excellent product and very competetively priced.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fine, 6 Jan 2014
We had two long trips scheduled over the Christmas period,each of around 300 miles so bought this just as a sfety back up. The GPS works well and the picture quality is very good,found the even in my car with a fairly acute window angle I could fit behind and just below the rear view mirror,also with a little fiddle the cable could be inserted into the head lining and down/under the rubber door seal. So no wire can be seen,sadly have not been able to set the time/date as the battery life is terrible outside the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely superb, far better than my other dashcam which cost double!, 20 Feb 2014
This review is from: Nextbase InCarCam 402G Professional Car DVR Video Recorder (Electronics)
I can honestly say that this dashcam is absolutely superb and the video quality is far beyond my previous Blackvue DR500GW-HD which cost >£230 to the point where I am now going to replace the Blackvue with this Nextbase 402G.

The day and night video quality of this camera is just brilliant!

I highly recommend this product to all. The software available from the following link works perfectly with this camera and it is also brilliant.

Windows - [...]
Mac - [...]

3.0 out of 5 stars camera will not angle down sufficiently, 4 Jan 2014
Item is as described and will do the job required, however the power plug which is located on the top of the unit, is too long. When unit is stuck to the windscreen as suggested, the unit cannot by angled down properly because of the length of the power plug. The end of the plug is above the pivot point on the holder. If the windscreen is fairly upright then there is no problem, but most screens on modern cars are sloped to lessen drag. This will not allow the unit to be angled down properly as the top of the plug fouls the screen. Poor design, should have been tried in a modern car, then the problem would have been obvious to the fitter. I got around the problem be attaching the unit to the interior mirror, so it sits almost vertically. lucky I have a large interior mirror.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good camera, but with a design fault, 16 Aug 2014
Works well as a camera. Night views are reasonable, but don't bother with the infra-red; it just reflects and doesn't help with views at night. There is one thing I don't like: the positioning of the power input on the camera. Because almost all modern cars have windscreens at a fair incline (to reduce wind drag), when you insert the mini-usb connector to the camera, there is not enough room. The connector and cable are pushed hard against the screen. I was forced to buy a 90 degree mini usb adaptor (at extra cost) to get round this problem. It is a design fault.

I would have given this camera four stars, but the design fault should have been spotted during trials. Further, when I put a review on Nextbases's own website, mentioning this shortcoming, they didn't publish it. The only review showing is a five star one. Obviously, they do want anything negative to appear on their site. It would be better to be honest and publish all reviews.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 17 Feb 2014
This is a great product for the price. I am a driving instructor and I can use this both pointing outside the car and internally to show students what they should be doing. As I get hit in the rear three times a year, having a product like this to prove liability is a godsend. I bought the 32GB card to go with it and this gives me about a 5 1/2 hours at full HD before the product starts looping again.

Sometimes when an event happens such as going a bit too fast over a speed bump, a incident file is saved onto the card. It is therefore recommended that once a week if you check on the card and delete old files. There is a setting to adjust how sensitive the g sensor is, but I find that it only records big bangs such as potholes and crashes anyway so I am quite happy with the default setting.

I am currently saving up to buy 2 more, one for the rear and one to point internally so that I have three cameras running and I can make my own videos to teach students.

The only downside to this is that sometimes the product will freeze on you when going between recording and playing a recording on the screen. This isn't a big problem and I have never lost any videos that have been recorded; you just have to wait a while until you can the view it.
Quality is very good and you are quite capable of reading numberplates in the daytime. Nighttime vision is not as good as daytime and you can get a bit blurry but as its half the price of other products I personally think that it does a very good job for the price. If you're not moving around, you can still read numberplates at night time but sometimes the vibration of the car makes the image just that bit too blurry to read numberplates. Daytime driving however looks absolutely fine whether or not you're moving.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 10 Aug 2014
I've tried a few dash cams for my business vehicles this has to be the best yet ignore silly reviews of people with no idea.. This is by far the best believe me . And the hard wire kit saves wires running all around your vehicle
Buy it...richard

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good quality video, 7 Feb 2014
ive had this camera two weeks now and it does what i wanted it for! navigating through the options can be annoying at times, especially when wanting to view playback footage, but its pretty good when linking it to your pc.
Im a bit dissapointed how the motion sensor works, as while driving and pulling up to some lights is enough to stop recording (a likely time to be having a accident), the battery life is very poor, you literally get a minute to use it unplugged.

4.0 out of 5 stars 402G car cam, 10 Feb 2014
James Craig "James Craig" (Belfast) - See all my reviews
I've been using this camera for about a week now. Video recording is excellent - when it works. For some reason today it started acting up and even though it was showing that it was recording intermittently it actually wasn't. The micro SD card fitting is fiddly and its on the left of the camera - so therefore with a right hand drive car its away from you. I don't like having to remove the unit from the screen every time I want to replace the micro SD Card.
I'm awaiting advice from the Technical people. The rating above is purely on picture quality - as long as it records.
Manual is good and easy to understand.

Advice has now been received and in addition I noted a comment on another review - basically only use Class 10 micro SD cards. I haven't got this completely sorted as yet but certainly those recordings which have been made on Class 10 cards are really very good. I do have some Class 4 cards and these have been removed from the car and I await a delivery of class 10 cards so that I can be sure.

I've discovered a way of replacing the card without removing the camera from the screen - use the replacement card to push the old card in for release and then use the old car to secure the new card in place.

I particularly like the way that recordings played back on the supplied software show the route and also the vehicle speed. This could prove very helpful if I fall foul of the boys in blue.

17 05 14 - still using this product. It really is very good. The old adage - you get what you pay for - really is appropriate in relation to car cameras. I remove the recording card at the end of each day and download the footage to an external HDD. I then reformat the card and use again. I do have spare cards. I think the problems I experienced at the start of my use were due to using cards which were not Class 10. I now use these without problem. My only gripe is that the camera will only work with cards to a maximum of 32 GB. Now that 64 GB cards (I think I have seen some 128 GB cards) are commonplace and reasonably priced how about a firmware upgrade to permit the use of these higher capacity cards?

Excellent product - recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant dash cam, 23 April 2014
Need this for insurance purposes, and to catch stupid drivers, (caught a few already), makes me a better driver knowing it records my speed, would definitely recommend this to all drivers, nothing to dislike about this item, brilliant piece of kit.