on 2 December 2013
I purchased this game for a friend as a gift, he was very happy to receive it - he loves Star Wars.

The game is great to play, it is very long though, so perhaps this one is better for a Sunday afternoon/Monday morning...

The pieces inside are very good, I played as 'The Hutts' which were pretty cool.

There are pieces for the original risk game and there are extra bits for a newer game, involving the Death Star. We did not play this version, but I hope to be invited to soon.

If you are thinking about purchasing this as a game for a Star Wars fan, you won't be disappointed. This version contains the pieces from the original trilogy - great for the traditional fans.

I would also recommend this as a game for children, as it helps them to consider strategies and think ahead which has educational benefits.

Overall, this is a five star product.
on 25 February 2014
The game can be played in 3 different ways: Normal Risk (usual Risk rules on a beautiful Star Wars galactic map board), Star Wars Risk (special rules apply) and Teamplay Risk (regardless the setting you choose to play).
The board is extremely nice. Every territory is a planet of the Original Saga while the regions are formed by the cluster of planets of a specific galactic area (ie. Core or Outer Rim).
The rulebook is clear and complete of all informations even who never played a Risk game before can understand easily and fast to enjoy the game.
The Star Wars rules make the game very fun and strategic. Each of the three factions in game (Empire, Rebellion, and Hutts/Criminals) have different way for winning.
All the pieces are well made. The board is functional and nice to the eye, the plastic pieces are well designed (for a Risk game), the tokens look solid and are easy to recognise.
The best Risk game.
on 3 January 2014
Great game, my son was very happy with it. All the family were playing over Christmas, a must game, especially for the men!!
on 25 February 2014
My dad has always loved Star Wars and always makes us play Risk with him on family get togethers (especially Xmas) so this was a perfect gift for him. He thought it was a great novelty present.
A little caution as it is not exactly like risk and the rules are a bit more complicated.
on 8 January 2015
The game is a bit nerdy and the Empire team is a bit too strong if I got the instructions right... which took me like 2 hours!!!
but once you get it it's perfect for a strategic mind!
on 22 December 2013
Having new played Risk before but wanting to, I thought Star Wars Risk would be a good start. The game itself is very enjoyable to play and can even be played between 2 players (Star Wars version). The instructions, however, are very complex and if your like myself, wanting just to play the Star Wars 2 player version, you have to keep flicking back in the instruction booklet... Good game and having only paid £9.99 for it I'm a happy bunny..
on 15 January 2015
Ehhhh ... the Star Wars element kind of spoils the Risk game. It gets too complicated and is neither one thing nor the other. The kids got sick of it after a few plays.
on 29 December 2014
Bought for my 11 year old grandson for xmas. He and his 3 uncles played it for 6 hours before running out of time.He and they loved it.
on 3 January 2014
This is the best version of risk and I am so pleased it has been re-released! Can't wait to play it.
on 26 December 2013
Bought this for my teenage son for Christmas. A bit more complicated than normal risk but good fun, although I'm not sure if anyone can beat the Empire