‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars doubleback Evolution of r&b, 11 July 2013
Jesus Christ my boy Joe has delivered AGAIN.............time after time he comes through when ever I think he can not do any better than the last album he comes through and knocks it out the park without even looking back. love love love this album infact this may well be my all time favourite and tract 11 cant stop playing. off the chain. thank you thank you thank you, from me a Queen I salute you my King xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, 22 Aug 2013
I'm a big fan of Joe and had all his early albums (the first 5). I thought he had lost his way a bit over the last 5 yrs, although some of his later albums have had good tracks. He hadn't (in my opinion) produced anything to rival his second album " All that I am" until now.

Folks, 'Doubleback" is his finest effort since those earlier days. The tracks will have your head nodding the moment you hear them. This is quality throughout. Some songs need a few listens, but overall I don't think there's a rotten track on the whole album.

I absolutely love it & I've been playing it religiously ever since I've put it into my CD player. This is true R&B at its best, for people who remember what good soul music is all about. If you're a real Joe fan, you really can't afford to miss this.
Well done JOE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Sexy Smooth is Doubleback, 9 July 2013
R. HUGHES-BORNELLEI "RHI" (Essex, UK) - See all my reviews
The much anticipated 10th album for Joe entitled "Doubleback: Evolution Of R&B" is an immense statement in itself. The title alone says exactly what the album is...an evolution into real R&B music. I bought this album on import for the 10th album to add to Joe's collection and I could not wait to play it. I actually waited until late at night to play it, seeing as I was busy throughout the day. This album incorporates some uptempo track beats with solid R&B and Soul elements that R&B lovers can relate to. This is bringing back real R&B 100%. Joe has really impressed on this album, and this is by far a masterpiece of an album that he has produced with some great other talents taken on for the project.

When i pressed play and the first track, "Something For You" started i was all like, "this isn't Joe! I know Joe's vocal ability extremely well being a 19 year supporter, so i could tell that his vocals have become even finer and stronger than it already was. It was a very pleasant surprise indeed. This track has an amazing fiery oomph of a start to it and quite frankly i rewound the first 25 seconds four times until i let the track continue. "This track really is a smooth soulful number to listen to with the way it begins."

Throughout the album there are some sweet tasting musical and lyrical surprises to boot, what with "1 to 1 Ratio," "Doubleback," "Mary Jane," "Magic City," and "Baby" being my top favourites with "Something For You," and of course the #1 introduction single to the album, "I'd Rather Have A Love" - I just see us together *day dreaming*.

"Love & Sex" is also another strong song to my liking, featuring the powerful vocals of Fantasia Burrino. This was a great collaboration for this particular song. Joe definitely picks his collaborations very well so you know he's rooted in his game very well.. Joe is a definite romantic for doing this song. It just shines so much and the meaning is strong and on point.

Joe really took this Doubleback project seriously and stripped it down naked to what real R&B must be. This is what we all needed from an artist who can truly sing and put out the lyrics and production how it should be done and heard. Joe is perpetual and my love for him as an individual and his music is also perpetually true in high and genuine forms.

Overall, this album comes as a major and divine contentment to my ears. This is a masterpiece of an album, and it is about time he received a BET Award for his 20 years of experience and efforts towards the music he produces, the way he sings so wonderfully well, the lyrics he writes, and as well as his long standing poise in the music industry. For me, this is Joe's best album to date. I knew it was gonna be a banger by the way he talked about it. Gosh, i love this man to bits, and God has continually blessed his ability and poise to carry on and get better and better with his game every time.

Well Done to my boy Joe for an amazing 10th album.The best album to date!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Under-rated singer, 30 July 2013
This review is from: Doubleback: Evolution of R&B (MP3 Download)
Time and time, Joe Thomas has come back when people have written him off. Hip Hop & RNB has become pop/mainstream music, so it's hard to keep up with the architects of that sound unless you are a purist. Doubleback falls in the category of ALL THAT I AM, his sophomore that saved his career and announced this fine crooner as a sensual singer. Although this album doesn't sound like an evolution to RNB, but more like a throwback, stripped contemporary Soul (the album cover picture and colour is a giveaway), it does stand out in today's spectrum.

Miguel has reminded people what this genre should sound like, Tyrese - Ginuwine - Tank want to do the same. Joe is back to the basics and songs like the lead single "I'd rather have love" or "Mary Jane" - my favourite so far - are proof of it. As far as uptempo tracks, "Compromise" is a perfect number and "1 to 1 ratio" is ideal for lounge bars or soundtrack to your barbecue or Sunday dinner.

All been said, I feel that DOUBLEBACK is superior that his last 3 previous efforts - THE GOOD, THE BAD & THE SEXY / SIGNATURE / NEW MAN - but a step in the right direction. As far as evolution goes, sometimes one has to take a step back before jumping forward. He is done exactly that...

5.0 out of 5 stars good cd, 22 Oct 2013
my husband bought this who is a big fan of joe,this album did not disappoint,he is ahappy man,amazon again are brill at there delivery,because my husband finds it difficult to get the music he wants so I strongly recommend amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Joe Thomas, 15 Oct 2013
Dmtembo "Musonda" (Scotland,UK) - See all my reviews
The main man in R&B today and forever!!!Joe is getting better with age and his music is just great.Keep up the great work Joe.It is hard to fault such great talent.This man is a gift to the world of R$B music and it is hard to imagine the music genre surviving without him.I play this record all the time in my car ,phone or house stereo.He is everywhere.Joe is keeping to the type of music he is good at.Donnell Jones could learn a lesson from him.I have all of Joe work.What a man!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 9 Oct 2013
This is one of those albums that you buy and hope its going to be like the old days and it was!

5.0 out of 5 stars smooth sound of joe, 15 July 2013
This review is from: Doubleback: Evolution of R&B (MP3 Download)
this sould be a good album as this artist as never failed to impress in his music this will be as good as all the rest

5.0 out of 5 stars Joe CD, 28 Jun 2014
Joe is one of my all time singer and he never let me down the CD is outstanding lovely song

Thanks

4.0 out of 5 stars The one and only Joe Thomas, 27 Jun 2014
Words cannot compare of how much I enjoy listening to Joe's heavenly sensitive and melodic vibes. Will always be number 1 in my heart and ears! Keep the faith Joe x

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›