I bought this for a trip to Namibia and it proved to be pretty useful - up to date and accurate. It could be more detailed though. There is plenty of stuff in both covered countries to warrant guide in their own right.

Published 4 months ago by BruceBoomstick

2.0 out of 5 stars Much worst than usual LP books
This guide has no information about several aspects, like history of the country, its people, communities and geography, its main feastures, don't leave home without...is very poor. I was quite disapointed.
Compared with many other LP guides that I used in the past, this one is much poorer.
Published 21 months ago by Odete Patricio

4.0 out of 5 stars ... a trip to Namibia and it proved to be pretty useful - up to date and accurate, 3 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Lonely Planet Botswana & Namibia (Travel Guide) (Kindle Edition)

My biggest criticism of LP guides is that they do like to scare you half to death with tales of scams and street crime - this one is no exception (be sensible is all you need to do in most places!).

All in all though this is handy guide for reading in transit and when trekking - it gives you a good idea about what to expect without giving away any "spoilers"

Not much else to say other than buy this book and go to Namibia!

2.0 out of 5 stars Much worst than usual LP books, 28 Aug. 2013
Odete Patricio (Porto, Portugal) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but not a great deal of detail, or extensive, 28 Nov. 2013
I was a bit disappointed with the LP guide to Botswana & Namibia. Our holiday was solely in Boswana and so obviously not too interested in the Namibia portion. A lot of the information in the book seemed to focus on the lodges and accommodation and not a lot of extensive information about much else. Botswana is quite a specialist place to go, with a relatively low number of visitors, however there should be a better quality book available.

4.0 out of 5 stars African Adventurers, 18 Aug. 2013
This is a good book for finding suitable accomodation, restaurants etc, but I found I wanted to buy the Thomas Cook guide as well to give me more general information about the country itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable in planning my Okavango trip, 15 Feb. 2014
Invaluable in planning my Okavango trip with advice on tour operators + places to stay at a reasonable price. Many thanks

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 19 Feb. 2015
Very little info on namibia. Get the bradt one instead. I got both and this was not useful

5.0 out of 5 stars Best time ever, 8 Aug. 2013
I used Namibia Adventure for my Trip to Namibia, Namibia Adventure was exceptional and catered for my every need. Josef my driver was fantastic and extremely knowledgeable. I can highly recommend if you want a once in a lifetime African experience use Namibia Adventure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 20 Jun. 2014
I found the Lonley Planet Botswana and Nambia (Travel Guide) extremely useful when I was travelling around Botawana and Nambia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lonely Planet, 20 Dec. 2013
Just waht i expected with the addition of info on Victoria falls. As always excellent and reliable guide for our holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Jan. 2015