on 14 August 2013
I wanted to read more about Crimzon and Clover and it was interesting to hear how the relationship began. However, I found the book annoying as it jumped about all over the place and was really a series of very short stories about them, rather than anything meaningful. The book doesn't even explain how they came to build their castle or their first interaction with the aliens, so all in all rather disappointing.
on 17 August 2013
I dislike giving negative feedback, but with Crimzon and Clover, I have to be perfectly honest as I'd hate to think other people purchased this book because they thought everyone enjoyed it.

It's actually a collection of short(abrupt)stories. The heroine, Clover, is not a typical heroine. In fact, after the first two short stories, I disliked the character.

The stories themselves are disjointed, with no explanations for outcomes. Crimzon and Clover get into an adventure, they overcome, end of! Small reasons for the outset of the altercations, and once the battle ends, that's it! Off they disappear!

The language is also confusing. I'm not sure who the tales are aimed at. Are they meant for children with a lot of knowledge that's totally unsuitable, or for adults with the mental capacities of the average 10 year old?

I suppose if readers need short fillers for that trip into work, or while sitting in a waiting room, then these stories might be ok. If you like your Fantasy stories to have depth, decent dialogue, and engaging heroes, then give these books a miss.
on 29 July 2013
This is an amazing compilation of short fantasy stories. If you're already a fan of this author, then you'll be familiar with the characters. If not, you'll be in for an impressive journey of storytelling. These are well crafted thrilling fantasy tales that will not fail to impress.

If you're into dragons, fantasy worlds, magical journeys and action packed adventures, this collection of short stories will not disappoint. I cannot praise this author enough for his creative and productive writing style.

As I said, these are a well crafted exhilarating fantasy tales. These captivating and gripping short stories had me engaged from the beginning. I only wished that they were longer in length as I am used to this authors' epic adventures. Nevertheless, he delivered as usual.

A highly recommended read and looking forward to seeing what's coming next from this talented writer.
on 2 September 2013
This is not a novel, but presented as five short stories, all of the same dragon from his babyhood onward, and the girl who helps him initially then becomes his companion. Having said that, I enjoyed each story, each of which followed a reasonable time progression. I have a liking for dragons as heros, and Crimzon is in this genre. Definitely a fantasy, but enjoyable. As to the girl, she is stated to be lucky, a luck which sometimes gets her out of situations, but the author makes it plain in his writing that luck is going to play a significant part in getting his fiesty heroine out of many of her scrapes. But she comes across as loyal and courageous, which made her (at times) outrageous luck acceptable, to me at any rate. If you can forgive her luck, like dragons, fantasy and a simpler world where swords and arrows, plus some magic reigns, you'll probably enjoy this.
on 8 April 2014
Great read. Love fantasy and anything dragon so really cant go wrong. I am now reading the dragoneers bokks which follow on from these -so there is plenty od mileage in these stories.
on 15 May 2014
i did enjoy this collection and would recommend it to anyone who likes a good fantasy story as it has all the ingrediants you could ever want
on 25 August 2013
will read many time over it is simple and very much and escape from the mandarin world of today just what you want to lose your self with
on 23 May 2014
Most enjoyable. The compendium caught my attention from the start and kept me entertained to the end, leaving me wanting to read more.
on 16 June 2014
Would recommend these books to anybody that likes reading fantasy a really good read able to get totally lost in this fantastic Saga
on 10 August 2014
This a little breakdown of our hero 's. Lives before thet come into the first of the series the Dragoneerer good