5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book
Published 8 months ago by Peace

1.0 out of 5 stars fraud
I bought this book on the recommendation of a family member. I read that the author was a 'functional neurologist' so i assumed he was a neurologist and bought the book. Turns out the author is some sort of alternative medicine 'doctor'. Don't know where he got his 'degrees' but the author has missed out on basic scientific literacy.

Before buying this book...
Published 4 months ago by A. Lister

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 10 Nov 2013
I am hypothyroid. I had my thyroid removed after having a multinodular goitre for many years. I suffered from brain fog and my memory was slowly getting worse. I would walk into a room and could not remember what I went to look for. I was having difficulty stringing my thoughts and sentences together. Reading and analysing complex text which I do as part of my job was becoming impossible. I am only on my early 40s. After I started reading this book and followed the recommendations I no longer suffer from brain fog. My memory and mind is so much sharper. I would highly recommend this book. Particularly to those with thyroid issues. Very important and useful book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Detailed understanding, 23 Nov 2013
This review is from: Why Isn't My Brain Working? (Kindle Edition)
Completely gob-smacking, I knew I needed to reduce grains (also reading Wheat Belly - W Davis and Grain Brain - D Parlmutter)
but this book is truly mind -blowing, shakes-up all the information that has been provided over the years about putting grains on top of the food pyramid - I was aware that it was wrong but not the why... Still reading- yes, lots to read but I found I needed to read all the logic behind the rationale.

5.0 out of 5 stars best book I have read on the subject, 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: Why Isn't My Brain Working? (Kindle Edition)
excellent book really helpful would recommend it very highly to anyone worried about their memory or ability to learn new things at any age

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent (especially about autoimmunity), 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Why Isn't My Brain Working? (Kindle Edition)
Great book. One of the best books on autoimmunity with ideas and strategies to avoid flare ups. I would read anything by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars mind blowing..., 18 Jan 2014
D. Zoll - See all my reviews
I don't think that's too cute a review title for this book.
It's certainly got me thinking differently about my brain's output.
It reinforces and expands on a belief that's been growing in me for a few years which is that we have a lot more control than we like to believe over how our bodies function.
Reaching for a pair of shoes to put on and go for a walk rather than a prescription from the gp puts some responsibility for our own health squarely at our own feet.

The author believes we can reduce (without a Herculean effort) the number of senior moments we may be experiencing.

There are some really very basic things we do in the way we live our lives that can be adapted... like gargling to improve gut motility!

Before we lament the 'inevitable' deterioration of our brains as we edge into old age we owe it to ourselves to find out what makes this organ happy.

I've found dipping into Kharrazian's book has been really positive and provides information that confirms there's a point to being optimistic.

The book is bigger than a housebrick; chockful of case studies which i wasn't keen on at first (anecdotal nonsense: merely page fillers) but after reading a few and finding I share some of the symptoms mentioned in the case studies... I'm changing my mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 July 2014
Brilliant book that does exactly what it says on the cover. Very easy to read. Brilliant patient examples that I could instantly relate to. I want to find a practitioner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended to everybody, 8 July 2014
Datis Kharrazian books are always great. I cant wait for his next one.
Why isnt my brain working? has lots of information about how your brain works and how to take care of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top of the top, 28 April 2014
This review is from: Why Isn't My Brain Working? (Kindle Edition)
For few quid what this book contains is worth more than all pharmaceutical offering together, this book top quality of tops pure useful and easy to apply knowledge with many good reasoning and very good advices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great information contained in this book!, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Why Isn't My Brain Working? (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book which describes so well the functional medicine approach to healthcare and the amazing results that can be achieved when the physician treats the whole person and not just the disease!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is really interesting!!, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Why Isn't My Brain Working? (Kindle Edition)
I'm really enjoying this book, as someone who has ms it helps me to understand things a lot better than if I wasn't reading it.

Why Isn't My Brain Working?
Why Isn't My Brain Working? by Datis Kharrazian