5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes in every way
These shoes are light and easy to run in. I am on my third pair and purchased them originally to help improve my foot posture.
And they have helped in this respect.
Moreover, I have experienced improvements in my running times since I started wearing the New Balance and feet generally more comfortable. Totally sold on these.
They are great shoes and I...
Published 12 months ago by J. Howson

1.0 out of 5 stars A thorn in the Minimus range
Published 7 months ago by James Matthews

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes in every way, 2 July 2014
J. Howson (Hertford, UK) - See all my reviews
And they have helped in this respect.
They are great shoes and I thoroughly recommend to anyone looking for a light weight shoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, once your leg muscles have adapted., 5 April 2015
I have lumbar spondylosis, my bottom two vertebrae are both slipped. This causes sciatica, lower back pain and sometimes pain down my leg into my right knee. After sustaining a further back injury at work over a year ago I couldn't run without pain. I was recommended by a physio to adopt the barefoot running style, and given a DVD on the Pose method of running.

I started running barefoot style using regular Brooks running shoe's, and after the initial month the post run lower leg muscle aches were gone. I also no longer suffered any back pain while running, and I could run for longer.

14 months on and I bought these New Balance minimus. There was a warning that they'd need to be gradually incorporated into your training to avoid injury. I ignored this as I'd been running barefoot style for over a year. However, after my first 30 minutes run with these I was left with my legs in agony! Clearly these put a lot more emphasis on the lower muscles of the lower leg than the Brooks did with their much more cushioned sole. This meant that over the last six weeks I did have to gradually introduce them. The last five days I've ran daily with these and there's no muscle ache at all, but it did take about four weeks to build the muscles up to running with only these shoes.

Once you are up and running, excuse the pun, these are incredibly comfy to run. They are perfect for a barefoot running style, and I love the light weight. You don't want to step on any stones with these though, as much like the very leftfield Vibram toe footwear the soul is very thin.

One other thing, I had to send my first pair back as they were too small, so I'd recommend getting a half size larger than what you normally wear. I'm an 8.5 and ordered a 9 which fit perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking all rounder, 5 Sept. 2014
I'm a UK 10 so had to go a half size up. Fit perfectly now. Plenty of toe box room and the grip has been great on most trails. Not tested on very loose / mud yet. Comfortable enough to wear sockless and as a casual trainer. Also feel good for shorter (under 10k) on tarmac too. A great all rounder for the minimalist / natural running enthusiast!

1.0 out of 5 stars A thorn in the Minimus range, 27 Nov. 2014
I bought these as a replacement for the Minimus Hi-Rez (barring durability, the greatest pair of shoes you'll ever own) as they dad holes in the soles after barely any use, so I wanted a minimus shoe that was more durable, and also something that could be used on trails. I have previously owned minimus shoes with a 4mm drop, but these shoes, although sharing the same drop, are far too rigid to benefit from the barefoot style. The insole, unlike other minimus shoes, is not a comfy fit, and must be worn with socks, unless you want endless amounts of blisters due to the atrocious insole. I don't know what material they used, but it's slippy and just plain uncomfortable.
I would not recommend these shoes, rather stick to other minimus shoes, such as the standard road shoes or the hi-rez ( if you can afford to replace them often ). As for trail shoes, I'd advise you to look elsewhere as these will only dissapoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 19 April 2015
I bought some others because they didn't fit, You will need a full size up. I'm a 9 and 10 is perfect fit. The shoes are Like wearing slippers when you put them on. Its very odd to start with as you can feel every twig , stone and piece of debris . I like that, although it's a bit painful sometimes but have enough protection to not yelp . I ran the furthest I've ever ran the second run I did in them and everything was fine. You have to concentrate heavily on your form and footfall which makes running a better challenge . treadmills and roads are boring when you can hit the trails. You need to forefoot run in these, you cannotnwear these if you heel strike.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last a shoe with sufficient toe room., 26 Jun. 2014
Prior to this pair I had ordered a UK size 10. I take a size 10 in all shoes I buy from UK shops. Happily a UK size 11 fits a treat. I'm in these New Balance Vibram trail running shoes. I really love them, what a joy it is to what around in these shoes. Buy them, but buy a size larger than your usual size. They can be machine washed at low temperature which is great. So pleased I've ordered and begun wearing the vibram five finger shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars love them, 18 Aug. 2014
I was a bit sceptical about buying this type of trainer but one of my friends owned a pair and encouraged me to just go for it.
I am not disappointed. They fit really well and I feel more in contact with the ground. I have used them for cycling, gym and general walking around.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shoes!, 16 Sept. 2014
Bought these for using the gym, really grippy and lightweight. Exactly what I wanted for weightlifting, bit of extra room round the toes than expected which might be an issue if you plan on running in them.

5.0 out of 5 stars love these, 28 July 2014
I had to send them back and go down a size compared to my last pair.
But once you get the size right these are wonderful
Barefoot or with socks, super comfy for walking, running or as a gym shoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits like a glove... But its a shoe!, 14 July 2014
Amazon Customer (GREENFORD, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought these because I needed a decent pair of running shoes, I prefer walking barefoot or in low shoes so this I thought was a perfect choice... I was correct. The shoes are very light and wearing socks seems to make them feel a bit clunky so I forgo socks and have not had one blister or abrasion from them of any kind. I have a rather wide foot and the shoe seems to fit it quite well with more than ample room in the toe area.
They do lose grip slightly when wet so don't go over any massive rocks or logs in the damp however for general usage on tracks and trails they work very well.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›