1,794 Reviews
 (1,146)

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding
What a book. It is some time since I have read a John Grisham, Mainly because I had pretty much read them all. When I fell across this one in the library I grabbed it and read it as soon as I got home. Now I started it on Saturday night and spent ally day Sunday reading it. I was actually planning on working on my website rather than reading, so that will show you how...
Published 8 months ago by Wendy Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars The writing is fine, but it feels like John Grisham is writing ...
Unfortunately not a return to form in my eyes. There is only so interesting a probate case can be, and the first half of the book is spent building background on the characters with nothing much actually happening. The writing is fine, but it feels like John Grisham is writing this with it being made into a film in mind. I found it quite slow paced and it was clear what...
Published 8 months ago by SK

‹ Previous | 147 48 49180 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Grisham winner, 7 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
John Grisham is a master story teller and he's pulled another winner out of his hat. Couldn't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book., 6 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
All I hoped for and more. John Grisham at his best. It was lovely to be revisit characters from his
previous novel, 'A Time to Kill'. More like this please John!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grisham at his finest., 6 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I have read and enjoyed all Grisham's work and this is the best so far. Just read it, get engrossed. 5 stars are not enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars This was the first book I had read by this author and will definately read more., 6 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
The mystery around why Seph decided to re-write his will, the actions of his family and all the court room dirty dealings made this a compelling read. The evidence from Ancil provided a graphic insight into the deep south's history which was very sad but enlightening. A very good read

5.0 out of 5 stars A real good read, 5 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
As per usual Grisham follows on with another top novel. It was a gripping story. Can not wait until the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars predictable but well written, 5 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I figured earl on where this story was leading, but I still enjoyed the telling of the tale. it could have been pared down a bit though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Grisham tevisited, 5 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I havent read J Grisham for some time. A Time To Kill was exceptional. I heard Sycamore Row reviewed on BBC Radio 2 drive time. I ordered it on kindle and struggled to put it down, it felt familiar but new, Grisham at his best, if there was another like this I would snap it up, I prefer the small town lawyer than the corporate. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Another one to re read., 5 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I love Grisham and this book is up there with all the others. Brigance is a great character among so many others. Next one. ?

4.0 out of 5 stars Always a winner, 5 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
He knows his stuff does John Grisham - sometime I felt there was a little bit too much detail and wanted him to get on with the story, But, my goodness it's a thumping good read,. Editors say to writers "don't make iteasy". John Grisham paints himself into a corner and you wonder how he's going toget himself out ... he always does - brilliantly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 5 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I loved it. The writing was exceptional and I couldn't put it down...... a real page turner.
Great story that gets you thinking!!

‹ Previous | 147 48 49180 | Next ›

Sycamore Row (Jake Brigance Book 2)