5.0 out of 5 stars Maeve Binchy
I have, over the years read all Maeve's books, so consequently had to have this one. I really enjoyed reading all about her earlier life. I am sure I am not alone in saying how much we miss her...... Rest in peace Maeve.
Published 22 months ago by James Gardiner

3.0 out of 5 stars which I have always enjoyed reading by her
I didn't know what to expect when I got this book. I thought maybe it was one she had written just before she'd died and was published posthumously. However, it is a collection of newspaper articles and short stories that Maeve had written over her whole career. So, instead of being a story, which I have always enjoyed reading by her, you find out more about Maeve, the...
Published 12 months ago by lapal25

5.0 out of 5 stars Maeve Binchy, 1 Oct. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Maeve, 30 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Maeve's Times (Kindle Edition)
I was reading Maeve's articles long before she published her first book and could not wait for Saturday to read her latest Irish Times column. This selection is a little gem of articles full of the wit and wisdom we come to expect from her. It's almost like she was talking directly to you, the reader, as is her inimitable style. A book you can dip in and out of and one which all her fans will enjoy. Loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars another brilliant book!!!, 27 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Maeve's Times (Kindle Edition)
Just when I thought there would be no more writing from the wonderful Maeve B, along comes this book.
An absolute must for all Maeve Binchy fans! Couldnt put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars The final chapter, 31 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Maeve's Times (Kindle Edition)
I did not want this book to end because I knew there would be no more. It seemed a fitting end to an amazing list of marvellous reads. I have read everything Maeve wrote and feel so sad that I can no longer look forward to her next book. R.I.P. Maeve Binchy we love and miss you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Maeve Binchy at her best., 4 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Maeve's Times (Kindle Edition)
Short stories that can easily be related to, amusingly written. A very readable book with interesting thoughts on everyday occurrences.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting, 23 Sept. 2013
Laura Maenpaa (Helsinki, Finland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maeve's Times (Hardcover)
Gives you good ideas where Maeve Binchy got her ideas for all her wonderful works. How the world has changed in Ireland!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Goodbye to Maeve Binchy, 6 Oct. 2013
Dorothy "MDM" (Co. Down N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maeve's Times (Audio CD)
I have always been a fan of Maeve Binchy. I loved her books, especially the earlier ones. I loved her style of writing, and admired her fantastic imagination and her ability to involve you in her characters. I had an open mind regarding "Maeve's Times" I had no high expectations and was very pleased when I listened to it. She shares her early life at school and the pressures on her to do well in the Leaving Cert exams as she was the eldest in the family. She got two honours, and surprisingly only a pass in English. There are hilarious stories of her time as a teacher, and her early experiences as a writer for the Irish times. She shares her ideas for "would be writers" to get started writing by developing the habit of writing just the way you speak. Indeed that was just her style, don't stop and think and think, say it aloud and then put it on paper. She also comments on current affairs of various times and again I found it interesting to get her slant on them. My favourite parts were various stories of people she had either met or had observed, some of them made me laugh out loud. I feel that this final book is a very fitting tribute to her and I am grateful that her husband, Gordon Snell, made this possible. It is certainly different from her story books, but it is just Maeve, and I for one enjoyed this book I will miss her and will cherish her fabulous books.

5.0 out of 5 stars More Please, 7 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Maeve's Times (Kindle Edition)
I rarely laugh out loud when reading but Maeve's brilliant summing up of situations almost always giving them a very humourous twist had me giggling with delight. Please could we have more from her writings! I grew up when she did and , therefore, can appreciate the ambience she describes with such accuracy but feel this collection will appeal to readers of all ages.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great read for maeve binchy fans., 17 Sept. 2013
Sarah Moorin "Lon chaney" (leeds,uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Maeve's Times (Kindle Edition)
I bought this in W.H.Smith half price i've always loved maeve binchy writing and remember reading my first maeve binchy circle of friends years ago as a teen.I love how she wrote about how really people and they feelings and this book show you how her writing style first started.She started writing first for the irish times in the sixties when her father sent some of her writing to the paper and from they started writing a column for the paper about her hoilday and life this carried on and off writing for the paper till her death.I really enjoyed reading this it was like reading a book of short stories and you could really see her style of writing coming out.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 7 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Maeve's Times (Kindle Edition)
just like all her books a great read recomend this for any one to read couldnt put it down till it was finished

Maeve's Times