5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, fun and does what it says!
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed
Published 19 months ago by Sara Murcott

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed, 8 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Lucy The Dog (Toy)
This arrived much quicker than expected - was due in 1-2 months and came in a couple of weeks. Had a nightmare trying to find it in various shops but came up trumps with Amazon. Daughter over the moon with receiving it and generally it's gone down well, but it took a bit of sussing to get the voice recognition to work. It now recognises my daughter's voice and not mine, but we got there eventually. It seems to recognise most commends but can't seem to cope very well with all of them. You do have to speak clearly, keep surrounding noise to a minimum and don't move around when you speak. Maybe we still need to work on the intonation but I'm not sure that me or my 7 year old really have the patience to keep working at it. Be interested to hear how others get on as I guess it's just starting to land on doorsteps ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute, fun and does what it says!, 27 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Lucy The Dog (Toy)
My 5 year old daughter spotted Lucy the dog on a tv advert. She was instantly sold and since receiving the toy she hasn't been disappointed. After reading other reviews, I was a little concerned that the voice commands would be a problem. Sometimes it appears that Lucy is not hearing, but my daughter, whose speech can sometimes be quiet and a little muffled, can still get her to perform the basic commands of "sit", "bark" and "hello". It's encouraging to see my daughter working at pronouncing her commands loudly and clearly. When voice commands fail, there are three easy to feel buttons (nose, ear and back) which activate all of Lucy's functions. We're very pleased with Lucy.

3.0 out of 5 stars Awesome when she works, 28 Dec. 2014
Peanut (Falkirk, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lucy The Dog (Toy)
I bought this after being begged by my daughter. Lucy is quite cute and when you have the patience to set her up and she decides to work, she is great fun!! However as you need to be very precise with your commands it's a hit or miss whether she works or not. Also sometimes she misbehaves and decides not to listen, she will do a command once and ask in the same way again and she just won't do it. As a result Lucy has been sitting in a corner unplayed with for a few months. It's such a shame as she cost £40 and if she worked all the time she would be a much loved toy but my 5 year just doesn't have the patience for her. It also gets very irritating as parent hearing "Lucy, Lucy, Lucy" said over and over again trying to get her to respond. Awesome when it works.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great while it works!, 29 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Lucy The Dog (Toy)
Bought Lucy as a Christmas gift for my 8 year old daughter. She had been nagging and asking for this since early November (I wanted to buy the superior Zoomer the Dog instead). Lucy actually exceeded my expectations (at first). The voice recognition is surprisingly good (although it needs near-total quiet in the background) and the tricks are cute. My daughter fell instantly in love. It is quite power-hungry so the demo-only batteries that come with it are soon dead. We bought chargeable AAs to let her play with Lucy at day and charghe them at night. Alas, five days after Christmas - Lucy was dead. Well, not quite dead...more epileptic. She whined a strange high-pitched whine and the hind-legs stuttered, repeatedly (like a plastic machine gun). No amount of cajoling and battery changes did the trick so we had to return her and get our money back. Unfortunately, there were no more Swedish-language Lucys available (until April!) so my daughter is now very distraught and utterly dog-less. So, hard to know what to say. It is a great toy (don't believe the 1-star reviews, I reckon they didn't know to switch from DEMO to ON or that you should say "Lucy" first and then, after she barks, the command) - but, for us at least, it didn't even last a week.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lucy The Dog, 14 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Lucy The Dog (Toy)
My Granddaughter love it. Unfortunately Lucy the dog love to hear her Daddy's voice not my Granddaughter cos he is trying to sertting it up. Rather hard work to solve it. Thanks for quickly delivery it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 31 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Lucy The Dog (Toy)
What a complete waste of money. Doesn't follow commands as stated. Looks cheap. Was played with for about one hour and never been seen again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Overall good toy, 4 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Lucy The Dog (Toy)
This dog is brill! My toddler loves Lucy and although she can't talk to give Lucy her demands she loves for me to do it and Lucy also has buttons which she presses that also make her do various things. The only two things I would say is I wish Lucy could actually walk, she does so much but can't even take a step is a little bit disappointing for the price you pay, my little girl would love for her to walk! The other thing is I'm not sure about Lucy's dancing! Can't say it looks much like dancing, obviously totally oblivious to my daughter but is quite a laugh for adults!!

3.0 out of 5 stars ok not not great as dont respond properly when commanding it, 6 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Lucy The Dog (Toy)
Good but doesn't always respond when you command it. It also doesn't stand on it head even when a grown up try to command it instead it just moves back and forth on the spot and you have to push it over to get it to do it and push on it back end to put it back up right hence why gave stars I have

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of fun, 19 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Lucy The Dog (Toy)
My daughter wanted this from the moment she saw it on the tv advert so purchased it for Christmas.
It was a bit of a pain to set up but once it was done a lot of fun has been had playing with it by both my daughters as well as adult relatives.
Lovely toy.

4.0 out of 5 stars cute little dog that realy does do as it says, 24 April 2015
This review is from: Lucy The Dog (Toy)
I love this however my daughter had trouble getting this to respond to her commands as you have to have quite a firm voice so I ahd to do it and now it only moves on my commands which is sooo funny, does lots of loveely little tricks

Lucy The Dog