on 31 July 2013
I decided to add an extra module to my Netatmo system to monitor the air quality in our bedroom and next our newborn's bed, as it's good for the baby's health. With the additional module operational for a couple of weeks, I've bought a Dyson fan to make sure there is enough air circulation (the CO2 level used to rise too much during the night) and it's helped us decide on an appropriate level of heating as well. Good investment for some added insight into how to maintain a good environment at home! I would've preferred to have the sound level sensor as well, as I'm curious about how much external noise we have at night in our bedroom.
on 30 October 2015
Purchase this item with caution if you intend to send the radio signal through a solid brick/concrete wall, or walls.
The unit is easy to setup and I left it next to the main unit, about 20CM away to calibrate the readings. I'd already used an accurate thermometer to assist in the calibration of the main unit so it was easy to calibrate the additional internal unit. I relocated the additional unit to a room that was about 10 metres away and the signal strength was a full row of Green bars. I checked the readings on my app about 1 hour later and they had disappeared and it had lost the connection with the main unit, although I still had a full row of Green signal bars. After a couple of hours of messing around I deleted the unit and started again, but it kept dropping the connection. The following day I noticed the signal bars had dropped down to 1 and after quite a bit of re-positioning I managed to get a maximum of 2 signal bars that fluctuate, depending on the time of day. I don't have any other equipment on the same radio frequency and our property is detached. Although the signal is quite poor I have not experienced anymore dropouts. I found that if you position the large slot on the front of the modules towards each other, albeit through the wall, the signal is marginally better.

The distance between the 2 modules is 10 metres through 1 hollow concrete block wall.
on 18 February 2015
I should have checked more carefully I suppose - I was surprised that sound level isn't monitored by the additional module. But otherwise, it doesn't need plugging in and works flawlessly.
on 31 July 2013
I like the additional module as it allows for air monitoring of different rooms. Installation process is easy.
Minus one point for the lack of noise monitoring.
on 12 March 2016
Although i really like the build quality and Netatmo software, the main reason we buy these is for reading temperature, humidity & CO2. And unfortunately those readings are very inacurate. For example: i bought the main Netatmo Weather Station kit and an Additional Indoor Module (this product). I placed them close to eachother (5cm) and i got results like this:

Netatmo Indoor: 21.4 Celsius, 569ppm CO2, 51% humidity
Netatmo Additional: 22.8 Celsius, 9ppm CO2, 40% humidity

For me, that's a huge issue... specially for this price tag! Netatmo doesn't provide you any kind of calibration tools, so you can only accept it "as it is".

P.S. Be aware of the fact that the additional netatmo module doesn't provide you with a decibel meter and doesn't have the touch button like the one supplied in the main kit. Therefore you can't take any readings while standing in a different room with the additional module. Too bad in 2016 the Netatmo app doesn't even have a refresh button. So you just have to wait to see the actual readings...

Updated: I've decided to delete one more star, because i just realised new cons to the module:
- there is no glowing led
- you can only use it on battery, no main power options
- there is no hanging hook

So my advice: do not buy this! Sorry!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 April 2016
Hi we are paying a lot of money for a product that should not be giving us the customer all this agro, I have now added 3 indoor modules to my system with one added as you would expect flashing the green light on top (2 or 3 seconds only which is OK), but the other two were a real pain and almost sent them back as they would not flash the green led on top of the unit, in the end after taking out the batteries waiting 30 seconds and reinserting them about 20 times or so, then I got the flashing green led and then it was found.
BTW the last two Indoor modules were added months apart.
My kit is up and running 3 indoor Modules and a rain gauge, I may have gone mad and bought a wind Module, but no thanks my blood pressure could not stand any more strain!
To be honest it a great system when it's up and running and it works well with modules keeping in sync, but I would not buy again as the setup of the Indoor Modules is such a pain.
on 1 August 2013
I use an additional module to monitor a conditioned wine cellar. Very easy to setup and works great. Does exactly what it should do. Nothing more and nothing less. Would be nice to have predefined warning alerts when a certain value is reached for temperature or humidity.
on 24 April 2016
I bought the main units direct from Netatmo and this unit through Amazon. This additional indoor unit took a couple of days to settle down, in particular the co2 readings but now I trust them. The temperature reading were a little away from the main unit when placed alongside but this is tweakable in the app. The app, no charge, is a must and probably the strongest part of the product. The graphs are adequate the general display and widgets just what I wanted. It is possible to download reading history to produce one's own graphs, if seems to work well in windows and I will be playing with that soon. All units except the base station are battery powered, Netatmo promise 12 months battery life.
on 19 December 2015
I so wanted to give the Netatmo Weather Station a good review, the design and concept behind it is great, however design follows function, and in practice it just doesn't live up to expectations.

Initial setup was straight forward, although one additional module was faulty on arrival and refused to connect to the station so was subsequently replaced.

Once setup, the weather station repeatedly stopped reporting, having to be reinstalled from scratch each time.

I honestly cant recommend this item to anyone, and I'm in the process of returning the station, two additional modules, and the rain gauge for a refund.
on 25 February 2014
Really gave Netatmo a big try bought the main station and 3 add on modules. I do not believe the humidity or CO2 AT ALL... None of them seem to accurately report any information I have further read a lot of online reviews it seems everyone that buys more than one starts to notice the huge in consistencies between the modules. As much as i want to love these things really can't rate them anything more than a quite expensive yet poorly executed gimmick.