5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect
I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promised that my review is fair and honest.

Delivery was amazingly fast! I got an email confirmation of shipment and the next day it arrived in the post. At first I was worried about how small the stand was, but I didn't need to be. It was packaged beautifully and was easy to open and get going with...
Published 22 months ago by Shay

1.0 out of 5 stars Highly overpriced and a poor user design means it easily breaks
Overpriced hunk of metal. Lasted 30 seconds. I opened it, and promptly broke it. Normally I am good with practical things and rarely need to look at the manual for most things. This is because most things are well designed. This item is two pieces of metal folded together so it stands to reason that the first thing to do is open the stand. It was stiff but I am a strong...
Published 1 month ago by Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Anker Multi-Angle Portable Stand for Tablets 7-10 inch, E-readers and Smartphones, 0.4lb Lightweight Durable Aluminum Body, Compatible for iPad Air, Mini, iPhone 6 5S 5 4S, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Google Nexus 5 6 7 9 Phones, Tablets and more (Silver) (Electronics)

The stand itself feels very firm, which again surprised me pleasantly, there is a little button on the side which you press to move how much of an angle you want on what ever you may be supporting in the stand, and once you let go of the button it locks firmly into place.
It doesn't feel flimsy or breakable in anyway to me, and the rubber grips on the bottom do allow the stand to stay put wherever you may be using it. I've used it for my iPad and my iPhone 5 both in the car, set on the dashboard, on tables, kitchen encounters and even on my bed.
I find it extremely easy to use with my iPad as I can tilt my iPad around (works this way with iPhone 5 aswell) and also charge whilst using my iPad and there is no wobbling or jerking or movement of any sort going on.
There is also a rubber like gripper where you set your device into and it works well with or without a cover on the device. I find it's actually better with my device covers on, which is a relief as it saves having to hawk the covers on and off every time I want to use the stand.
I think this product is extremely useful and well worth its price. It can and will suit most peoples needs, especially if you are like myself and need to have something handy to carry around with your devices.
Most importantly, I am I glad I received this product as I spent around £29.99 on an iPad cover with a stand build into it and about 2 weeks into using the cover, the stand no longer works and the iPad just flops around all over the place when I try to use it, so something as small but amazing as this little stand is well worth it. It looks fabulous, fits like a glove, is quick and simple to use. I couldn't be happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 22 April 2014
I saw this in the sale and decided to pick one up.
You know when you buy something and it's heavy, but like a good heavy? That is this product.
Its so sturdy and looks awesome on my desk.
My iPad fits in with or without case so I'm super happy.
Was delivered extremely quickly too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Multi-Angle Portable Stand for iPad & other Tables, 30 Sept. 2013
I did a lot of research before deciding to purchase the Anker Multi-Angle Portable stand for my iPad. I wanted a stand that was well made, adjustable and light which would also fit my iPad including it's cover. Well this product fits all my requirements and I am so pleased I purchased it. I would recommend it to anyone who has a tablet or eReader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accepts most tablets and smartphones, 17 Feb. 2014
Andy_atGC (London UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Sturdy and solidly built, mostly of metal other than the rotatable support leg. It will accept many tablets or phones with the soft U-shaped filler in place but which can be removed to accept bulkier models. Ideal when watching movies or when using an accessory keyboard, the angle is easily adjusted through more than 90 degrees by pressing the button on the left side of its hinge. The leg is folded back for storage.

There are two small pads inserted into the body to prevent scratching the back of your device and the stand is small enough to be stored in the pocket of a carry case with your tablet etc awaiting use.

Very effective and good value at its discounted price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anker Stand, 25 Oct. 2013
Sturdy well made stand, I like the multi angle function which can easily be adjusted with the button on the side, and is small enough to carry in a bag. Excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed a stand for HP Split x2 Win8 Tablet section, 23 Dec. 2013
I need to be able to use an actual PC for work but also wanted a tablet option so that I can work on this alone while travelling in an economy class seat on aeroplane, mainly typing for email/notes, etc. but also possibly for movies and games. Having bought an HP Split x2 PC, it was possible to use the tablet element flat, but I figured that it would be easier if the angle of the screen could be lifted and so looked at the options on amazon. I eventually selected the Anker on the basis of the perceived build quality and price, that is it seemed more substantial than some of the foldable tripod style options and the price more realistic than the cheapest options and not so expensive as the Belkin. On arrival the build quality is good, device hinges and locks very solidly; other reviewers have mentioned the aesthetic of the finish as being inferior to an actual Apple device, but I would say different - brushed rather than smooth. It easily supports my tablet, which at about 13.5 x 9 inches, 15 inches diagonal is quite large and weighs more than most other tablets. As commented elsewhere, the holder section is lined by a plastic insert by default and this can be removed but is fine with the Split. The angles are set by positive engagement, rather then a friction system, so there are 11 positions between flats and vertical. With the size and weight of the Split, the first two settings from flat are a little unstable, but these would be fine for a lighter smaller tablet. Third setting is fine for me to type and I'm using it now as a test. Only drawback is with the design of the Split, in that the power and headphone sockets are situated in the bottom section of the device, where it would be held by the Anker, so they cannot be inserted when using the device in landscape mode. A workaround would be to spin the device around, placing the sockets in the top edge, but bear in mind the camera is then at the bottom, so Skype may be an issue, but in my use cases this would not be a problem.
Note that all these comments assume you are using the Split in landscape; given the size/weight of this tablet I would not be overly happy to use the Anker in portrait mode - it's too unstable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stylish looking, adjustable stand for gadgets., 11 May 2015
A. Whiteford "donka154" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Length:: 3:46 Mins

The Aluminium Multi-Angle Universal Stand from Anker is exactly that, a stand designed for various makes of gadgets such as phones and tablets. Inside the box is the stand itself and a user guide.

This is manufactured mostly from aluminium with part of the hinge mechanism made from plastic. The stand measures in at 106 x 81 x 27 mm and weighs 102g. There are rubber feet on the bottom of the stand as well as rubber backing strips inside for protection. On the inside bottom, there is a rubber insert that offers great support for devices up to 11mm thick but can be removed to accommodate thicker devices up to 14mm.

There is a small push in button on the left side of the hinge, think the power on button on a magic trackpad, which allows you to adjust and lock the stand in one of 9 different angles. This also allows the stand to fold up reasonably flat for storage.

The stand supports up to 5kg which is a surprisingly high load for a device this small. It comfortably sits my iPad Air 2 in either landscape or portrait orientation and this latter option makes this a real option given my case only supports two angles in landscape. If you want flexibility, this stand offers it over the majority of iPad cases out there with their built in stand options. It's also a great option for supporting the iPhone on my desk at work as I can leave it on mute but easily see the screen when notifications come in.

It's a simple design which I like as it does one thing well and the aluminium construction gives it a quality feel over cheaper, plastic alternatives. Not everyone has the need for a stand for their gadgets but it can prove handy in certain circumstances and I like what this stand from Anker offers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact stand that is great for my tablet/phone to let me sit back and relax and fits well in my travel bag, 8 May 2015
Length:: 2:56 Mins

Watching videos on my phone/tablet is usually relying on how still I can keep my hand/hands while I watch a video, it works, but not as comfortable as having a stand

Anker's Aluminum stand is nice as it will not open up in my bag without me depressing the button on the side to unlatch the stand from itself in the compact flat form
The stand is adjusted by holding the button and adjusting to the proper angle and then letting go of the button itself

There are rubber feet at just the right places to keep the tablet/phone from sliding around on the surface or on the surface of the stand

Removable rubber base in the tablet/phone holder is a nice touch as I can insert my tablet in a case into the slot for some quick video viewing

The stand allows for different angles even in portrait/horizontal angles

Overall, the Anker Aluminum stand is well though out in the design and positioning of the rubber feet that holds the tablet/phone in stable positions at different angles. I love how it is stable and can only be adjusted properly by depressing and holding the button down

Questions and comments are welcome

I was supplied a sample for testing and evaluation, and I promise that my review is fair and honest to reflect how the unit functions (no smoke and mirrors I assure ya)

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and effective, 6 Jan. 2014
Lady Lisa (Glasgow United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Verg impressed with this wee stand, it is well made and supports iPad well, with no wobbling about when typing. Really useful for following a recipe in the kitchen. Folds away flat. Highly recommend this, very reasonable cost too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will fit a heavy duty case, 4 Aug. 2013
Roberto Nike (Germany, Munchen) - See all my reviews
I was looking to get one of these for having my iPad upright for Flight Simulator to display approach charts. This is the only one (I got in 4 attempts) that actually can hold the iPad with the heavy duty case with a thickness of 1.9 cm. let me tell you you need to remove the plastic rail from the slot to achieve such a fit, but the manufacture kept that an easy task and didn't go put glue on the thing. Provided you have your case on the pad you don't have to worry about scratches without the protective rail, but again the aluminium is well trimmed to keep things safe anyway.

Well designed, the stand locks on the various steps and seems secure enough even if your table gets knocked or something.