5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed so far
Published 10 months ago by Simba67

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy
Sadly doesn't work, I've followed the instructions to the T. I'm dark haired so should work a treat! Save your money and do some more research!
Published 7 months ago by Ms. B. Hedger

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed so far, 16 May 2014
This review is from: Elle Macpherson The Body by Homedics IPL Hair Removal with Sensilight (Personal Care)
I've been using this for about 4 weeks now, have used it once a week (bit more than instructions recommend, but wanted to see if it was working). I have used it on my legs, underarms and top lip, I am fair skinned with light brown hair. So far I've been very impressed, after the first couple of uses there was a slight reduction in the hair growing back, after four uses I can see a visible reduction with patches of no hair growth.
I've found it easy and quick to use and can do a large area at a time, essential for a busy mum with toddlers. Have used it mostly on setting 5 for legs and 4 for top lip and under arms and found these settings comfortable to use, I have also bought some IPL protection glasses just in case.

5.0 out of 5 stars affordable ipl with fantastic results, 30 Aug. 2014
I was wary buying this product based on reviews, but it was far more affordable than other brands and what sold it for me was the large treatment window. I have been using product once every two weeks and have seen amazing results, I have fair skin and very corse. Dark hair, I have never has silky smooth legs until now! So happy and will continue to use. It is a time consuming and nippy process, I made the mistake of going straight into level 6, ouch! Level. 3 or 4 is fine. Highly recommended for permanent hair removal.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy, 8 Aug. 2014
Ms. B. Hedger (UK) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of money, 4 Nov. 2014
I've spent hours trying to get it to flash. It might flash one to three times then gives up. Wish they would take it back for a refund but was told it wasn't faulty, waste of money.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 19 May 2014
L. Richmond "Loulou" (London) - See all my reviews
I'm not impressed with this. It only actually 'fires' about one in ten times. And each time you press the button and it doesn't fire, you have to wait several seconds for it to get ready again. So you wait. The light goes green. You press the button. It doesn't fire. You try again. You try again. Then you give up and try a different patch. Maybe this time it works! Either way, very soon you have completely lost track of what areas you have done and what areas you haven't done.

The trouble shooting in the manual is completely useless. None of the reasons it suggests for failing to fire apply (for example, unit not in full contact with the skin).

I've wasted so much time on this useless bit of kit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your money, 12 Dec. 2014
i bought this back in May and to date have had absolutely NO results! I have followed the instructions step by step and shaved the area before using (again as it says in the instructions), used it on the highest setting and nothing! My skin is fair but my hairs are dark brown so I should have had at least some kind of result after 7 months of using as per instructions which say to use once every 2 weeks. The suppliers are useless too, I contacted them to complain and they contradicted their own instructions and told me to wax instead of shave which is rubbish as you need the hair follicle there in order for the light to attach itself to the hair and destroy it! My advice, don't bother with this one, either go to a salon or go for a better brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended., 30 Aug. 2014
I have fair skin and dark hair and bought this after a very successful salon treatment to save money.

I found two major problems with this. The first is that the laser does not consistently fire. According to the guide, there is an inbuilt sensor that stops the device from working on darker skin - I suspect on mine it was broken as it worked on my legs but rarely on underarms (the whitest part of my body).
Second issue is that when it did work, the glass window got very hot very quickly so you had to stop at regular intervals to allow it to cool.

Overall I would not recommend. I will be going back to the salon as although there was a reduction in hair growth when the device did work, it was far to time consuming and frustrating to persevere with.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... my machine for 6 months now and am really pleased with the results, 16 Aug. 2014
I have had my machine for 6 months now and am really pleased with the results. I have used it regularly and the hair growth under my arms and intimate areas is virtually non existent. Rather than try and attempt every area I want to do I have concentrated on a couple of areas with very pleasing results. You need to make good contact with the skin for it to fire but this is easily done by tilting the head slightly until the green light appears to show it's ready. It is easy to hold with either hand. I have very dark hair and with the attachment to make the window smaller for facial use have been able to use it on my top lip with great results. I cannot recommend this product highly enough. It's well worth the money and the replacement heads aren't too expensive especially when you compare it to the cost of salon treatments.

3.0 out of 5 stars replaceable heads unreliable, 12 Nov. 2014
This worked pretty well to start with. It misfired probably 2 times out of 10 which was very frustrating.

My first head ran out and I have now replaced it. It now only fires maybe 1 in 20 times. It has to be the unit and not me as I have been using it successfully for months. I presume the problem is the new head. But I'm loathe to buy a new one without confirmation as they are expensive.

Elle Macpherson The Body by Homedics IPL Hair Removal with Sensilight