4.0 out of 5 stars Good connectivity with trusted name
Nowadays there is no end to the number of connected devices in a home, and Wi-Fi is not always an option. I got these to connect my Sky boxes for On-Demand content.

I simply connected one of the units (doesn't matter which) to my router and the other to my Sky box and restarted the Sky box for it to pickup the network. All very simply.

My only...
Published 16 months ago by a.k.

2.0 out of 5 stars I would not recommend this product
I bought these plugs because I was loosing my wireless internet connection when using my computer in the lounge. But I still loose my internet connection whilst using my computer in the lounge it has not made much difference. I would not recommend this product.
Published 8 months ago by sue

4.0 out of 5 stars Good connectivity with trusted name, 28 Dec. 2013
a.k. (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

My only negative point would be the ethernet cable is connected into the top of the adapter, rather than the bottom, and it just looks untidy and causes clutter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solution, easy to set up, 5 Dec. 2013
S. Duncan "SED" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This powerline broadband extender is an ideal method for extending a home network without the frailties of a wireless network. It works best when used on the same circuit, but this is not an essential requirement. I have successfully set mine up to link my broadband router to two other locations in parts of the house behind old brick walls where wireless was nearly impossible to use. I have used one to connect my smart TV to the internet, the other to link the laptop we use upstairs, both to the router in another room where we have an old pc. The base unit connects directly to the router and the two paired units use the existing wired power supply to connect to the base unit and receive/send the required broadband signal. A wire then needs to be connected from the sub units to the hardware you want to connect. In our case, the smart TV and the laptop. There are no worries about a flakey wireless signal, the connection is perfect every time, allowing us to use our smart TV to download movies on Netflix or whatever system we choose. A simple and effective way to add internet ports wherever needed around the house. Brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars This works!!!, 28 Mar. 2014
This review is from: BT Broadband Extender 200 Kit, Powerline Adapters (Twin Pack) (Accessory)
I was a liitle bit sceptical when I ordered the BT broadband extender 200 Powerline adaptors, but I installed it in a couple of minutes and it worked just fine. I am very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An odd spec, but does the job, 6 Aug. 2013
Dave M (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is an odd specification, especially when viewed alongside a BT Home Hub.

Basically the HH has ports which are 100Mbit and 1Gbit, but this is a 200Mbit. Just a bit odd of a mismatch, but of no significance.

Back to the set-up and performance...

Set-up is very easy, I plugged them in next to each other and, almost immediately, they recognised each other. I did a quick test using a laptop wired through the extenders and all was fine. I then unplugged one and installed at the 'remote' location (i.e. the other end of the house) and all worked well and almost immediately.

So, easy to set up; good throughput (which was limited to 100Mbit by my laptop); and they seem to be reliable.

Also, I know it says it in the spec, but I will repeat here. These do not provide wireless extension, they extend your wired connection only.....

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars works a treat , fast connection, 23 April 2014
Great kit for a great price , we now have the internet in our garden room at the top of the garden (out of range for the wifi) at a really good speed

4.0 out of 5 stars More stable than wireless, easier than Ethernet, 28 July 2013
S. P. Long "Simon Long" (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Broadband Extender 200 kit is a pair of HomePlug adaptors which run network signals over the power cables in your home. While most modern devices use some form of wireless networking, this isn't always a viable solution - thick walls and interference can block wireless signals, and wireless networks can struggle with high bandwidth signals such as HD video streaming. The ideal solution is to run Ethernet cables, but that can be hard work, messy and time-consuming. HomePlug provides a more solid signal than wireless, but without the need to run cables.

The kit includes two (identical) adaptors, and set-up couldn't be easier - each adaptor is the size of a largish mains adaptor, and plugs straight into a mains socket. On the top of each is an Ethernet socket (2 Ethernet cables are provided). Plug an adaptor into a socket near your router, and connect the Ethernet port on the adaptor to an Ethernet socket on your router with the supplied cable; plug the other adaptor into a socket near the device you want to network, plug the other Ethernet cable between adaptor and device. Make sure both sockets are switched on, and the Data and Ethernet lights on the adaptors will come on to show data is flowing - job done. It takes longer to write about than it does to do, and there is no set-up or fiddling with keys or addresses required. The supplied instructions are extremely clear (and very brief) - it would be hard to get it wrong!

I tested the connection between my router and my PS3 by streaming MPEG2 SD video ripped from DVDs, and it played perfectly; no glitches or dropouts. These adaptors use a lower spec version of the HomePlug standard, so they might struggle with HD video, but they are fine for SD.

You can also connect additional adaptors to expand your network - this process is a bit fiddly, as you have to hold down the button on the adaptor for 5-8 seconds (with no sign as to when that has elapsed - the instructions recommend you to use a stopwatch!) But once done, additional adaptors also worked fine, and I had a multiple-port network set up in a matter of minutes.

The only snag of these particular adaptors is that they don't pass through the mains - you lose a mains socket for each you plug in. BT also sell a more expensive version - the Extender Flex 500 - which has pass-through mains sockets and also supports a higher data rate - which might be worth considering if you are short of mains sockets.

But other than that, there's not much to fault on these adaptors - if you need a plug-and-play alternative to wireless, I recommend them highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wireless?, 15 Mar. 2014
Fidiuss (South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Bye Wireless dongle .....hello these babys :) my internet upstairs is instant and my speeds are rampant what more could you want....just plug them in and away you go ....more secure as well

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug in and go. Xbox with no WiFi gaming lag.( what ever that is)., 24 April 2014
P. D. Rogers "South Shields" (South Shields,England) - See all my reviews
Works perfectly, straight out of the box. It DOES work on ordinary simple extention leads/ sockets, I tried at both ends, with no problems. BUT it will not work on an extention with surge protection or extentions with neon power indicators etc.

I bought this because my sons Xbox, connected wirelessly to a brand new BT homehub 5 with infinity (fibre optic) kept on losing connection to Xbox live. I gave up with BT, talking to people in Bombay. Try this, try that. I know the problem is down to the router allocating xbox live data to another application. Even after a 'full reset' the hub still remembers the applications. and won't allow manual port forwarding until you cancel the allocated application but you cannot delete the applications! BT in Bombay ain't got a clue. I gave up and bought a set of these and they work perfectly.

2.0 out of 5 stars I would not recommend this product, 16 Aug. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars This is brilliant! We've been so frustrated about the fact we ..., 26 April 2015
It works!!! This is brilliant! We've been so frustrated about the fact we have a broadband fibre optic connection but our living room TV (where we stream our telly) is in the corner of our kitchen quite a distance from the charger. So despite our fast connection we were finding we still couldn't stream successfully or reliably. Cue the extender kit - I fitted it (so simple) and now we have almost the same speed in the living room as we do from the router - and we hardly ever have any problems with streaming/downloading (only the bbc iplayer which is notoriously bad at peak times!!!!).