5.0 out of 5 stars feel better now.
update 17/11/2014:
thought i would update. anker sent me a new of the same device after i returned the faulty one.
Published 14 months ago by A. Shah

2.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working
When this worked, it worked well, it charged my Samsung Galaxy S3 quickly whilst using it as a Sat Nav. However it broke after a week and a bit of use. Just stopped working partway through a car journey. Wouldn't buy again.

Update: AnkerDirect Customer Support have been excellent and very quickly sent me a free replacement despite Amazon having refunded my...
Published 12 months ago by S. Perry

5.0 out of 5 stars feel better now., 28 Mar. 2014
A. Shah (preston, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anker 4.8A / 24W 2-Port Rapid USB Car Charger with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Motorola, Nokia and More (Black) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
update 17/11/2014:
its been 8 months and no grief whatsoever. charges at full charge. (android users will probably know the 'slow charging' notification if you connect to a usb with less than full charge) i have charged 2 devices simultaneously at full charge without any problem including an ipad, nexus 5, lg g2, bluetooth headsets, the works.
my faith in anker is more or less restored. regards

original 1 star review
title:disappointed. build quality poor, march 2014
i have used anker in the past. still have a battery power pack bought about 24 months ago. works great. the car charger for dual android apple (prev version) lasted 13 months and then one of the 2 ports died. fair do's.

thought i would try the new upgraded one 4.8A

so it arrived fine. packaged fine. worked great. both ports do full charge and i could charge my lg g2 at full speed on either. no issues. but lasted 5 days and then stopped working completely. no tinkering my end. was in one car in 1 slot. no clue. on the good side. it didnt explode. usually dont write in as am usually a happy and regular Amazon customer.

amazon are working on a refund. and i am returning it. well atleast amazon were prompt and didnt give me grief.

would i try anker again and think this was a one off. maybe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the extra pennies, 10 Feb. 2014
Fed up with cheap Chinese products, and wanting a flexible power solution for my car, I decided to forego the usual cigarette lighter mobile phone adapter, and instead opted for a USB adapter, allowing me to charge a variety of devices without having to have a separate adapter for each.

Of the selection available on Amazon, the Anker stood out as being a quality, European made, device. Positive reviews convinced me to take the plunge, and £10, and a couple of days later, I received a package through the letterbox. Right away, I knew this wasn't your run of the mill piece of Far-Eastern rubbish. The packaging was excellent, good enough to make a nice gift (if you knew someone that lusted after such a thing yet wouldn't shell out for one themselves), and it even came with warranty information and usage instructions (though it's not really rocket science - plug the thing in to your car, plug the appropriate USB cable into the relevant slot, and enjoy).

Being a dual-port charger for Apple and Android devices, you do need to observe which port you're plugging your device into (top for Android phones and other tablets; bottom for Apple products). Though, if you do get it wrong, disaster and calamity will not occur, you just won't enjoy optimum charging speed.

The unit itself feels solid and robust, with a nice glossy plastic finish. It fits securely into my Jeep's 12V socket, and the strength of the springy metal bits (I'm not a technical person, can you tell?) on the shaft, fills me with confidence that the charger would be a snug fit in even the oldest, loosest wizard's sleeve of a cigarette socket.

I use mine primarily for charging a Samsung Galaxy S3, using a FRiEQ Hi-Speed Cloth Jacketed USB cable (gold plated ends for that extra bling factor, but that's another story), and this setup works very well. Even when running WAZE / Google Navigate (very power hungry), the voltage input results in positive charging.

Criticisms? None really. If I'm being picky, I could say that the labels for the Apple/Android ports are a little on the tiny side, but if you can remember that Android is above Apple (shouldn't be hard :P) then you'll be fine.

All in all, I'm a happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Jan. 2014
I have had many in-car chargers for my Samsung Galaxy S3, but this is the best ever.

Previously I would struggle to use the GPS on my phone in the car on long journeys as even with the charger connected while using the GPS the phone battery would discharge slowly.

This is now a thing of the past! Now I can use the GPS whilst also listening to music on my phone and the battery charges!

This charger charges at the same rate as the standard Samsung (fast) charger that comes with the phone (i.e. VERY FAST). Make sure you use the android usb slot to charge your android device!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Car Charger I've Found, 10 May 2015
I am really impressed with the Anker four port high capacity smart charger. I’ve gone through several chargers over the years and have never found one that can do everything I need.
We always have multiple people in the car that need to charge their phone, tablet, hotspot, etc. so I am always in need of more capability. I recently found a unit that had a lot of ports, but each port was intended for a specific device so if you have several iPads or iPhones, you couldn’t be sure if plugging an iPad in to a port designed for a Samsung tablet would work or potentially damage your iPad. This charger is different. It uses Anker’s SmartIQ charging. This ‘smart’ charging allows the charger to determine what device you have plugged in and automatically provides the right amount of power for that device. This really works great as you aren’t trying to decipher tiny writing on the device to figure out which port is the ‘right’ one. Just plug your device in and it works. This also has the side benefit of being able to charge your device at the highest possible rate. This can reduce the time to charge your device by half to two-thirds. In my case, I can charge my iPhone from 50% to over 70% during my twenty minute commute. I’m sure your results may vary, but this should give you an idea of performance.
I’m a big fan of the SmartIQ charging. Anker sells a multi-port AC charger (http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Family-Sized-Desktop-Technology-Motorola/dp/B00P936188/ref=dp_ob_title_wld ) with this technology. I purchased three of the five port units to replace the chargers in my house as well as provide one to travel with. These work so well, I was ecstatic to find a version that worked in the car.
Just like with the house charger, a big benefit for me is that by having four ports in one small compact charger, it leaves my 12V ports free for other devices. For long trips I was having to carry multiple USB chargers as well as 12V port replicators so I could plug everything in. Now I can just carry this charger and have what I need.

The charger itself is a four port charger, 9.6A / 48W. It is very compact and doesn't take up a lot of space. It is actually smaller than some of the older two-port chargers I have. The charger has a nice gray metallic finish that is very attractive.

Pros:
• Four ports
• Smart, high capacity charging
• Attractive, compact design
• High quality construction and materials

Cons:
• No user-replaceable fuse

I'm very happy with this charger and highly recommend it.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation. However, as always, my review is fair and honest.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.4A versus 3.1A, 12 Mar. 2014
I needed a high powered twin charger to charge my Iphone 5 and Galaxy Note together. This item appeared to meet my needs and I am very happy with its performance when used for either device or both together. I have used several other chargers rated at 2.1A+1A=3.1A and had problems with them including one burn out. My job involves being on the road 10/12 hrs a day and I am a reasonably high phone and internet user and this devices is well worth the money as it performs extremely well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for tablets and smartphones, 28 Aug. 2014
Used in BMW. Gives full "AC Charge" to a multitude of Android and iOS devices - personally tested with Moto G, Moto E, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, HTC One M8, iPhone 4S and iPad AIR. Have not tried other microUSB devices such as Chromebook 11.

Small size but does not fit flush with the dashboard (thats an FYI, not a complaint). Very well made, needs to be pushed into socket and pulled out quite hard. USB slots are also spring held so cables have to be deliberately pulled out.

Does not get hot during use like other brands. Recommended product and would definitely buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars You can never have too many USBs!, 13 May 2015
RJW (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I have a long and difficult relationship with car USB chargers. I've been through several 'cheap as chips' eBay car chargers which gave up the ghost on me. (Actually not so cheap - when you add up the total cost, the 'cheap solutions' stop looking so cheap).

About a year ago I plumped for the Anker 2 port. It was different world. It was much faster when charging more than one item. It actually charges faster than the plug at home. And nearly a year later, it's still going strong

But, in the same way I now have countless extension leads around the house to power all my devices, soon enough, two ports wasn't enough. So the 4 port version is an awesome and welcome replacement, Two iPhones, and iPad and a TomTom all happily charge together, with no loss of charging speed.

It's reasonably big, but obviously it needs to accommodate 4 sockets. And it sits just a little prouder than the 2 port version. It feels heavy and solid - the silver bit is metal, so it's not going to crack or chip. It really does look and feel like a quality product.

Against my black dashboard, this silver one is far more conspicuous than the old black one. But with two kids in my car, I've long since given up on preserving the aesthetic appeal of my vehicle. For me, this device is about performance and there I think the Anker 4 port is just awesome - it charges everything so quickly, faster than in the house, even when you are using every port. (because it has iQ, and assigns the right power to each port automatically, it doesn't matter which order you plug stuff in either, which is a lovely feature). Everything has a reassuring 'resistance' when pushing in and taking out, making you feel confident that things won't fall out when you don't want them to.

So in an ideal world, it would be black. But from a performance and quality perspective, I can't fault it.

This product was a sample, but I am confident that this has in no way influenced my review of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best car charger out there. Fast Charging and Value for Price, 8 May 2015
Anker has been a fast growing company with awesome products but it has not lowered its quality since the origins. I own several Anker products I've purchased myself such as several power banks and cases. They are all made of great quality. This is not the exception.
My review will be divided in three parts: quality, usability and size.

In terms of quality this product is great. It has a smooth touch and it is really well built. No design flaws nor untidy finishes (at least in my unit). The plastic back does not hold fingerprints and it plugs well into the 12V of your car.

Regarding the usability personally I think 4 ports is too much but some may find it useful. I don't go with more than 2 gadgets uncharged outside my house but I did indeed conduct a stress test while using all four ports with 2 iPhone's 6, an iPad Air 2 and an iPad Air 1. They all charged really fast and consistently. One thing to notice is that several chargers of other brands get hot while charging the device or make the device got hot. I got none of these effects which is awesome.

In terms of size it is really small! By looking at the picture you can maybe think it's bigger but when you plug it in you will hardly notice it is there.

Overall this is a great Anker product and by the price it is right now ($14.99) it's a steal. It's a must buy for someone that uses a lot it's gadgets and needs them charged always which this product does great and fast (that's the point).

I was provided this product for free in exchange for an unbiased review

5.0 out of 5 stars You NEED this charger., 6 May 2015
With so many car chargers on the market today, why should I buy this Anker product? Let me count the ways.

Power IQ
The Power IQ system is the cat's pajamas. Plug any device's power cord into any USB port on the Anker charger and go. Doesn't matter if it is a GPS or a smart phone or a tablet. The Power IQ delivers just as much power as the device can handle and no more. This car unit has enough muscle to charge four of the older (power hungry) iPads at once.

Fit and Finish
From the photos, I was expecting a cheap plastic case with some metallic looking finish. Nope. It is metal surrounding the USB ports. The shank that goes into the car is smooth polished plastic with no evidence of glue lines. The contacts are solid metal and sprung just enough for a sure fit - won't come loose on a bump. Removal requires a strong pull - the metal housing gives a nice grip - due to the solid springing.

What cord to use?
I learned the hard way. Don't buy cheap cords. I had a long issue with an iPad Air 2, with Apple finally replacing it. Turned out to be the fault of a $3 cord that I was using. Use only the original cord supplied with your device or, in the case of Apple devices, an Apple MFI certified cord. Yes they are a bit more expensive, but worth it. I am now using the Anker MFI certified cord ($8 for 3 foot or $10 for 6 foot on Amazon) with no issues.

Warranties
Anker offers a 30 day satisfaction warranty and an 18 month product guarantee and lifetime customer support. Can't beat that. I can attest from personal use to all of the above. Buy Anker with confidence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but mighty...., 6 May 2015
I recently received Anker's 48W 4-Port Car Charger and couldn't be happier. The charger has a sporty looking silver and gray body with a white face. The Smart IQ logo adorns the face as well. It feels solid in your grasp and weighs in at 1.7 ounces. Light enough to slip into your pocket and sturdy enough to last for a lifetime. The charger fits snugly in the charging port of my car and the USB cables fit snugly into the slots in the face of the charger. Upon plugging the charger in, a blue LED lights up confirming you have power to the charger. Bright enough to facilitate placement of USB cords, but not to bright as to be a distraction. I love the Smart IQ technology that Anker has built into the charger. It detects your devices charging protocol and delivers the maximum supply to your device to provide rapid charging. I personally put the Smart IQ Technology to the test by charging 4 distinctly different devices (Samsung Battery Charger, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Gear 2 watch, and a Sony HD camcorder), and they all charged as fast or faster than what OEM wall charging could provide. The charger does warm up when being put to such a vigorous test, but it was not hot to the touch. This charger is a permanent fixture in my car now and it consistently charges my many peripheral devices rapidly. If you are in the market for a car charger, why not buy a great one with an 18 month limited warranty. I strongly recommend this charger for anyone. I would like to thank Anker for supplying this device for my unbiased opinion.