5.0 out of 5 stars feel better now.
update 17/11/2014:
thought i would update. anker sent me a new of the same device after i returned the faulty one.
Published 15 months ago by A. Shah

1.0 out of 5 stars good charger, but emits a high frequency sound
I returned this item, it was a good charger and worked well, with no annoying light on it. It emits a high frequency sound which is very annoying, the same sound as cheap USB chargers. The high pitch noise drives me mad, not many adults can hear the noise, but most kids can. I have other car chargers that are silent, just needed a dual charger. Returned - not suitable
Published 14 months ago by Paul Jacobs

5.0 out of 5 stars feel better now., 28 Mar. 2014
A. Shah (preston, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anker 4.8A / 24W 2-Port Rapid USB Car Charger with PowerIQ Technology for iPhone, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge, Nexus, HTC M9, Motorola, Nokia and More (Black) (Wireless Phone Accessory)
update 17/11/2014:
its been 8 months and no grief whatsoever. charges at full charge. (android users will probably know the 'slow charging' notification if you connect to a usb with less than full charge) i have charged 2 devices simultaneously at full charge without any problem including an ipad, nexus 5, lg g2, bluetooth headsets, the works.
my faith in anker is more or less restored. regards

original 1 star review
title:disappointed. build quality poor, march 2014
i have used anker in the past. still have a battery power pack bought about 24 months ago. works great. the car charger for dual android apple (prev version) lasted 13 months and then one of the 2 ports died. fair do's.

thought i would try the new upgraded one 4.8A

so it arrived fine. packaged fine. worked great. both ports do full charge and i could charge my lg g2 at full speed on either. no issues. but lasted 5 days and then stopped working completely. no tinkering my end. was in one car in 1 slot. no clue. on the good side. it didnt explode. usually dont write in as am usually a happy and regular Amazon customer.

amazon are working on a refund. and i am returning it. well atleast amazon were prompt and didnt give me grief.

would i try anker again and think this was a one off. maybe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the extra pennies, 10 Feb. 2014
Fed up with cheap Chinese products, and wanting a flexible power solution for my car, I decided to forego the usual cigarette lighter mobile phone adapter, and instead opted for a USB adapter, allowing me to charge a variety of devices without having to have a separate adapter for each.

Of the selection available on Amazon, the Anker stood out as being a quality, European made, device. Positive reviews convinced me to take the plunge, and £10, and a couple of days later, I received a package through the letterbox. Right away, I knew this wasn't your run of the mill piece of Far-Eastern rubbish. The packaging was excellent, good enough to make a nice gift (if you knew someone that lusted after such a thing yet wouldn't shell out for one themselves), and it even came with warranty information and usage instructions (though it's not really rocket science - plug the thing in to your car, plug the appropriate USB cable into the relevant slot, and enjoy).

Being a dual-port charger for Apple and Android devices, you do need to observe which port you're plugging your device into (top for Android phones and other tablets; bottom for Apple products). Though, if you do get it wrong, disaster and calamity will not occur, you just won't enjoy optimum charging speed.

The unit itself feels solid and robust, with a nice glossy plastic finish. It fits securely into my Jeep's 12V socket, and the strength of the springy metal bits (I'm not a technical person, can you tell?) on the shaft, fills me with confidence that the charger would be a snug fit in even the oldest, loosest wizard's sleeve of a cigarette socket.

I use mine primarily for charging a Samsung Galaxy S3, using a FRiEQ Hi-Speed Cloth Jacketed USB cable (gold plated ends for that extra bling factor, but that's another story), and this setup works very well. Even when running WAZE / Google Navigate (very power hungry), the voltage input results in positive charging.

Criticisms? None really. If I'm being picky, I could say that the labels for the Apple/Android ports are a little on the tiny side, but if you can remember that Android is above Apple (shouldn't be hard :P) then you'll be fine.

All in all, I'm a happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better Than The Best, 20 April 2013
Reviewing the Anker 2 Port Turbo Car Charger and enjoying using the best car charger I have found to date.
Being constantly on the quest for a better charger, Anker made this available to me to test and evaluate. Already having a small box of chargers that were supposed to be better than paved roads, I said "What the heck, sure", thinking that if this one performed like the others I have tried, it would join the others that didn't work up to expectations.
With the others, they did provide a charge if I had all day to leave our phones connected to them but who has the time for that?
Upon receiving the Anker Turbo Car Charger, I immediately noticed the printing on the box saying it is an 18 Watt, 3.6 Amp output device! The unit is packaged well with the ability to see the product. Sure looked small... Could this thing be real?
Removing it from the package yielded a very compact and solid built unit with a feel that I like. It does not have the cheap, almost ready to fall apart feel that most others have.
A quick read through the included manual made me want to plug it into the vehicle and start charging one of our phones. The first one I charged is my Galaxy Nexus phone. I have never seen a car charger get that battery to full faster than this one.
Not believing what I was seeing, connected my wife's Droid Charge with an aftermarket battery so large it takes a special back case. It was about 25% charged and in just less than 2 hours was reading 100%.
One further test was charging both phones at the same time and they charged as fast as they would have had they been connected to their home wall chargers, if not a bit faster. The perfect charger!
I really like the "smart" this charger has and how it can select the output current to each of the 2 ports, depending on the demand. I am happy to say I didn't overload it and cause the auto shutdown to kick in but it does have the ability to shut itself down if the output demand is above specifications.
Another nice sort of touch is that there is no onboard LED that tends to distract me while charging like the other ones did. No square of black tape over the LED on this one.
Should you buy a couple of these? You bet you should because if you are looking to end the slow charge times while driving, this charger is the one you have been looking for.
A few days ago, I took the charger to a dinner with some friends and showed it off to others that have the same complaints with the ones they currently use then found out the next day they ordered some of the Anker chargers for themselves.
The product reviewed was provided to me at no cost for the purposes of review. I received no other compensation, and my review is my honest opinion of this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Jan. 2014
I have had many in-car chargers for my Samsung Galaxy S3, but this is the best ever.

Previously I would struggle to use the GPS on my phone in the car on long journeys as even with the charger connected while using the GPS the phone battery would discharge slowly.

This is now a thing of the past! Now I can use the GPS whilst also listening to music on my phone and the battery charges!

This charger charges at the same rate as the standard Samsung (fast) charger that comes with the phone (i.e. VERY FAST). Make sure you use the android usb slot to charge your android device!

1.0 out of 5 stars good charger, but emits a high frequency sound, 7 May 2014
Paul Jacobs "snapper" (uk) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome power!, 5 Nov. 2013
Power totally top speeed - just like a wall charger for iPhone, so on a 3 hour journey, AND using it's satnav all the way, my iPhone is fully charged from about 20% buy the end of the journey. It's a really solid quality plastic, not flimsy in any way, and others I have had have died after a few weeks, this has been going strong now for over 6 months daily use in my car.

Only thing I would change would be the orientation of the usb sockets - they are upside-down compared to laptops and other devices. Also perhaps a logo of Apple and Android next to the port to make it easier to spot. I've also seen some stubby chargers (£20 or so!) that fit under the flaps that some cars have for the charging port (my Passat for instance) - is this possible?

3.0 out of 5 stars Good charger but not a great fit, 31 Dec. 2013
I bought this as other car chargers often didn't push enough current to my phone when I was using tomtom satnav.
This does better, the phone still slowly discharges even with this charger when using tomtom but at a much slower pace.
One big annoyance is that it can move in the power socket and regularly stops charging until you push it back in.
Other chargers I've used didn't have that problem in my car so I'm presuming it's specific to the design of this charger.
It also doesn't have a light on it so I notice it's not charging when the charging led on my phone goes out.
I'm still happy with this charger overall but wish it sat firmly in the socket.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.4A versus 3.1A, 12 Mar. 2014
I needed a high powered twin charger to charge my Iphone 5 and Galaxy Note together. This item appeared to meet my needs and I am very happy with its performance when used for either device or both together. I have used several other chargers rated at 2.1A+1A=3.1A and had problems with them including one burn out. My job involves being on the road 10/12 hrs a day and I am a reasonably high phone and internet user and this devices is well worth the money as it performs extremely well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 18 Oct. 2013
We'll made product, charges my ipad within hours, used to take a full day with regular in car charger.
We'll worth the money you pay for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is the old model, 26 Jun. 2014
S. Boyle - See all my reviews
I got this to charge a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (old version with the 30 pin socket). Despite having an Android socket, it did not charge it, i.e. the charging battery symbol had a red line through it. I sent it back and Anker provided their 2nd generation model with the IQ sockets. The IQ sockets adapt to the type of device you connect and will charge the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. So unless you know your device will work with the old model, I'd get the new one which comes in black or white.

Anker® 24W Dual-Port Rapid USB Car Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 5s 5c 5; iPad Air, mini; Galaxy S5 S4; Note 3 2; Tab 4 3 Pro; the new HTC One (M8) and More [White] or white)