5.0 out of 5 stars feel better now.
update 17/11/2014:
thought i would update. anker sent me a new of the same device after i returned the faulty one.
Published 11 months ago by A. Shah

2.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working
When this worked, it worked well, it charged my Samsung Galaxy S3 quickly whilst using it as a Sat Nav. However it broke after a week and a bit of use. Just stopped working partway through a car journey. Wouldn't buy again.

Update: AnkerDirect Customer Support have been excellent and very quickly sent me a free replacement despite Amazon having refunded my...
Published 9 months ago by S. Perry

5.0 out of 5 stars feel better now., 28 Mar. 2014
A. Shah (preston, uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Anker® 24W Dual-Port Rapid USB Car Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 5S 5S 5 4S, iPad 5 4 3 2, Air, mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3 2, Tab 4 3 Pro, HTC One, PS Vita, Gopro, External Batteries and more [Black] (Wireless Phone Accessory)
update 17/11/2014:
its been 8 months and no grief whatsoever. charges at full charge. (android users will probably know the 'slow charging' notification if you connect to a usb with less than full charge) i have charged 2 devices simultaneously at full charge without any problem including an ipad, nexus 5, lg g2, bluetooth headsets, the works.
my faith in anker is more or less restored. regards

original 1 star review
title:disappointed. build quality poor, march 2014
i have used anker in the past. still have a battery power pack bought about 24 months ago. works great. the car charger for dual android apple (prev version) lasted 13 months and then one of the 2 ports died. fair do's.

thought i would try the new upgraded one 4.8A

so it arrived fine. packaged fine. worked great. both ports do full charge and i could charge my lg g2 at full speed on either. no issues. but lasted 5 days and then stopped working completely. no tinkering my end. was in one car in 1 slot. no clue. on the good side. it didnt explode. usually dont write in as am usually a happy and regular Amazon customer.

amazon are working on a refund. and i am returning it. well atleast amazon were prompt and didnt give me grief.

would i try anker again and think this was a one off. maybe.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, 16 Sept. 2014
Having never used a USB car charger before, I was always worried that they would provide the incorrect ampage when charging my devices,

Well no need to worry anymore as this Anker USB Charger comes with there new PowerIQ Technology which promises to always charge your device at its full recommended charging speed, of up to 4.8 amps, that is enough to charge my Nvidia shield tablet and my Xperia Z2 at the manufactures full speed, and all from my car cigarette lighter. Brilliant!

And being charged at that speed means that your device will charge as quickly as from the mains.

So you never have to worry about being caught out with only a few percent power when you leave for work and then being unable to last a day with your device,
just plug the USB car charger in your lighter socket, select one of the two usb ports (both of which have PowerIQ.) Plug your usb cable in (one is also included in the option i selected) and your charging. No hassle.

I selected to go for the black charger as i felt it would look best in the car, but white is also available and would suit Apple devices well.

The charger fitted my lighter socket perfectly and stayed inserted with no problems.

The provided micro USB cable is of 3 feet in length, which is a great size for in the car as you do not want lots of cable flapping around when driving.

The charger itself is very well built and feels like a premium product, with a great gloss black finish and subtle Anker branding.

The charger came well packaged with clear instructions and warranty information provided.

This is the perfect device for when out with the children and there tablets, game consoles, phones etc are running low on juice and to be able to charge 2 devices at once is a winner.

I will never leave home without it and its gonna stay in my glovebox ready to charge my devices as needed.

Great job Anker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the extra pennies, 10 Feb. 2014
Fed up with cheap Chinese products, and wanting a flexible power solution for my car, I decided to forego the usual cigarette lighter mobile phone adapter, and instead opted for a USB adapter, allowing me to charge a variety of devices without having to have a separate adapter for each.

Of the selection available on Amazon, the Anker stood out as being a quality, European made, device. Positive reviews convinced me to take the plunge, and £10, and a couple of days later, I received a package through the letterbox. Right away, I knew this wasn't your run of the mill piece of Far-Eastern rubbish. The packaging was excellent, good enough to make a nice gift (if you knew someone that lusted after such a thing yet wouldn't shell out for one themselves), and it even came with warranty information and usage instructions (though it's not really rocket science - plug the thing in to your car, plug the appropriate USB cable into the relevant slot, and enjoy).

Being a dual-port charger for Apple and Android devices, you do need to observe which port you're plugging your device into (top for Android phones and other tablets; bottom for Apple products). Though, if you do get it wrong, disaster and calamity will not occur, you just won't enjoy optimum charging speed.

The unit itself feels solid and robust, with a nice glossy plastic finish. It fits securely into my Jeep's 12V socket, and the strength of the springy metal bits (I'm not a technical person, can you tell?) on the shaft, fills me with confidence that the charger would be a snug fit in even the oldest, loosest wizard's sleeve of a cigarette socket.

I use mine primarily for charging a Samsung Galaxy S3, using a FRiEQ Hi-Speed Cloth Jacketed USB cable (gold plated ends for that extra bling factor, but that's another story), and this setup works very well. Even when running WAZE / Google Navigate (very power hungry), the voltage input results in positive charging.

Criticisms? None really. If I'm being picky, I could say that the labels for the Apple/Android ports are a little on the tiny side, but if you can remember that Android is above Apple (shouldn't be hard :P) then you'll be fine.

All in all, I'm a happy customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Jan. 2014
I have had many in-car chargers for my Samsung Galaxy S3, but this is the best ever.

Previously I would struggle to use the GPS on my phone in the car on long journeys as even with the charger connected while using the GPS the phone battery would discharge slowly.

This is now a thing of the past! Now I can use the GPS whilst also listening to music on my phone and the battery charges!

This charger charges at the same rate as the standard Samsung (fast) charger that comes with the phone (i.e. VERY FAST). Make sure you use the android usb slot to charge your android device!

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.4A versus 3.1A, 12 Mar. 2014
I needed a high powered twin charger to charge my Iphone 5 and Galaxy Note together. This item appeared to meet my needs and I am very happy with its performance when used for either device or both together. I have used several other chargers rated at 2.1A+1A=3.1A and had problems with them including one burn out. My job involves being on the road 10/12 hrs a day and I am a reasonably high phone and internet user and this devices is well worth the money as it performs extremely well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended for tablets and smartphones, 28 Aug. 2014
Used in BMW. Gives full "AC Charge" to a multitude of Android and iOS devices - personally tested with Moto G, Moto E, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, HTC One M8, iPhone 4S and iPad AIR. Have not tried other microUSB devices such as Chromebook 11.

Small size but does not fit flush with the dashboard (thats an FYI, not a complaint). Very well made, needs to be pushed into socket and pulled out quite hard. USB slots are also spring held so cables have to be deliberately pulled out.

Does not get hot during use like other brands. Recommended product and would definitely buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect combo, 19 Sept. 2014
Andrew "impulsive gadget buyer" - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Firstly, the package itself is a neat little brown box with a product info sleeve which looks premium in handy. Inside are two further boxes, one with the charger and one with the cable.

Let’s take a look at the charger.

Aesthetically the Anker is my favourite one to date having used a couple in recent weeks. It is compact without being too small with sleek lines. It feels very solid in hand and is finished in a gloss black that blends nicely in any car.

It’s rated at 24w so you’ll have no problem making use of superfast charging on supported devices or juicing up an iPad on the go.
I have used many usb car chargers in the past and results varied between each one, with one well known branded one refusing to even charge my iPhone 5s. The Anker charger features clever IQ technology to remove this inconvenience allowing you to charge whichever device you like, the charger will detect and adapt to your device. Very clever. In practice I found it charged my 5s quickly. It also handled an iPad fine and my partner’s windows phone fine too.

And using a trusted brand such as Anker and a device that clearly hasn’t cut corners on components I do so safe in the knowledge it isn’t going to catch fire or blow my phone up!

On that note I learnt the hard way many years ago after skimping on a few quid, buying a no name wall charger and almost burning my house down. Lesson learnt.

And that cable.

The cable itself is well built and very much akin to the one that came with my phone. The p[lugs and connectors are sturdy and it has subtle Anker branding.

It charged my phone in the car using the Anker charger fine and also sync’d my phone with the computer fine. It’s a very well made third party cable.

Overall this is a very good value package with two good quality premium products that I can easily recommend as it works extremely well. For what you’d pay for both of these you’d be lucky just to find one at this price on the high street, and even then I doubt they’d be as high quality as these.

I thoroughly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anker charger, excellent customer services, 13 July 2014
Using this to charge a Samsung Galaxy S4 which is fitted to an Ibolt dock in the car. Initially had problems with static through the Aux out jack in the car when the phone charging cable was connected to the Anker. Disconnect the charging cable and the static would stop.
Initially thought it was a ground loop fault in the car(BMW). Contacted Anker, excellent customer service, who replied that they would immediately send me a new charger to try.
Received the replacement which is now static free.
Anker, an excellent company to deal with

5.0 out of 5 stars Very high quality usb car charger, 15 Feb. 2014
Very high standard charger, can charge 2 items at once no problem (2 iphones, or an iphone and a tablet). USB cables fit very tight into so no fear they'll pull loose. Item itself fits very tight into car lighter, so when pulling cables out etc, it doesn't budge (last one we had kept unplugging). It's big so not so good if you need flush fitting or you're short on space, but not too big it's too noticeable once plugged in. Ours is left in all the time, no issues and its always charging something. Great charger and would buy another no worries.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, 22 Sept. 2014
This is perfect for anyone that has both a mobile phone and Sat Nav. To be honest you can use any combination of devices, but I should imagine this would be the most common scenario.

There's not really a lot to say about this except it's small (only sticks out about 3 cm past the port top) and can comfortably accept 2 devices.... A TomTom & HTC One were both plugged into this and it handled them brilliantly.

I did find it was maybe a little tight to fit into the cigarette adapter, but this meant once it was in place it didn't get jolted out losing connection which I've found with some chargers. I do like the matt black top (where the cables plug in) and it'll look geat if you have black trim as it'll almost blend in.

The cable is a decent length to reach your mobile holder or whatever you are using it for and is a good quality to offer the appropriate charge.

I really don't know what to say except if you have a couple of devices that need to be powered at the same time this adapter is just what you need.

I was supplied a sample for test and evaluation, and I promised that my review is fair and honest