5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant addition to the Mog series
Published on 4 Jan. 2001 by Urbangril21

You can't help but think that the writer of this book has no idea about how people or cats behave.

Published 28 days ago by Ashley Frieze

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant addition to the Mog series, 4 Jan. 2001
This review is from: Mog's Bad Thing (Hardcover)
After all these years it wouldn't be that surprising if the Mog books had started to fall off in quality...but not a bit of it. Mog's ongoing battle of wills with Mr Thomas continues, with Mog looking so woebegone that surely nobody could side with Mr T in whose chair Mog does a very bad thing...(well, nobody but my far-from-ailurophile husband, perhaps). Poor Mog, life does such awful things to her and, being 'nice but not very clever' (how like so many cats!) she always seems a bit behind in understanding the situation. But as usual she ends up with a big grin and all is well in her world. An indispensable addition to the collection for Mogophiles of any age.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accidents do happen, Even to Mog!!, 29 Nov. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Mog's Bad Thing (Paperback)
This is the story of the day Mog did a very bad thing....It was an accident, but he had an accident on Mr Thomas's chair. This is story of the events preceeding and following Mog's unfortunate episode. It will deight children of all ages with clever use of language and wonderful illustrations. A great book in true Mog tradition, this is a must for anyone who loves to here their kids giggle during a bed time story.

5.0 out of 5 stars So cute! I love Mog....and so should you all!, 23 April 2008
This review is from: Mog's Bad Thing (Paperback)
One of the many Mog stories, and one of my favourites! Mog is possibly one of the most adorable cats ever put to paper! Any child or adult cat lover will cherish her exploits.
And in this story Mog has done a "Bad Thing" in the lounge....She didnt mean too, but the big scary flappy thing in the garden frightened her! Bless! The art is amazing, the facial expressions of Mog are utterly cute, and we can really empathise with her! Theres a happy ending too, and lots of lovely cats to look at with a cat show going on. Perfect for kids and grown ups! Adorable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mos's a good thing!, 3 April 2011
This review is from: Mog's Bad Thing (Paperback)
An excellent book. I bought my niece 'Mog the Forgetful Cat' for Christmas as I had loved it as a child. She loved it too so bought this for her birthday. I thought it might be particularly pertinent as she is potty training and has also recently moved house. Beautiful illustrations too...

2.0 out of 5 stars Every time my daughter asks me to read this to her I die inside, 6 April 2015
This review is from: Mog's Bad Thing (Paperback)

I know Judith Kerr is popular and that this range of books has sold very well. I suspect that's because it was read by people who were just looking at the pretty pictures of cats, and liked the sound of the words, rather than paying any attention to the content.

Awful awful nonsense.

I'd rate it 1 star, but my 2 year old daughter really likes it, so her vote bumps the rating up. She'll learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars everyone loves Mog!!, 28 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Mog's Bad Thing (Paperback)
My little boy is 3 and absolutely adores the whole collection of Mog books. This one is loved just as much as all the rest. Highly recommended!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 28 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Mog's Bad Thing (Paperback)
Our children, aged 2 and 2, loved this story. It's beautifully written and illustrated. We'll be purchasing more of the Mog series in future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mog's good story..., 8 April 2013
Ms. Kayleigh J. Nisbet "kay769" (Derbyshire, United Kingdom.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mog's Bad Thing (Paperback)
This story was an easy, steady read which allowed the children to be humoured and entertained. They giggled and laughed at silly Mogs antics but it also allowed them to sympathise with Mog, because they could relate to their own irrational fears. They understood why certain objects or events had caused Mog to feel that way as well as why family members had reacted in a certain way. This boosted their awareness of the emotional and behavioural aspects of animals and humans.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy grandson, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Mog's Bad Thing (Paperback)
My 3 year old grandson loves this book, it's a great success. Great pictures, and the text is just right, not too hard for a 3 year old, but stimulating and enriching vocabulary. Grown ups can enjoy it too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth having, 21 Mar. 2013
Jeannie (Wiltshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mog's Bad Thing (Paperback)
Not one of my favourite Mogs but any Mog is special. Mog is a part of our life and I introduce her to my grand-children (their parents know my friend Judith Kerr and have handed on their books) book by book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›