5.0 out of 5 stars This is a five star product don’t believe the naysayers
In short
Pros: Great design
Great functionality
Super accurate GPS and super quick lock on
Covers all elements of Triathlon and doesn't look like a tuna tin on your wrist.
Great price
Android and apple apps
Uploads automatically to runkeeper, mapmyride/fitness, strava and others
Strap is comfortable and robust (required for...
Published 2 months ago by Origin_al

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrendous..
I bought this watch for the simplest task of keeping track of my pool lengths. It fails miserably. I swim in a 50m pool and for most lengths it double counts. If I stop for any period of time it counts a lap. Also any of the completely useless metrics it generates while swimming cannot be seen within the tom tom my sports app.

In relation to running the...
Published 2 months ago by Ivan

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a five star product don’t believe the naysayers, 28 Jan. 2015
In short
Pros: Great design
Great functionality
Super accurate GPS and super quick lock on
Great price
Android and apple apps
Uploads automatically to runkeeper, mapmyride/fitness, strava and others
Strap is comfortable and robust (required for swimming).
Great battery life over a week if not used for GPS

Cons: Bluetooth can be inconsistent but no more than other Bluetooth devices I have.

I have this beautiful piece of technology for a month now and how anyone can give it one star I do not know. Its magic. Always choose design over software and that’s what TomTom have done this watch is really well designed it is so slim and compact it can be worn as an everyday watch. The design also has the Sat receiver pointing up as you run swim or cycle thus giving the best opportunity for the watch to pick up the satellite. Regarding the software it seems to have not started well 12-18months ago but is now top notch simple and intuitive. The device waterproof to 5 atmospheres unlike most other midrange satnav watches this means you can swim with it. It has run, cycle, swim, treadmill and freestyle activates. The freestyle can be used for open-water swims while the swim setting counts your lengths and strokes. Swim works well but turning mid length or kicking off and stopping will confuse it.
It picks up the satellite within about 5 seconds way quicker than my run partners watch from another manufacturer. As a bike computer its great showing speed distance and duration and you can toggle trough many other readings. I have 2 bikes both of which have computes that cost about £50 each and never worked very well. The multisport comes with a bike mount and makes an excellent bike computer and can easily be moved from my winter to summer bikes.

It will upload directly to runkeeper or strava and has apple and android mobile apps. Only quibble here is you need to toggle through the exercise on the watch a bit to wake it up and get it to talk to the mobile. I have has no issues with logging in to mysport or uploading. Regarding counting lengths I swim 9000M a week and it has done brilliantly and counting my lengths. You need to set the pool length (mine is 25m) the default is 20m so if you fail to set it up correctly it won’t work. Regarding distances I have used an I-phone, android phone, and a Garmin and there is no significant difference between any of these devices on measuring distance. If anything the TomTom is closer to the phones on accuracy. To the reviewer who gave one star and then said they bought a suunto. The comparable Suunto is about £300 I got the TomTom from Amazon for £95 delivered. Also, the suunto doesn’t have an Android app another gripe labelled at the TomTom.

All that’s missing is the ability to take SMSs from your phone while you bike, run or swim. Probably too much to ask as the price but a great piece of kit nonetheless.

Haven’t tried the interval training so cant comment.

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, 15 Jan. 2014
Its an excellent piece of kit. It is my first time owning one of these devices even though I've been running for years. The functionality is perfect, the GPS signal kicks in quickly, its easy to use and the large display means I can see what I need to when I'm running despite my poor eyesight. Its slim and feels like a real watch rather than a piece of equipment I need to strap onto myself when I head out the door. The real benefit of purchasing a watch like this is the ability to use sites like mapmyrun to their full extent, it is such a motivational tool being able to keep track of your runs. I've discovered levels of motivation in myself that I haven't had since I started running over fifteen years ago. I can't reccommend this device enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars great piece of running kit, 31 Jan. 2014
Excellent running gps, easy to use, long battery life and updating info looks great on the pc. Highly recommend for all running types.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't recommend this watch highly enough, 17 Jan. 2014
This GPS watch works perfectly and is exactly I need to help me train to run a marathon. I spent a lot of time looking up reviews of other GPS and heart rate monitor watches on the market before I decided to take a risk with the TomTom runner. Living in Finland, my main worry was the time I would have to stand outside waiting to get gps reception, as almost every gps watch has a few reviews claiming that they can take upto 10 minutes to connect! This may not be a problem for some, but in Finland it can be -15 when i start my run so standing still outside is not ideal! However, I didn't need to be worried because it takes the TomTom runner watch on average between 10 to 15 seconds to connect to a satellite and then I am ready to go. Of course, this will vary depending on your location etc, but TomTom have a feature that it downloads updates to your watch every time you connect the watch to a computer which makes it faster and easier for the watch to find a gps signal.

Once I am ready to start my run it is easy to set up different notifications or running programs on the watch. For example, I usually run so that the watch vibrates and beeps every km, showing my time. The option to set it so that it vibrates is particularly handy, as I like to listen to music during my runs and would not be able to hear the simple beep that most other watches give. I have also found that the current pace is stable and accurate, being almost identical during the lap to the time given at the end of it.

What I particularly like about the watch is the easy and modern interface. There are four buttons below the watch which let you navigate through a set of menus (up or down to change the selection, right to select, left to go back). This will be very familiar anyone who own a mobile phone and gives the watch a much more modern interface than some of its main competitors. It makes it easy and simple to use, taking seconds to program a workout and start running. It is also quite a clever design because the gps receiver is within the buttons below the screen. This means that the watch has a slim profile and is not as bulky as some of the competitors. It also means that the gps receiver is always pointing up when running.

Many people might say to avoid this product, as it is relatively new to the market and hasn't been tried and tested like the Garmin watches. However, I think that this is a positive because TomTom is entering quite a crowded and competitive market, which has meant that TomTom have clearly done their homework and seem to be committed to this product. If you look online at popular review sites it is not uncommon for TomTom representatives to actively reply to feedback and provide support, which is quite rare. Also, as the watch is a new product TomTom are continuously making major function improvements and additions, which is also relatively rare. For example, many early reviews of the product criticised the fact that if you press back twice accidentally then it cancels your run. TomTom listened to this feedback and released a free update that means that you can now change the settings so that you have to hold the back button twice for three seconds to cancel the run, meaning that accidental cancellations are no longer a problem. TomTom have also given a roadmap of how they will develop the watch and bring new updates in the future that will only make the watch better: [...]. This means that a watch that I think is already great is only going to get better!

If you are thinking of investing in a gps watch I cannot recommend this watch highly enough. The only criticism that I could come up with is that the tomtom website that you upload your data to is quite basic. However, this really isn't a problem because you can download your run information in a variety of file formats and use any of the numerous sites on the internet to track your progress, such as myasics or mapmyrun. TomTom have also said that they will be updating and improving its website, and if you are only interested in the basic information then it is sufficient (time, distance, lap times, heart rate etc).

Buy this watch and you won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch and learn..., 11 Nov. 2013
DARKcell - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
===== UPDATE 24/11/13 =====

The below is part of a message left on this review by a TomTom employee, it just goes to show that they really do listen to customer feedback, and are pretty sharpish about updating features. I have actually used the feature they talk about (press and hold left button), and it works marvellously, exactly what the watch needed...

"A part of your review was about screen lag and accidental training pauses. We received concerns from other customers about this as well and tried to address the issue in the most recent software update. (version 1.5.1) The watch now requires you to press and hold left to pause the training and press and hold again to stop the training completely. This is an optional setting that can be switched off in the watch options. A useful link for people to have is this page, where we will post the new fixes/features added with each watch software update: [...]

===== UPDATE ENDS & ORIGINAL REVIEW BEGINS =====

***DISCLOSURE***
'TomTom' provided this item free of charge for me to test and evaluate. In exchange, I agreed to provide an honest review detailing my thoughts. This is said review.
----------------------------------------------

This is an in depth review of TomTom's latest top of the range multi-sport watch. I have extremely (with a capital 'E') limited experience with the Garmin 910XT, so where comparisons can be made, and conclusions drawn, I will make every effort to do so.

===== ACCESSORIES =====
This package comes with the following accessories (further information on each resides in the relevant sections below) :
- Heart rate monitor
- Cable and dock to connect to computer
- Cadence and speed sensors to attach to your bike (with cable ties to assist with this)
- Handlebar mount

===== FIRST IMPRESSIONS AND AESTHETICS =====
This watch came wonderfully packaged in a beautiful presentation box that would easily attract attention on any store shelf. Upon opening you are greeted by the watch, sitting proudly above all accessories and user manuals neatly boxed beneath. The watch is actually two parts, the strap and the screen segment. They detach from one another so that the watch module can sit in the computer dock, or in the bike mount. This works surprisingly well and is a doodle to take apart and put back together on a regular basis. The strap is a rubber material that helps with grip when sweating. When being worn on your wrist, even for extended periods of time, it is extremely comfortable. My everyday watch is a G-Shock and this offering from TomTom easily surpasses it in terms of everyday comfort. I think this is largely due to the fact that you not only have the solid rear of the watch against your arm, but also the curved segment that slots into the computer docking station. This curved portion sits perfectly between the styloid processes, and just feels 'nice'. The strap is a perfect size for what I would consider my average sized wrists. However, if a slimmer version is what you want, TomTom have you covered, as they are also available. The watch, whilst being worn simply as a 'watch', looks extremely modern and goes with everything I have in my wardrobe.

The first thing I did after putting the watch on was walk outside to see just how quick I could find a GPS signal. There's me standing in my drive and... nothing, no signal at all. I was a little perturbed to say the least. However, there is a simple solution, plug it into your computer and go through the setup process. In addition to entering fairly standard information about yourself, the watch sorts itself out by correcting the time, and downloading the latest 'QuickGPS' data. This simply means that the watch will get a satellite signal quicker. And it works. Immediately after doing so, the watch found signal outside within 10-20 seconds. I believe that new QuickGPS data is available to download on a daily basis. This certainly doesn't mean that you need to plug it in every day for it to work adequately. Simply by plugging the watch in when it requires charging, or to transfer your latest activities will automatically download the latest QuickGPS data.

===== COMPUTER CONNECTION AND RELATED WEBSITES =====
The supplied computer dock is very slick. The detachable watch module (that comes away from the strap) slots in easily and is positioned at such an angle that you can still see the screen if need be. The bottom of the dock is a lovely rubberised material that stops it from slipping around the desk. This means you can have the wire out of sight with the dock simply popping its head over the back of your desk taking up very little room, whilst not worrying about it falling off, never to be found again.

Some will say that a wired connection is a strange idea considering watches like the Garmin 910XT use Bluetooth to transfer data to and from the watch. Whilst this was my initial thinking as well, I've come to realise that for me at least, it doesn't really make a difference. You have to plug in both watches to charge them at some point, and why not sit it in a nice dock and have data transferred that way. With the Garmin 910XT I have had some issues with the Bluetooth transfer. Quite often the computer just doesn't seem to realise the watch is nearby so I end up sitting there trying to get them to communicate for five minutes, which is rather boring.

The two websites that are linked from within the watches computer software are the TomTom MySports website, and 'MapMyFitness'. I haven't used either of these extensively, but both appear to be as you would imagine, detailing heart rate and sport-specific information, as well as showing a map of your route. MapMyFitness also have an iOS app that will enable you to view your activities whilst on the go. This is handy, but is only a 'lite' version so to see more detailed information you are encouraged to upgrade to premium, which I haven't.

The data on all of your workouts can be exported into formats KML, CSV, GPX, FIT and TCX. This enables you to upload them to virtually any of your favourite fitness websites, including ones such as RunKeeper and Strava.

===== WATCH FUNCTIONALITY =====
The watch functionality is at its very core, simple. There are four buttons laid out in a square that do everything. In addition to these, you have a small touch sensitive 'button' on the right side of the screen that activates the watch's light. What I'll call the 'home screen' (what you would stare at on a regular basis if you wore this as an every day watch), consists of the current time and date.

Pressing the left button on the square brings you to the 'Watch status' screen. This shows you the battery, storage, status of QuickGPS, version number and serial number. Simply pressing left or right, or indeed leaving the screen for 30 seconds will bring you back to the home screen.

By pressing the down button from the home screen you arrive at the 'Settings' screen. From here you have four options, 'Clock', 'Sensors', 'Options' and 'Profile'.
Within the 'Clock' menu you can set the time and date, which is unnecessary if you have set the watch up from the computer. You can also set an alarm and choose 12/24hr display for the watch.
The 'Sensors' menu simply allows you to turn on or off the watch's ability to detect the heart rate sensor and bike sensors.
Within 'Options' you can change the units (in which you CAN have miles/KG, if you are that way inclined), decide whether clicking a button should cause the watch to click, vibrate, both or neither, and also to enter a demo mode. Also within the 'Options' menu is the ability to turn the night mode on or off. If on, the back light will remain on during exercise, instead of you having to activate it yourself using the touch sensitive button.
Inside the 'Profile' menu you can change the language and alter personal details that you will most likely have already programmed on your initial setup on the computer. These include height, weight age and gender.

A single press of the right button from the home screen brings you to the 'Activities' menu. From here you can choose between, 'Run', 'Cycle', 'Swim' or 'Treadmill'. After choosing one of these options, you are brought to what I call the 'Ready' screen. This will show you the status of GPS, the battery remaining, and with what accessories the watch has a connection. When you have found a GPS signal (if your chosen activity requires one) the screen will show 'GO', and a press of the right button will begin your workout. From the 'Ready' screen, you can press up to see a helpful list of your history in that specific activity, or down for sport-specific settings, which I will address further in their respective sections below. In the history section, you currently can't, but it would be nice in the future to be able to delete exercise sessions, without having to upload them to the computer and then delete them from whichever website/s you choose to view them on.

When scrolling through menus, or pressing buttons to move onto the next screen I have at times experienced some definite lag. Sometimes (not always) you can press a button and not be entirely sure whether or not it's registered, which leads you to press it again, which could cause some issues with cancelling activities that I talk about in more detail below.

Another issue that some people may have, is that you can only store five separate activities on the watch, before the memory is full, and they need to be uploaded to the computer. If you're going away for a week/end filled with exercise and won't have access to a computer, I can see this being a problem.

===== RUNNING =====
Before setting off on your run, you can choose what kind of training you're after by pressing down from the aforementioned 'Ready' screen. You have five options :
- None - No target, just run.
- Goals - Choose between a distance, time or calorie goal
- Laps - Here you can set your laps either by time, distance or manually
- Zones - You can choose what pace range or heart rate zone you wish to work out in, and the watch will help you stay there
- Race - This mode allows you to race against your past self

Each of the above (not including 'None') modes come with an attractive extra screen located to the right of the main running screen that assists you with your targets. For example, if you choose 'Race', you'll get a picture of a road with two arrows. One is you now, and one is your past self. There is also number at the bottom of the screen showing how far in front or behind you are. This may sound a little gimmicky, but is actually extremely helpful at motivating you to push that little extra and get a PB. Thumbs up.

My first proper use of this watch was on a late evening run. The following is a brief synopsis of my initial thoughts, along with some additions gleaned from further use.

The watch found GPS signal and the heart rate monitor within 10-15 seconds with no issue. Even during exercising, the watch is very comfortable, much more so in my opinion that the 910XT. The GPS data is very accurate, visibly (on the map once the activity has been uploaded) tracking me when I left the pitch to collect the ball following a wayward shot in a 5-a-side football match. During a run, your access to certain settings and options is limited, more so than I would like. Whilst running, you can't change the night mode on/off setting or the units your run is shown in. Both of which seem small, but they would be handy additions through a software update.

Your standard run screen consists of three parts (in addition to GPS status, heart rate monitor connection status and battery remaining being displayed along the bottom), a main section and two smaller sections at the top right and top left. The top two smaller sections can display either the current time, duration, distance, pace, average pace, calories and heart rate. While you can change these during your run, I recommend sorting them out prior. The main centralised display shows the current time, and by scrolling using the down button also shows, duration, distance, pace, average pace, calories and heart rate, in that order. It is a non-looping list, meaning that if you were to keep pressing the down button, you would still end up at heart rate. I like this as it means that when you get to know the order of the list, you can press up/down x times and know where you'll land. Alternatively, madly pressing the up button a dozen times will always show the current time. Simple and effective.

I have my top two segments saved for heart rate and pace. On a run and at a glance, it can be easy to forget exactly what you've set these sections to show (as they only show a number, and no unit explanation). An extremely handy touch, that shows these watches have been tested in the real world before going on sale is that when pressing the up/down button to cycle through the main display, the top two segments are filled for a couple of seconds with an explanation of what they are showing, before jumping back to the numbers. Sounds like a small almost pointless addition, but I've found it helpful even from the first run.

I think there should be the ability to edit the overall layout of the standard run screen. The 910XT provides four separate screens each that you can slice into as many segments as you wish, to then scroll through at your leisure. This TomTom watch has one main run screen that has three segments. If I'm completely honest, given the ability to edit the screen, I would probably end up with something extremely similar, if not exactly the same as what is already provided, but the option (that surely wouldn't be all that hard to implement) would be nice to have.

When pressing the up/down button to cycle through your main view, the screen simply can't keep up with the speed at which you press. It does however register the presses every time and will always, without fail, land on the correct display.

During your run, a press of the left button pauses the activity, giving you a brief overview of what you've already done. From here you can press up to view your history, right to resume your current activity, down to change what is displayed in the top two segments, and left to end the run. My only slight concern with this is that from the main run screen, a double press (either accidental or instigated by lag) of the left button will end your run (or other activity), and there's no going back, which would be massively annoying if you happened to be on track for a PB. In a future update, I would like to see some form of button combination confirmation, so as to negate any accidental cancellations. It hasn't happened to me yet, but can only presume that out of thousands of regular users, it will.

===== TREADMILL =====
The treadmill function of this watch offers the same goals and viewing options as the the running mode.
The big difference is that you're not using GPS, but instead, the watch's internal accelerometer. This measures, rather accurately in my tests, the distance you have travelled, by working out how many times you swing your arm.
When you have finished your run, you get the option to calibrate your run. This simply means you tell the watch how far you actually ran, generally according to the treadmill. The only issue here is the reliability of the treadmill in question. They, like most pieces of equipment, have to be properly maintained, and if they're not, can give erroneous readings. So, my advice, only calibrate your run if you're extremely confident that the treadmill is correct, or if the watch is obviously wrong.

===== CYCLING =====
To get the full cycling experience that this watch package has to offer, you must first attach a few things to the bike. The supplied instruction manuals didn't really help me with this so I sought out some help on YouTube. The following video shows you how to attach the speed and cadence sensor [...] - cable ties are supplied to assist with this. The next step is to attach the bike mount, that allows the screen (once detached from the watch strap) to be secured onto your handlebars. This should have been ridiculously easy, but even after watching the TomTom video - [...] - I still struggled, but that probably says more about me than the video. Once on, the bike mount is wonderful, and it's surprising how much easier it is to use the watch when it's in the mount, as opposed to on your wrist.
The next stage is to go into the bike setting on the watch and set your wheel size. [...] This website will quickly explain how to, and most importantly includes a link to a website with a marvellous table that will sort you out.

Once everything was on I attempted to get them connected to the watch. A headache followed as I struggled to get everything to talk to each other. After a decent amount of strife, a simple factory reset done on the computer with the watch plugged in, did the trick, and everything now works peachy.

In the settings of the cycle mode, you can change your wheel size, training goals, and display. In the training goals, everything is the same as with the running, except in 'Zones', you have the option of heart rate, speed, or cadence.

The display in the cycling mode is the same as the running, in terms of the tri-segmented view. The data fields that are available to view are as follows; current time, duration, distance, speed, average speed, cadence, calories, heart rate, ascent and gradient.

On my first bike ride once I had got everything sorted out, the watch found GPS and connected to the heart rate monitor, speed and cadence sensors within around 10-20 seconds.

===== SWIMMING =====
In the swimming mode, the watch doesn't use GPS so tracking can't be used if you're swimming in an outdoor pool, or in an open water swim.
In the settings you can set the pool size, which wrist you wear the watch on, your training goals, and what you'd like to be displayed.
You training goals include, distance, time, calories; and within the laps menu, time and distance.
The data fields that can be viewed when swimming as as follows; current time, duration, distance, lengths, SWOLF, strokes and calories.

As of yet, I haven't used this function that extensively, so can't comment on the long term effectiveness and accuracy, but so far it seems pretty spot on.

===== HEART RATE MONITOR =====
As this in my opinion is the most versatile accessory included in this package, I thought it deserved its own section.
Before using this, you must make sure that the heart rate monitor is enabled from within the 'Sensors' menu.
Like other heart rate sensors I've used, it recommends wetting the two sensors on the strap before using it, and I have found this definitely helps with connection to the watch.
The heart rate strap is extremely comfy and adjustable. I actually find it comfier than the one for the Garmin 910XT. Even when doing intense exercise and sweating, I often forget I'm wearing it.
The instruction manual, as far as I can see, doesn't discuss washing the heart rate strap. I can only presume that you can; the alternative doesn't really bare thinking about after months of training.

===== CONCLUSION =====
This is a great watch that can be used for a whole host of activities in addition to the four named above. All of the negatives I've mentioned above, and listed below, for me personally certainly aren't deal breakers. They're more niggles than anything else; and considering TomTom is fairly new to this market, compared to other manufacturers, can all be excused. The big reason these 'cons' are really, to me at least, just annoyances, is the fact that they are all software issues. The hardware, i.e. what will never change once you've purchased it, is seriously top notch, and I have absolutely no issues with it.

At this moment in time the watch gets 4.5 stars out of 5. The drop of half a star could easily be earned back by future software tweaks. Bearing in mind that TomTom very quickly got on top of software alteration requests from customers for their latest range of sat-navs, I have no reason to doubt they will address any software issues their customer base as a whole identifies.

OVERVIEW
Would I recommend this product to a friend? Yes

PROS:
+ Extremely comfortable watch strap
+ Quickly finds GPS
+ Quickly connects with heart rate monitor
+ Quickly connects with speed and cadence sensors
+ Well designed computer docking station
+ Export workouts to multiple formats
+ Simple and intuitive four-way button
+ Multiple goals/targets for each activity (that include extra graphics to help you)
+ Extremely comfortable and adjustable heart rate strap

CONS/ANNOYANCES:
- Can't delete workouts from within the watch
- Sometimes can't keep up with multiple fast clicks, and gets left a screen or two behind (but always gets there within a couple seconds)
- Limited access to certain settings/options menus during exercise. For example, the inability to switch the night mode on or off whilst running
- No customisation options of in-exercise screens in terms of layout

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrendous.., 28 Jan. 2015

In relation to running the distance counts are between 500-750m shorter than that received with my old Garmin 305 and also Strava on my I-phone. The heart rate strap is a joke, rubbed my raw during a quick 10k.

I haven’t bothered using it on the bike as I now have no confidence in the device.

If you are looking for a cheaper alternative to a 910xt or 920xt as I was….Don’t buy this watch unless you plan to use it as an expensive paper weight.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome device, comfy and effective., 1 Feb. 2015
Great training gadget.
It's really helped me to improve my splits by using the race feature whilst running.
I can finally keep track of the number of laps in the pool, although this can be a bit sensitive and you may find a couple of rogue laps on there.
The bike mount is a little tricky to fit but then this is the least used function so far.
The connectivity with my iPad is great, I just walk in the room and it starts immediately.
Always fast to find a satellite even when not docked for a few days.
My only gripe is no mains adapter for charging, but then regular laptop/ PC docking keeps the GPS updated.

3.0 out of 5 stars The bad bits are, 8 Nov. 2014
I have used this now for about six months. The bad bits are:

The heart rate monitor straps digs in after wearing for a while and rubbed me raw (I still have a scar after a run 5 months ago). Didn't matter how tight the strap was or wasn't, but with sweating it really hurt after a while so no longer use the HRM.

If you use it with various apps the distance, times and certainly the splits can be very different. On some apps it will add any paused time, which is frustrating if you have to pause whilst crossing a road or whatever, thereby not giving accurate times. The actual My Sports app does not (or I have not found) a way of seeing laps which read straight off the watch.

It is useless for outdoor swimming. I understand that the sea can be choppy but even swimming in a lake on a clear sunny day and the recordings were useless. In a pool, and with some updates, this is ok now when you set the correct distance of laps.

I have not used it for bike riding so cannot comment.

I do use it for my treadmill and found it to be ok, but probably need to synch it more often than I do.

The strap is infuriating because the green bit that holds down the excess strap gives moving or coming off, I have small wrists so a lot of excess strap!

The good stuff:

It does find your location very quick.

It is accurate over the mileage and pace.

I like the way it syncs with various other apps, such as Myfitnesspal and My Asics and others despite the discrepancies mentioned above.

I like the fact that it does get updated by TomTom fairly regularly.

Over all I think it is a very over priced watch for the spec and would have to confess at being disappointed overall and would probably not recommend. However it is better than my old Garmin 305 Forerunner!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 22 Mar. 2015
C. Harding (Essex) - See all my reviews
Really really wanted this watch to be good. Im training for the London marathon and needed a watch that would work over in America whilst I was away on holiday and couldn't use my phone app. I did loads of research to get a good quality reliable watch and chose the Tom Tom multisport. The first watch arrived and I went through all of the set up on my computer and left it to fully charge before going out for a run. The watch took forever to find the satellite and the battery only just lasted long enough for a 12 mile run (2 hours) so I went home and sync it with the computer and let it re-charge. By 5pm it was fully charged and by following the morning it had switched off due to a flat battery!!! Needless to say it seemed like a faulty unit and it went back to Amazon for a replacement. Amazon were great and dispatched a replacement which arrived 2 days later. I went through the same set up process with the new watch except this one couldn't find a satellite at all! I stood outside for 20 minutes and it still couldn't find one. The bluetooth wouldn't sync with my iPhone 5s or my iPad. I needed to do a 18 mile run so fully charged the watch and went out hoping it would find a satellite whilst I was warming up. The watch tried for 15 minutes to find a satellite and then switched itself off, thankfully my 'Mapmyrun' app was up and running in seconds and did everything the watch couldn't!
Once again the watch has gone back and been replaced with a Garmin Forerunner 15, yes its not as fancy and its cheaper, but it found a satellite (in the house) in under 30 seconds.
I SO wanted this Tom Tom watch to be good, and maybe I was just unlucky, but the watch was very disappointing. At least Amazon were faultless with their customer service.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great GPS watch for running, 29 Dec. 2014
Was a bit apprehensive about buying this as there have been some mixed reviews, but after getting it and using it for a while I am very pleased with it.

What attracted me to this was the bluetooth functionality, having used my phone and mapmyrun for ages i didn't want to have to fire up my laptop each time I came in from a run, with this you can sync straight to your smartphone and then view everything on either the tomtom software or mapmyrun which can be installed on your phone or tablet.

Additionally a lot of complaints about gps watches are the amount of time it takes to get a gps lock, with thr bluetooth you can fire up the tomtom software to fet the latest gps satelite locations then sync with the watch over bluetooth and then when you get outside it picks up the satellites in seconds. No complaints whatsoever, just keep your phone updated and synced with the watch regularly.

On the road i guess it depends what you want from a watch, if upgrading from a phone which i decided to do as smartphones are getting bigger and more cumbersome to put on your arm, then you are most likely happy with time distance and pace which this does. The interface is easy enough to master whilst on the go. If you want lots of other detailrd analysis whilst running then perhaps some of the more expensive models are better suited, but what i rrally like about this watch is that it lookd nice on the wrist for everyday wear as opposed to some of the more expensice gps watches.

Haven't used it for cycling yet and the cycling strap does look a bit small, once again unless you want to get highly detailed data the out of the box kit should be sufficient for this.

Shop around for a good price as they do vary but amazon wqs the cheapest when i was searching.

TomTom Runner GPS Watch - Dark Pink