5.0 out of 5 stars A strange world that somehow seems like home
As an avid follower of Kaylin and the other rest of the inhabitants of Elantra, I was very much looking forward to the next instalment.
Of course, it didn't disappoint. Michelle Sagara has always been more interested in the way in which her characters develop in the face of some difficult (and unusual) challenges and this is one of the joys of the series...
Published on 7 Dec 2010 by NicE

3.0 out of 5 stars Cast in chaos
Read the previous books in series. This story lost the plot and suddenly finished. Not entirely sure the point of the story was. Regret getting this book as enjoyed the previous.
Published 9 months ago by MISS L E HOOK

5.0 out of 5 stars A strange world that somehow seems like home, 7 Dec 2010

The focus on great characters goes well beyond the central character of Kaylin Neya. One of the things that excites me about every new episode of "Cast in..", since it introduces new and interesting characters and we also get to know much more about the existing one too. This is a mile away from most other novels, where characters seldom have any real difficulties and do not really seem to change no matter how apparently difficult their choices seem to be.

Elantra is a strange world in which there live very three dimensional human characters.

I have very much looking forward to Cast In Ruins next year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant, 3 Aug 2010
This is an utterly brilliant book as we make headway on the relationship between Kaylin and co. Lord Nightshade, Severn and co are back, along with Sanabalis and Tiamaris. We get to meet the Arkon somemore and even meet a few who will no doubt take a bigger focus in the upcoming books in the series.

This particular story focuses on the Elements in a big way, as political conflicts make for intriguing finish to the ever expansive world of Elantra. Still no etiquette class for our beloved heroine, but it is but a matter of time.

Fantastic edition to the series. Fans of the series will not be left disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Cast in chaos, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Cast in Chaos (Luna) (The Chronicles of Elantra - Book 6) (Kindle Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Less action, many many more details than usual., 2 Sep 2012
I would say this is my least favourite of the series so far. There was very little action and a whole lot of introspection and philosophical debate going on- possibly because of the dragon heavy presence in this book. The 'romance' between Severn and Kaylin is more of a declaration of what they love about each other than actual romance. Its a shame that this hasnt been built up more over a few books, as im not sure if/when anything does actually develop between them, it'll even feel believable. As opposed to devouring (pardon the pun) this book, i actually fell asleep whilst bogged down in the many many pages of details, almost at every sitting. However- we're left with many interesting developments at the end, which im hoping will evolve into a much better 8th book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chronicles of Elantra / captivating series, 12 Aug 2012
I find the series Chronicles of Elantra really captivating. Can't wait for the next
book to be published. It is fantasy of the highest standard, you really feel a part of
the story

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series, 13 Oct 2011
Wonderful characters that keep developing from story to story. Keep thinking there is no where else for the story to go, but Sagara comes up trumps. Can't wait for the rest in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Series, 2 Aug 2011
I've read this book again recently to remind myself what's happened before I get to read Cast in Ruin. It's definitely one of my favourites in this series. I love the fact that Michelle leaves all sorts of openings for storylines for the future if you follow the clues - can't wait to find out what comes from the egg!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Jun 2011
What can I say? Well it was brilliant. Every time I come to these books and think I'll be disappointed because there hasn't been a bad book yet but I'm glad to say this it yet another cracker.
I loved the twists and turns of the story and couldn't wait to rush to the end to find out what happens. The best bit is that I can never guess the ending, I'm always surprised.
If you haven't checked out this series, you must. It's the best fantasy series I've read in years.

4.0 out of 5 stars "The Chronicles of Elantra" series book 6, 5 Jun 2011
Book Addict - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
In book 6 of this fantasy adventure series, Kaylin faces her greatest enemy yet; the "Devourer" (which reminded me somewhat of Anne Bishop's "Eater of Worlds"). Just when it looks like Kaylin is about to endure her long anticipated etiquette lessons, strange things begin to happen on the streets of Elantra as magic begins to leak into the area. Kaylin of course is in the thick of the investigation and resulting action, assisted by familiar faces Severn, Nightshade, Sanabalis, Tiamaris, Ybelline and Tara, whilst others take a more active role than in previous books; such as The Arkon and The Keeper.

It's been a while since I read the last few books in this series, and I admit I wish I'd re-read them instead of diving straight into "Cast in Chaos". Re-familiarising myself with Kaylin's prior escapades; in particular the Elements, the Old Tongue and the significance of True Names would have helped. I'd forgotten that I find this author's complex concepts surrounding the aforementioned sometimes bewildering; both of which MS not only revisits in this book but explores further.

As usual Kaylin faces yet another end of the world threat which she somehow manages to battle her way through despite having no idea of how exactly she is going to save the day. Her friends continue to have faith in her, and amid all the action there are some really heart wrenching moments; particularly when Severn explains to Kaylin why he loves her. Something really interesting happens to Kaylin's marks; however their import and Kaylin's understanding of them and why she bears them still remains a mystery. The ending of this book ends with a surprise, and some interesting times are definitely ahead in book 7 "Cast in Ruin" due for publication later this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars love these books...., 14 Mar 2011
and this one is no exception. The story continues with familiar characters and introduces new ones and is just as page-turning as the books before it. I love the characterisation and the way that we get to know the characters a little better in each book. Seeing the way Kaylin has grown up over the course of these books whilst retaining her charm and integrity has been a joy.