4.0 out of 5 stars Better than last gen but still room for improvement
Published 19 months ago by Ollie Woods

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but could be a good deal better
Have used Madden since it started. When a PC version was no longer available moved to a PSP which I found to be very good but of course very small.

Although this version is fine the faces are too generic and some of the flexibility in plays has been lost from what the PSP offered.

I think I am waiting for a much improved version.
Published 14 months ago by Mr. S.K.Chapman

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than last gen but still room for improvement, 8 Dec. 2013
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Madden NFL 25 (PS4) (Video Game)
Having played a season of Madden 25 on my Xbox 360, going undefeated with my custom Steelers running back, I knew that the next gen version would be a day one purchase with my Playstation 4. I really enjoyed the gameplay and as always the presentation of the game was first class - surely that wouldn't be any different on the PS4? As it turned out, the game is just as enjoyable though some of the annoyances remain.

First off, the presentation is still first class and the move to a more powerful console has made things even better. The menus are very akin to the Metro stylings of Windows 8, with a grid of different options that is now found in the pause menu as well as the main menus. Everything is easy to find, though I was a bit confused moving from the old list view in the pause menu. The match day feel is retained from the very beginning, from the videos of each team to the animated avatars of Phil Simms and Jim Nantz as well as the stat overlays (often sponsored by a well known company). Commentary is solid, though Phil Simms does recycle his lines a lot. The Ignite engine helps animate the crowd and the field and gives a real sense of immersion, though I do miss the stadium flyovers from the last gen and some players don't look right (Colin Kaepernick has no tattoos, for example). I also feel that the graphics could be even better - NBA 2k14 on next gen has showed just what these consoles can do and Madden isn't quite there yet.

Gameplay is as good as it's always been. I'm not a massively hardcore NFL fan but I find that I can string plays together quite well. Running plays seem to be more difficult than on last gen and as my created character I've struggled to make many yards on the same Pro difficulty - some people have reported a speeding up of motion once the HB has the ball but I haven't really experienced this. The Read Option is very difficult to pull off and is a bit fiddly - I think I've been successful once so far when trying the play. Passing is fine and defending is responsive - I'm just not very good at it!

All of the game modes in the last gen game appear to have returned, from the very useful Skills Trainer to Connected Franchises and Ultimate Team. Personally I'm still mourning the loss of the normal Create a Team (and the amazing stadiums I made in it) but I guess EA can push more people towards Ultimate Team without its inclusion. Ultimate Team remains a cash cow for EA across its sports series, but the game definitely doesn't require that you splash out for more players. Online play is fine - I've yet to really play much online but the games I've played have been alright.

All in all, Madden 25 is an improvement over its last gen namesake but there is still a lot that could be done, and no doubt will be done for the next instalment of this successful franchise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than 'last gen' versions., 5 Jan. 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Madden NFL 25 (PS4) (Video Game)
It's not just a graphics update on the PS4, the gameplay is improved and the collision detection at the line is better.

Even though some of my favourite features keep getting removed year after year, I still enjoy playing, although choosing to play as a second-string, undrafted QB for the Dolphins isn't getting me much game time *chuckles* Great at holding the ball for the kicker now, though!

4.0 out of 5 stars Madden is Madden as always., 30 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Madden NFL 25 (PS4) (Video Game)
Its Madden. What more can I say. Same game I used to sit and play on a Nintendo in my mates house when i was 10 years old...Really in my memory the game seems the same..It is the same, Im sure its the same, just the graphics keep getting better...Sure controls, animations, modes and presentation will be much greater. But to me its Madden u know what u get, its a good game of american footy and this one has loadsa in depth modes to keep you entertained all year long but Im only a casual player so wont be into it that much, for a quick game and online its fun same old Madden its always been and always will be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hit the nail on the head, 3 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Madden NFL 25 (PS4) (Video Game)
Madden 25 for the PlayStation 3 was good but there wasn't anything new and exciting about it, I felt like I played madden 13 but with updated teams.. This version has much better graphics, smoother gameplay apps expected on the PlayStation 4. The crowds aren't as good as Fifa 14 for the PS4 but I expect that will arrive with next years addition.
I've started a career at the Miami Dolphins and throughout the games your player will have wear and tear on him, The game is less glitchy and players won't do stupid things like repeatedly fall over after the play.
You can definitely feel the difference and seeing the game and playing it you will definitely be able to see for yourself

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright Future just not quite now, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Madden NFL 25 (PS4) (Video Game)
After having owned the PS3 version I was taken in by the next generation trailers and dived right in, let's start but saying the graphics are a bit better than the PS3 but not like the trailers (cheers EA) , but saying that this is still a good game that fans of madden will enjoy and madden haters will hate I think this shows a bright future ahead and it is worth purchasing.

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but could be a good deal better, 26 May 2014
This review is from: Madden NFL 25 (PS4) (Video Game)

I think I am waiting for a much improved version.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy for any NFL fan, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Madden NFL 25 (PS4) (Video Game)
I dont normally buy the madden games but i thought i would give the next gen game a try and i was not dissapointed. The game mechanics work really well and feel realistic down to the last big hit which you can almost feel yourself. The connection can occasionally be laggy but thats mainly because you are often paired up with someone from America, which is expected. The skill games are a good way to prcatise specific movements or plays before jumping into a game. The graphics are really impressive and also you can tell they have put alot of work into the staduims as they all look amazing down to the last detail. Some people are moaning about interceptions and how it always seems to happen when a bad ball is thrown but they are never complaininmg when they are on the otherr end of one. Overall 5/5

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 May 2015
This review is from: Madden NFL 25 (PS4) (Video Game)
a great product which was in immaculate condition,and an amazing price too!!
Dispatch was also extremely fast.
excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars owner mode is wicked!, 14 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Madden NFL 25 (PS4) (Video Game)
The best Madden game I've played! I love the owner mode best thing they've done! Pure class, well done EA!

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 27 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Madden NFL 25 (PS4) (Video Game)
bought as a gift. enjoyable to play.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Madden NFL 25 (PS4)
Madden NFL 25 (PS4) by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 4)