5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
This made for a good present, very impressed kept them amused most of the day, and easy to order, arrived on time packaging very good
Published 3 months ago by Wendy

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok game
Very happy with sender came early. Well packed.
I thought I will be able to interact with animal via kinetic
Very limited interaction with animals, not like other pet games
Published 22 days ago by Mrs Khan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars good game, 19 Mar 2014
Craig Murray "Buzzym" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zoo Tycoon (Xbox One) (Video Game)
Love this game really well done hopefully they make a rollercoaster tycoon only thing I wish they had put offline co-op

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 12 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Good, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: Zoo Tycoon (Xbox One) (Video Game)
This was a gift for my son so did not play myself. But he and his sons love to play.

5.0 out of 5 stars I fed a giraffe, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: Zoo Tycoon (Xbox One) (Video Game)
Brilliant game, brilliant graphics. fun for all the family! I love it so does my husband and 2yrs old little girl. great game!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok game, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Zoo Tycoon (Xbox One) (Video Game)
Very happy with sender came early. Well packed.
I thought I will be able to interact with animal via kinetic
Very limited interaction with animals, not like other pet games

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 24 Nov 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Zoo Tycoon (Xbox One) (Video Game)
This game is a very fun and enjoyable game to play. You have four modes.

Tutorial mode, which shows you everything you need to know about this game.

Campaign mode, a 15 hour campaign involves different missions on different zoos.

Challenge mode , different timed challenges.

Freeform mode, create your own zoo to how you want it. Infinite money.

It is a very good game. You have 101 species and you have different varieties of different animals. You have rhinos, elephants, lions etc etc. Not so much creativity as it's older versions but very fun and enjoyable still

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: Zoo Tycoon (Xbox One) (Video Game)
Bought this for my daughter for xmas she loved it and I enjoyed playing it too. Never said that about a game before.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Beatiful Disappointment, 2 Dec 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Zoo Tycoon (Xbox One) (Video Game)
I bought this game hoping the relive my childhood, knowing full well that's only ever a disappointment. This game only gets a 3/5 from me, but that could go up if the dlc proves any good.
The biggest let down is just how minimal you're zoos are allowed to be. In freeform mode you're given infinite money, so it's incredibly frustrating that your zoo can only get so big before you receive a message stating that you've reached the zoo limit. I wondered why we were given so few animals to play with, but now I see it would be utterly pointless to have any more. On that note, they're somewhat exaggerated their animal numbers; I mean for instance we have 13 subspecies of bear; does anyone need 13 subspecies of bear (ludicrously not including the giant panda!)? Or 9 subspecies of giraffe? It's interesting to learn about the various subspecies, but I'm sure we'd rather have had some wolves, big cats besides lions and tigers, camels, kangaroos etc. The lack of space can also make it very difficult to progress in the challenges.
The colour variants is a great add on, but you'll rarely see them given how difficult it is to breed animals in this game, even when fully researched and with assigned breeding experts.
So yeah, absolutely stunning, but absolutely a let down on its own... let's hope future dlc will rescue this game, but it's unlikely unless we're given more space to build on. All playing this has made me do is dig out zoo tycoon 2, I suggest you do the same until we hear word of expansions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Be the zookeeper you always wished to be with Zoo Tycoon., 24 Nov 2013
MrsKatyS (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Zoo Tycoon (Xbox One) (Video Game)
Whether you are a first time Zoo Tycoon player or a long standing fan of the popular franchise there is something for everyone with Zoo Tycoon. Working your way through 10 tutorials will allow you to have all the experience that you need to start running your own zoo. Helpful tips on the load screen, which you will see for about 1 minute each time you load a new zoo, also add to the learning experience of this game.

The addition of challenges and a notifications screen allow you to have a busy zoo and yet still keep fun elements with regular challenges, of varying difficulty, popping up throughout the game at random intervals.

It is possible to play with your friends, or enemies even, and the online gameplay functions are fun, interesting and can lead to the whiling away of hours without realising.

The positives:

Lots of fun
Lots of zoos and levels to play
Can interact with friends
Possible to record videos and take photographs for referring to later and for showing off to friends
Lots of animals, different varieties can be researched
Achievements are varied with easy ones, such as start your own zoo, and more long winded ones involving meeting up with friends and playing together
Kinect controls give the chance to interact with animals, such as hosing down rhinoceroses and feeding giraffes by hand, this is a lovely thing to do and in particular it is great for children

The negatives:

Pre-made exhibits take away some of the fun of designing that perfect enclosure
Pre-set footpaths can lead to a zoo which will drive the OCD minded crazy with wavy paths everywhere with lots of gaps in the middle
It is almost impossible to make that perfect zoo on the earlier zoo maps because there is a limit on the amount of items and animals that you can have, this can make it hard to please the guests all of the time

Overall this game is interesting, fun and has a variety of achievements, the first 10-15 that are quite simple and possible to earn in under 12 hours. The rest of the achievements set enough of a challenge to keep the game fresh which is ideal when you consider the more expensive price of Xbox One games compared to other consoles. The game is worthy of 4/5 from me as I have had great fun playing it so far and would definitely recommend it. It isn't going to please all fans of the original games, which were on PC, due to the difference in game controls but overall it is a fun game, worthy of the money at least, and best of all it is fun for children and adults alike.

1.0 out of 5 stars Uncomprehendingly Severely Limited, 3 Jan 2014
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Zoo Tycoon (Xbox One) (Video Game)
So my partner got this the other day and I thought it looks like a great game. Purchased from Tesco as cheaper and Amazon had no stock. Shame but oh well.
We were playing it for a while and we loved setting up a Zoo. She is a great lover of all things Animal.

So the graphics are fantastic and the simplicity of the game makes it easy to get into from an entry level gamer.

Now we were having great fun; and I was half way through writing a 4 or 5 star review and then "it happened".
What happened? We reached an arbitrary limit called the Zoo Limit. Having covered about a quarter to a third of the available build space at most; we hit a limit that stops us from even adding an enrichment to an existing exhibit.

This limit appears to be something I should have searched the internet for; and if you look at the reviews of the Xbox 360 version (2 star average at time of writing) you can see that when this game doesn't get the 5 star launch title reviews; people are more critical of its limitations.

I, regrettably, have to give this game 1 star as very soon it will be gathering dust. If they patch this mistake then I will re-review this game. Up until this limit the game was immensely fun and a beautiful title. Perfect for launch.

The limit appears to be the same as the Xbox 360 version which implies they are keeping it low to make money on later DLC or they have done this by mistake. Or there are bugs with the engine that can't handle any more agents.

I feel compelled to give this an overall rating of 1 star so that this limit is brought to people's attention. In some of the challenges this limit is bordering on game breaking as you have to work around it to complete the challenge. And in terms of the free mode game-play where money is no issue; you can hit this limit within about 45 minutes of play and that is it. Zoo finished. No more animals. No more anything. Done.

I am utterly disappointed at this. There doesn't seem to be any formal acknowledgement by developers either. If they increased the limit, which the console seems more than capable of (note the Xbox One version looks to have larger build areas but same limit!) then this is easily a 5 star title. At the moment I cannot get over my disappointment. We were looking forward to building our dream Zoo simulation and have all different species of animals in their own exhibits; but Zoo Limit says NO!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb46d6e04)

Zoo Tycoon (Xbox One)
Zoo Tycoon (Xbox One) by Microsoft (Xbox One)
44.99