5.0 out of 5 stars PS4 Christmas
The PS4 arrived much earlier than Amazon first expected, I set it up and it worked perfectly after updating it, no issues at all and a great pre order price.
Published 7 months ago by Mr.Noisy

3.0 out of 5 stars Unfinished product
It is fine. But do not buy yet. Blu-ray player is weak with no Dolby Digital or DTS playback. Also no decent games apart from BF4 which looks great on it. KZSF is rubbish. Use your PS3 for another year and the PS4 might be ready for the market with loads and loads of software updates.
Published 5 months ago by beckwiser

5.0 out of 5 stars PS4 Christmas, 3 Jan 2014
Mr.Noisy (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony PlayStation 4 and Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) (Console)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of fun!, 29 Nov 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
my ps4 has behaved perfectly so far, shame a few other people are not sharing my good fortune thus far!. Looks awesome, BF4 looks amazing, having a blast!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!, 20 May 2014
Bought this for my friend who didn't have any previous consoles, but I had an Xbox 360 before, so I can compare it to that.

I'm actually a PC gamer, and was expecting typical console trash (yes, I'm one of those PC gamers), but I'm actually pretty surprised at how good this thing actually is. The video quality in games is actually closer to acceptable than it was on the Xbox 360 and the PS3 - I actually sold my Xbox 360 because I couldn't stand just how utterly atrocious everything looked, especially when I was paying 45 for a game. This thing, on the other hand, creates very beautiful graphics, and I actually don't mind sitting watching him play things now!

Game releases are still a little scant, but it's still a new console, give it time and there'll be too many to realistically play while being full time employed!

The other features provided by this thing are also very handy, like the apps for Netflix and the Bluray player. The device is very capable as a home entertainment device, and as a result of this we have been able to get rid of the HTPC we had been using for streaming video content from the internet so it has also appealed to my minimalism by allowing me to throw out one other device (two if I had actually used a Bluray player before this).

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a kid again., 26 Jan 2014
Delivery was spot on, ordered next day delivery, no problems there what so ever.

PS4 set up is simple and easy to follow. Picking a user name you want/like that hasn't been used already is probably the hardest thing to do in the whole setting up experience. Having had an xbox 360 previously, I am pleased to say that the dash board is brilliant, alot more user friendly than the 360. There is a user guide section (I think I saw one), but it is that easy to navigate that I haven't been near it yet. The only thing that wasn't immediately obvious was how to get your free 14 day PSN subscription, to me anyway, until that is you go into the market place, where you are directed to it immediately (have your credit card details handy, although I used my debit card, which was fine). To get your free PSN games just go to the games section and down load everything that is free, I was suprised and delighteghted to find that there was alot more there that I was expecting i.e DCU online.

The console is smart looking, heavier than expected, quiet whilst running and fairly stylish. Love the rechargeable pad, doesnt take long to charge, but also doesn't last that long either.....about 12 hours, yes I hammered it the first day :).

Finally Killzone is alot more fun than I was expecting, it makes good use of the new controllers extra abilities, a good introduction anyway. Graphics are nice, and the lighting is next gen. The AI does feel a little strange at times, going from the sublime to the rediculous, but that in my mind added to the fun. Multi player wasn't something I was looking for, being older and never attempting it in the past, I approached it with more than a little trepidation, sadly for my wife I am addicted. The interface isn't great, it's not obvious at first how to alter loadouts, probably due to my inexperience, the learning curve was fairly steep and there are a few glitches/lag issues but over all i like it....alot.
So in a nut shell, I am like a kid again, a very happy, soon to be divorced 38 year old kid. joking about the divorce thing by the way....hopefully.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the rest, 26 Jan 2014
If you've thinking of buying ps4 or Xbox one then save yourself 100 quid and buy the ps4 this is the best next gen out there , I've owned an Xbox one and wasn't that impressed

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, when more big games come along, 13 Aug 2014
Oh the Playstation 4, the hype you brought and so far in my opinion has failed to deliver...

So I had both an Xbox 360 and PS3, I preferred the PS3 interface etc but much preferred he xbox online play. However, with Sony showing how great online play is and how you now have to pay for it that the experience will be so much better I thought il give the PS4 a shot over the XBOX One.

I feel Sony delivered but from what Ive seen XBOX still seem to be a little ahead on the whole online play a little more and people seem to talk more on XBOX as well. However, if you have a child people not talking might not be such a bad thing.

The graphics are better than the PS3 but not mind blowing, however, it's early days so this is to be expected but I did expect a little more from the Hype that Sony was giving, this is the same for the Xbox One. The PS4 works great and luckily on launch day I was not one of the unlucky people that had a dead one. However, as of late I have got offline lag to the point where I have to turn it off, contacted Sony this is a known problem and told me how to fix it so thats fine.

My main concern is not with the PS4 itself my problem is the fact that it has now been 9 Months since it's came out and I have not seen or played one game yet that has made me thought wow this is why I bought this console! However, with Destiny/GTAV and many others coming out in the next few months I cant help but think my mind will be changed.

Killzone: To sum up and this is already as long review and if you have made it this for wow you have patience. Killzone was longer than expected and is a great game don't get me wrong but I feel like there was just something missing, maybe a few light hearted moments like you would get in most 1st Person Shooters nowadays as Killzone took itself to seriously for a game that did not fully draw you into the action.

In Short should you buy this?

Should you buy it now?

MAYBE NOT come christmas when more big games are out I feel like your money will be extremely well spent but at this moment and for the last 9 months it is just a very good dust collector.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can recommend, 19 July 2014
Review after 6 months

Pros-

The Playstation hasn't had any faults or hardware problems despite regular use.

It's smaller than it's Xbox One competitor

It emits a low amount of noise when it's on. it's about 50 % quieter than my old Xbox 360 by my judgements.

The new dashboard seems cleaner and more user friendly than the PS3s

From an Xbox 360 user the controller took no time at all to get used to, it fits perfectly and comfortably in my hand and it fixes all the problems with DuelShock 3.

The touch pad section on the controller is a feature i wasn't sure about but it's proven to be a really useful tool for developers mainly to make navigating selection menus like weapons much easier and there is no way you'll accidentally swipe it due to the controllers layout.

The controller battery performs as expected lasting for several hours before needing a recharge, which is easy to do.

The share feature and button on the controller is a nice addition and so long as you learn the easy commands bound to that button you'll have no problem recording in game footage.

I liked Killzone, both the single player which is visually beautiful and the multiplayer, although due to the way you level up in multiplayer you will feel at a disadvantage against those that have invested more time than yourself.

Cons -

Sony have failed to implement what i believe to be some pretty basic features, such as support to put your own music files on your Playstation. This is due to Sony wanting to make money off Music Unlimited's subscription based plan. You'll also find for internet use that flash player isn't installed so you'll probably want to stick to mobile phone friendly sites for a better experience. (either might change in a later update)

Killzone online community is quite small with few people playing outside of peak times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown Away, 30 Nov 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is the first time I've spent over 300 on one item on Amazon, so I was a little dubious.
Also being a gamer and promised by Amazon to receive this on the release date of 29th November.
It got to 20:00pm on the 28th, and my ps4 was still not dispatched. I was on the "chat" and was assured it would be there for release day.

I woke up on the morning of the 29th, and my item had been dispatched, and was en-route to me (check-able via the tracking number). 14.00 on the 29th, it was here.

So,.....Well done Amazon. I applaud you Sirs (and madams).

So, to the PS4. What a machine. Its so fast, so sleek, and its smaller than a ps3 slim, which I was not expecting.
The new xmb is sooooo fast, and so stylish. Loving it.

And the games, I got Killzone and BF4 on release. Both outstanding. Graphically, they are far sharper than the ps3/xbox games. The colours are more brighter, real looking. The lighting is superior, the particles are amazing.
You CAN tell its a new generation of hardware.

Oh, and the new dualshock....how good is that. Feels amazing, and the added touch-pad and speaker, great touches.

And, one of the mistakes on the PS3 was the lack of cross-game chat (like on xbox). Well with PS4, its now available. And, now you get a headset, with mic included in with ALL PS4's. Thats a big plus for Sony.

So, if you get a PS4, you wont be disappointed. Sony have done the homework this time around. They see what was wrong with PS3, and xbox for that matter, and included it all in one machine. Fantastic.

PS4 WILL be top of the pile once again. They have pretty much guaranteed that, by looking after what we want a console to be.....a gaming machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gaming Masterpiece, 30 Nov 2013
Mr. C. Forshaw "SkullScience" (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
I shall start this by saying excellent service by Amazon. Got the PS4 on time on day of release. I write this shortly after writing my Xbox One review. So many losers want me to pick a side and say how much better one particular console is when the truth is I own all 3, PS4, Xbox One and Wii U and can honestly say that the difference between Wii U to Xbox One/PS4 is minimal whilst difference between Xbox One and PS4 is invisible to the naked eye. They all have their own exclusives, take your preference and you won't be disappointed which ever console you choose. Ok, onto the review of the console. The PS4 is the most stylish of all the 'next gen' consoles, and I can confirm the so called 'noisy' console is nice and quiet, far more so than PS3. On the flip-side it definitely does not feel quite as expensive/well built as Xbox One. The new joypad is beautiful and yet familiar to any Sony fans. An excellent upgrade that will feel natural in your hands from the start. The launch line-up is not quite as impressive as Xbox One or indeed the Wii U when that was released, but Killzone which came bundled, Resogun, Battlefield 4 and Warframe are must have games from the launch line-up. This will be the console if all you are interested in is games and that is apparent from when you boot up. The whole 'eco-system' is game oriented and multi-media, what little there is, is pushed into the background, whereas on Xbox One everything is in your face from music, movies to the most important games. this difference in emphasis is definitely more stark than previous gen. I am excited as to the future of console gaming, in an ideal world all 3 would co-exist, but instead it is like the South Park episode, all I know is, if you do choose PS4, it will give you years of gaming pleasure. A big upgrade from PS3 and a beast of a gaming machine. That is already apparent.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unfinished product, 26 Mar 2014
beckwiser (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

Sony PlayStation 4 and Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4)
399.99