5.0 out of 5 stars PS4 Christmas
The PS4 arrived much earlier than Amazon first expected, I set it up and it worked perfectly after updating it, no issues at all and a great pre order price.
Published 6 months ago by Mr.Noisy

3.0 out of 5 stars Unfinished product
It is fine. But do not buy yet. Blu-ray player is weak with no Dolby Digital or DTS playback. Also no decent games apart from BF4 which looks great on it. KZSF is rubbish. Use your PS3 for another year and the PS4 might be ready for the market with loads and loads of software updates.
Published 3 months ago by beckwiser

5.0 out of 5 stars PS4 Christmas, 3 Jan 2014
Mr.Noisy (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony PlayStation 4 and Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4) (Console)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loads of fun!, 29 Nov 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
my ps4 has behaved perfectly so far, shame a few other people are not sharing my good fortune thus far!. Looks awesome, BF4 looks amazing, having a blast!

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a kid again., 26 Jan 2014
Delivery was spot on, ordered next day delivery, no problems there what so ever.

PS4 set up is simple and easy to follow. Picking a user name you want/like that hasn't been used already is probably the hardest thing to do in the whole setting up experience. Having had an xbox 360 previously, I am pleased to say that the dash board is brilliant, alot more user friendly than the 360. There is a user guide section (I think I saw one), but it is that easy to navigate that I haven't been near it yet. The only thing that wasn't immediately obvious was how to get your free 14 day PSN subscription, to me anyway, until that is you go into the market place, where you are directed to it immediately (have your credit card details handy, although I used my debit card, which was fine). To get your free PSN games just go to the games section and down load everything that is free, I was suprised and delighteghted to find that there was alot more there that I was expecting i.e DCU online.

The console is smart looking, heavier than expected, quiet whilst running and fairly stylish. Love the rechargeable pad, doesnt take long to charge, but also doesn't last that long either.....about 12 hours, yes I hammered it the first day :).

Finally Killzone is alot more fun than I was expecting, it makes good use of the new controllers extra abilities, a good introduction anyway. Graphics are nice, and the lighting is next gen. The AI does feel a little strange at times, going from the sublime to the rediculous, but that in my mind added to the fun. Multi player wasn't something I was looking for, being older and never attempting it in the past, I approached it with more than a little trepidation, sadly for my wife I am addicted. The interface isn't great, it's not obvious at first how to alter loadouts, probably due to my inexperience, the learning curve was fairly steep and there are a few glitches/lag issues but over all i like it....alot.
So in a nut shell, I am like a kid again, a very happy, soon to be divorced 38 year old kid. joking about the divorce thing by the way....hopefully.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the rest, 26 Jan 2014
If you've thinking of buying ps4 or Xbox one then save yourself 100 quid and buy the ps4 this is the best next gen out there , I've owned an Xbox one and wasn't that impressed

5.0 out of 5 stars Can recommend, 19 July 2014
Review after 6 months

Pros-

The Playstation hasn't had any faults or hardware problems despite regular use.

It's smaller than it's Xbox One competitor

It emits a low amount of noise when it's on. it's about 50 % quieter than my old Xbox 360 by my judgements.

The new dashboard seems cleaner and more user friendly than the PS3s

From an Xbox 360 user the controller took no time at all to get used to, it fits perfectly and comfortably in my hand and it fixes all the problems with DuelShock 3.

The touch pad section on the controller is a feature i wasn't sure about but it's proven to be a really useful tool for developers mainly to make navigating selection menus like weapons much easier and there is no way you'll accidentally swipe it due to the controllers layout.

The controller battery performs as expected lasting for several hours before needing a recharge, which is easy to do.

The share feature and button on the controller is a nice addition and so long as you learn the easy commands bound to that button you'll have no problem recording in game footage.

I liked Killzone, both the single player which is visually beautiful and the multiplayer, although due to the way you level up in multiplayer you will feel at a disadvantage against those that have invested more time than yourself.

Cons -

Sony have failed to implement what i believe to be some pretty basic features, such as support to put your own music files on your Playstation. This is due to Sony wanting to make money off Music Unlimited's subscription based plan. You'll also find for internet use that flash player isn't installed so you'll probably want to stick to mobile phone friendly sites for a better experience. (either might change in a later update)

Killzone online community is quite small with few people playing outside of peak times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown Away, 30 Nov 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is the first time I've spent over 300 on one item on Amazon, so I was a little dubious.
Also being a gamer and promised by Amazon to receive this on the release date of 29th November.
It got to 20:00pm on the 28th, and my ps4 was still not dispatched. I was on the "chat" and was assured it would be there for release day.

I woke up on the morning of the 29th, and my item had been dispatched, and was en-route to me (check-able via the tracking number). 14.00 on the 29th, it was here.

So,.....Well done Amazon. I applaud you Sirs (and madams).

So, to the PS4. What a machine. Its so fast, so sleek, and its smaller than a ps3 slim, which I was not expecting.
The new xmb is sooooo fast, and so stylish. Loving it.

And the games, I got Killzone and BF4 on release. Both outstanding. Graphically, they are far sharper than the ps3/xbox games. The colours are more brighter, real looking. The lighting is superior, the particles are amazing.
You CAN tell its a new generation of hardware.

Oh, and the new dualshock....how good is that. Feels amazing, and the added touch-pad and speaker, great touches.

And, one of the mistakes on the PS3 was the lack of cross-game chat (like on xbox). Well with PS4, its now available. And, now you get a headset, with mic included in with ALL PS4's. Thats a big plus for Sony.

So, if you get a PS4, you wont be disappointed. Sony have done the homework this time around. They see what was wrong with PS3, and xbox for that matter, and included it all in one machine. Fantastic.

PS4 WILL be top of the pile once again. They have pretty much guaranteed that, by looking after what we want a console to be.....a gaming machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gaming Masterpiece, 30 Nov 2013
Mr. C. Forshaw "SkullScience" (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
I shall start this by saying excellent service by Amazon. Got the PS4 on time on day of release. I write this shortly after writing my Xbox One review. So many losers want me to pick a side and say how much better one particular console is when the truth is I own all 3, PS4, Xbox One and Wii U and can honestly say that the difference between Wii U to Xbox One/PS4 is minimal whilst difference between Xbox One and PS4 is invisible to the naked eye. They all have their own exclusives, take your preference and you won't be disappointed which ever console you choose. Ok, onto the review of the console. The PS4 is the most stylish of all the 'next gen' consoles, and I can confirm the so called 'noisy' console is nice and quiet, far more so than PS3. On the flip-side it definitely does not feel quite as expensive/well built as Xbox One. The new joypad is beautiful and yet familiar to any Sony fans. An excellent upgrade that will feel natural in your hands from the start. The launch line-up is not quite as impressive as Xbox One or indeed the Wii U when that was released, but Killzone which came bundled, Resogun, Battlefield 4 and Warframe are must have games from the launch line-up. This will be the console if all you are interested in is games and that is apparent from when you boot up. The whole 'eco-system' is game oriented and multi-media, what little there is, is pushed into the background, whereas on Xbox One everything is in your face from music, movies to the most important games. this difference in emphasis is definitely more stark than previous gen. I am excited as to the future of console gaming, in an ideal world all 3 would co-exist, but instead it is like the South Park episode, all I know is, if you do choose PS4, it will give you years of gaming pleasure. A big upgrade from PS3 and a beast of a gaming machine. That is already apparent.

3.0 out of 5 stars Unfinished product, 26 Mar 2014
beckwiser (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but Sony customer support is lacking, 18 Feb 2014
A review in two parts.

I receiving a PS4 (+ Knack) from my wife for Christmas. Great machine, easy to set up, the controller is great. Graphics and sound superb (configured with HDMI, high-end Hi-Fi and a 2 metre rear-projection screen). Knack was fun (retro feel to the game) and now just about finished Killzone (this game really uses the new features of the controller well, such as when the controller talks to you when you find audiologs, and the touch-pad for controlling your OWL). So all good and a five star review.

I also bought one for my son (Ps4+Killzone&BF4, delivered by Amazon on release date) as a Christmas present. Once unwrapped and set-up we found that it had a fault. After Christmas, he contacted Sony to get it replaced (perhaps he should had passed it back to me so that I could return it to Amazon who have, as we all know, the best Customer Service possible!). It is now over a month since he returned it and still no replacement machine. He contacted them via email and received a response from them that stated he would have to wait longer if he contacted them again! Shocking!! This delay in a replacement seems unreasonable to me. I know they have sold millions and only a small % are faulty, but it seems as if they are still selling to new customers and people who have already purchased are being treated like second-class citizens. I love my PS4, my elder son loves his Sony camera - but as a family we will think long and hard before purchasing a Sony product again. So a one-star review.

Now 1st March and still nothing from Sony re replacing my sons faulty PS4. This is really dreadful customer service so another star lost (was previously 3) - just how long are we supposed to wait!

So 2 stars overall!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank you Amazon.co.uk!, 28 Jan 2014
Obviously, the 5 stars is partly due to the fact that I received this console in a period there is a serious supply problem especially in Europe, and if I had tried pre-ordering this from anywhere in the Netherlands, would probably have to wait for weeks, and god knows when I would have ever received it. Saw this bundle in stock on the Jan 23rd, ordered it, chose super saver delivery, and it was delivered to my home in Netherlands today, the 28th - that is with no delivery cost. Could even have had it on 24th for some extra cost if I had wished. So, really well done Amazon.co.uk, I was quite hesitant as this would be my first order from the site, and one that delicate and expensive.. But everything went so smoothly thankfully.

As for the console, I think pretty much everybody now days have a good idea about the cons and pros, so will not repeat once again. I was playing BF3 in PS3 regularly, and even there was facing serious drop in FPS not to mention relatively crap graphics even compared to xbox360, and the limitation of max 24 players in multiplayer (vs. 64 in PC). Now the BF4 out, I think PS4 is a clear winner vs ps3, in fact even vs xbox live: 60 fps @1080p, 64 players online!

So, obviously, if you haven't played most of the epic games in ps3 yet, and are not necessarily after a massive 1st person online experience like BF4 offers, than you can stick to ps3 for the time being. But if you played pretty much all of them, and do want to be a part of games like BF4 with better graphics with descent performance and massive online experience (there will definitely be a lot more of them in the coming months) I would highly recommend this console.

Sony PlayStation 4 and Killzone Shadow Fall (PS4)
399.99